AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks,

What exactly is Full Auto profile on the hammer??? Can u attach of pic of F/A vs Notched? I'm a novice here...

Wondering if it was a spare set of springs, got an identical one in an Aero LPK that has silver colored springs rather than brass. Looks as if that's the color of the springs if you buy the Colt Trigger by itself.

Wondering if I should just use a spare set of Anderson springs from a botched FCG, as long as it wouldn't affect the pull/weight. (Or from a CMMG or PSA that has an S on one or 2 parts, whichever of the 2 may have the best springs for a nice pull)
View Quote

Here's a wild idea.....why not shoot with it and see how it performs rather than "what if"?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was never a trigger snob till I shot a HSNM.  That changed everything.  Now all my precision rifles have a HSNM and all my others have MBT2s.  

I will say, will practice, you can make a stock trigger decent.  JP springs and polish the contact areas
View Quote

Buying a HSNM was the worst decision I've ever made. My eyes have been opened. Hard to go back to an SSA after that, and every non-G trigger feel like crap.

But, I still stand by the thought the MBT-2S is solid for the money, as not everyone wants to drop $270+ on a trigger.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Buying a HSNM was the worst decision I've ever made. My eyes have been opened. Hard to go back to an SSA after that, and every non-G trigger feel like crap.

But, I still stand by the thought the MBT-2S is solid for the money, as not everyone wants to drop $270+ on a trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was never a trigger snob till I shot a HSNM.  That changed everything.  Now all my precision rifles have a HSNM and all my others have MBT2s.  

I will say, will practice, you can make a stock trigger decent.  JP springs and polish the contact areas

Wow, I haven't heard anyone say they aren't a fan of the HSNM for precision work.  I've shot the ssa and ssa-e, and while they are nice trigger, for the $, id rather have the mbt. Usually id put a mbt in a precision rifle while I waited for a hsnm to come available on the EE.  This way I could to basic ladder workup. But my groups shrink a fair amount because of the hsnm.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wow, I haven't heard anyone say they aren't a fan of the HSNM for precision work.  I've shot the ssa and ssa-e, and while they are nice trigger, for the $, id rather have the mbt. Usually id put a mbt in a precision rifle while I waited for a hsnm to come available on the EE.  This way I could to basic ladder workup. But my groups shrink a fair amount because of the hsnm.
View Quote

I think he was being sarcastic... My HSNM is the only G trigger I have left & it will be staying put.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Preface - I didn't read a single post.

RRA makes hands down the nicest milspec trigger out there.  Compared to something like aero, cmmg, or PSA it feels like a Geissele.

I always use their lpks because of the consistent quality of parts.
View Quote

I agree with the above. I'm real persnickety with my AR triggers. I've replace almost all my 556 and 308 AR triggers except for my 2 RRA AR's with Geissele SSA-E triggers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They might be, but they are nice and are the proper phosphate coating the OP requires.  Also, Schmid makes all of the FCGs to each manufacturer's specifications.  All of my stock LMTs have very nice single stage mil spec triggers.
View Quote

Interesting, mine are terrible. My Colt triggers are noticeably better. To be fair, my LMT lowers are over 10 years old now, so maybe the triggers are better now.

Now the LMT 2 stage, that is a nice trigger!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Okay, I finally decided and went with the ALG QMS from White Oak Armament... Hopefully I made the right decision.

I had it narrowed between that and the True Mil-Spec Trigger Assembly from RightToBear... In the end, I just trusted the ALG name more.

Those three groove pins on the QMS are going to bother me, but I'll hopefully get over it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#8]
You won’t regret it and White Oak is a great company to support.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay, I finally decided and went with the ALG QMS from White Oak Armament... Hopefully I made the right decision.

I had it narrowed between that and the True Mil-Spec Trigger Assembly from RightToBear... In the end, I just trusted the ALG name more.

Those three groove pins on the QMS are going to bother me, but I'll hopefully get over it.
View Quote

I wasn't aware of that WOA trigger.  Seems like you found a nice one that fits your criteria.  Remember, you can always add a green Hyperfire hammer spring if you want to reduce the trigger pull weight slightly.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've never ordered anything from WOA, though I've never really heard anything bad about them either and they've been around forever so I feel confident in buying from them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've never ordered anything from WOA, though I've never really heard anything bad about them either and they've been around forever so I feel confident in buying from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They typically ship pretty darn quick
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I clicked on their website and noticed the town name sounded familiar. I lived 10mi from there when I was in college and never knew they existed
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wasn't aware of that WOA trigger.  Seems like you found a nice one that fits your criteria.  Remember, you can always add a green Hyperfire hammer spring if you want to reduce the trigger pull weight slightly.
View Quote

I would've loved to go with the ALG ACT, but I really needed these triggers to be standard-ish and phosphate finished since they're going into retro guns. I figure (hopefully) that the QMS is basically similar to the ACT just without the nickel finished parts.

There was an ACT that I had installed with the purple lower power spring for one of my brother's friends and it was giving him light strikes as he was trying to sight in, he wasn't able to fire even a single shot... I don't remember what ammo he was using, but I remember it as just being Federal M193 or something similar. I also have an ACT with purple spring installed in one of my brothers guns and it hasn't had a light strike yet firing PMC X-TAC M855, but I'll be changing it out to the full power spring after seeing his friend getting light strikes.

I'm fine with the full power hammer springs myself as reliability is really my main concern. The QMS as it comes with the full power springs should be good to go (fingers crossed), though I have been somewhat spoiled by the Geissele SD-E and SSA-E... I just don't want to spend the money to put the SSA-E in all my retro clone builds as I would have preferred, and really, those aren't precision guns anyways.

I'm really just looking to finish up gathering all the parts I need for all the open ended AR projects I've accumulated over the years... It's gotten a bit out of hand. I'm finally at a point where I'm not starting any new AR projects, I just need to finish what I got and maybe start selling some of the extra parts I've got to recoup some of the costs.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They typically ship pretty darn quick
View Quote

Just hopping they have enough to fill an order for three of them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I clicked on their website and noticed the town name sounded familiar. I lived 10mi from there when I was in college and never knew they existed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

White Oak Armament? Not knowing probably saved you some money.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Hahaha!

I got my 3 ALG QMS triggers from WOA yesterday and after inspecting the triggers I thought the finish on them didn't look quite like phosphate... Well, I emailed ALG about that just this morning and they informed me that the finish is black oxide!

I should have emailed ALG before I ordered so that's on me I guess, but dangit! How hard is it to find a phosphate finished standard "mil-spec" trigger anymore?! I guess I just assumed that since it was an ALG product that it would have the superior "mil-spec" phosphate finish... Back to square one I guess.

So I've bought 6 triggers so far and haven't found what I was looking for... Getting a bit frustrated to the point where I might just admit defeat and live with these BLACK OXIDE finished QMS triggers.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top