Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2003 6:45:49 PM EDT
Just got my new Bushmaster DCM lower with dual stage trigger and butt stock weight.
I really like the let off and the overall feel of the lower,but what I was suprised about-- was the triggers amount of pull,I was expecting a little less pull.
I had no idea that the trigger is set at (by law)to a 4Lb pull.
Any thoughts,or comments more than welcome.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
the trigger is supposed to be 3 1/2 lbs. on the first stage, 1 lb. for the final stage to meet the CMP/NRA Highpower rifle Match rules for 4 1/2 lb. total trigger pull weight. CMP rifles are built for this competition.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just got my new Bushmaster DCM lower with dual stage trigger and butt stock weight.
I really like the let off and the overall feel of the lower,but what I was suprised about-- was the triggers amount of pull,I was expecting a little less pull.
View Quote

There is no such "law" that sets the trigger to 4 lbs. As the other poster stated, to compete in a highpower match the rules state a *4 1/2* lb. weight. You might as well go ahead and get ready to purchase another trigger for your Bushmaster. The Bushmaster two stage is a POS. They are very tricky to keep shooting correctly and to keep it adjusted. I cannot tell you how many I have seen/heard that went bad. It will also do it at the worst possible time, at a match. Be prepared, it will happen.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no such "law" that sets the trigger to 4 lbs. As the other poster stated, to compete in a highpower match the rules state a *4 1/2* lb. weight. You might as well go ahead and get ready to purchase another trigger for your Bushmaster. The Bushmaster two stage is a POS. They are very tricky to keep shooting correctly and to keep it adjusted. I cannot tell you how many I have seen/heard that went bad. It will also do it at the worst possible time, at a match. Be prepared, it will happen.
View Quote
I was afraid of that,I know I wasnt crazy when I felt the trigger on the Bushmaster,I guess Im gonna buy another trigger from RB Precision,I have one on another lower and like it better,its a real bummer--------I wasnt expecting this out of a bushy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top