Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 27
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BobaDebt: What about the optic placement is breaking your brain?
View Quote

He's referring to the optic pushed all the way to the rear of the UR. Most run them "mid point" as do I..

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:

He's referring to the optic pushed all the way to the rear of the UR. Most run them "mid point"
View Quote
What he said. Not right or wrong, just different
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BobaDebt:

What about the optic placement is breaking your brain?

I have not shot this set up yet, I shot my original 10.4 upper with an H-3 buffer and it was pretty much like any of my other 10.3 uppers, but would not cycle 223

Then I bought a real MR556-A1 last year and it impressed me so much that I decided to wait until I had an A5 lower for this upper to shoot it again

Once I shoot it I may change the position of the optic

If you have been wanting to build a 10.4, there has never been a better time

With STS and the Brownells BRN-4 line it can be done affordably or if you want to go mostly all authentic HK parts you can shop around and find deals

I got the RAL8k Stock and grip over the past 2 months from 2 different vendors and I only paid $255 for both, plus I added other parts that were on sale to those orders to offset the shipping

View Quote

What is the rationale for putting the optic so far aft on the receiver?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:34:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BobaDebt] [#4]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:

What is the rationale for putting the optic so far aft on the receiver?
View Quote

Increased sight radius for iron sights

I haven't shot it with this optic yet but I have shouldered it and the red dot position seems fine and lines up perfectly with the laser from my PEQ-15
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#5]
Aero dropped their new Pro series. Going straight after Geissele’s market share with Geissele’s rail design flipped upside down, likely to bypass the patent. Looks good aesthetically but $2000 for an Aero/Ballistic Advantage rifle seems like a hard sell.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: LOL, they even have G$’s tension screws in upside down fashion.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Aero dropped their new Pro series. Going straight after Geissele’s market share with Geissele’s rail design flipped upside down to bypass the patent. Looks good aesthetically but $2000 for an Aero/Ballistic Advantage rifle seems like a hard sell.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3480_jpeg-3224918.JPG

ETA: LOL, they even have G$’s tension screws in upside down fashion.
View Quote

Aero already didn't have my respect, but this is a pretty blatant cash grab. They're charging G money without the innovation. The parts list is basic, with a VG6 delta and ALG QMS trigger.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
As much as I like Aero's uppers, lowers & buffer tubes, that right there is just not right. I"ll agree, blatant cash grab with a ripoff design tactic. They've got the talent to innovate, I don't really get this at all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:

Aero already didn't have my respect, but this is a pretty blatant cash grab. They're charging G money without the innovation. The parts list is basic, with a VG6 delta and ALG QMS trigger.
View Quote

The fact Bill is still willing to sell them ALG triggers means he’s probably laughing at this in reality. Aero may think they’re going to make way in that market share, but I don’t think they will at all.

PSA also has a Mk8 knock off rail and G$ still sells to them too. Imitation is the sincerest form…..
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with the above, but am actually pretty interested to see one of those rails in person.

Moving the hardware to the top looks like the love child of Geisselle and BCM.
Best of both worlds in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Goody454: Moving the hardware to the top looks like the love child of Geisselle and BCM. Best of both worlds in my opinion.
View Quote

That's a fresh way to look at it! And OdieGreen is right, imitation is flattery for the original concept guys & gals.

Still, $2k is a hard pill to swallow for this build..

I guess for those who've built piece by piece for so long (me,) don't really give this stuff a second look.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#11]
Originally Posted By Goody454:
I agree with the above, but am actually pretty interested to see one of those rails in person.

Moving the hardware to the top looks like the love child of Geisselle and BCM.
Best of both worlds in my opinion.
View Quote

I may not be up in arms about it but I definitely won’t buy one because of it.

Who am I kidding, no way in hell I’m paying almost $400 for any rail system, especially an Aero made one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]

That's a fresh way to look at it! And OdieGreen is right, imitation is flattery for the original concept guys & gals.

I guess for those who've built piece by piece for so long (me,) don't really give this stuff a second look.
View Quote

And sometimes imitation is just... imitation. They could have packaged it differently or introduced an incremental improvement, but it literally looks like a G rail flipped upside down. I'll reserve final judgement until I can take a closer look, but regardless the value proposition isn't there at all.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:07:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bringo] [#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goody454: Moving the hardware to the top looks like the love child of Geisselle and BCM. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

ETA: hit submit instead of preview...

Yea, I'll continue to roll my own as well.  

I rarely drop $2k+ at once on a rifle or...anything for that matter. Pic above is years of acquisition, one part at a time.

I use Aero and BA when I need cheap buffer tubes and barrels, like most folks. It's going to be difficult for them to break into that next tier.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bringo:

ETA: hit submit instead of preview...

Yea, I'll continue to roll my own as well.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53755045348_25c15c4c53_b.jpg

I rarely drop $2k+ at once on a rifle or...anything for that matter. Pic above is years of acquisition, one part at a time.

I use Aero and BA when I need cheap buffer tubes and barrels, like most folks. It's going to be difficult for them to break into that next tier.
View Quote

Nice symmetry. The OCD in me would go bonkers trying to get everything in perfect alignment for that pic...

No doubt, all 3 of my SBR AR builds are ~$4-5k each (with stamps & cans) built one little piece at a time over years of acquisition. The sad thing about doing a spreadsheet on gun builds is knowing exactly what you've spent. Still, it's the prudent thing to do.

Like I said I like Areo for uppers, lowers and tubes. They're great.

Sadly, the "responsible homeowner / husband" in me has spent the better part of $20k on house stuff over the last 2 years. Ah, the joys of adulthood!
Page / 27
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top