Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 41 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:19:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By batjka104:
How does one put a sling on an original SCR with a Magpul handguard? The stock has a spot for a stud, but how does the other end attach to the handguard?
View Quote

M-Lok QD Sling Mount

Edit: if it has the older (pre-M-Lok) MOE slots, then they make sling mounts for that (search "magpul MOE sling mount".)
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:07:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 87Turbo-T] [#2]
I lost access to my old ar15.com account but my fightlite is finally done. Sadly my wood guy chipped my cerakote so now I gotta paint it again.  Any ideas for a good scope for this rig?

Before:

After:

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 87Turbo-T:
I lost access to my old ar15.com account but my fightlite is finally done. Sadly my wood guy chipped my cerakote so now I gotta paint it again.  Any ideas for a good scope for this rig?

Before:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/922/MdjKmz.jpg

After:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/2nsVrQ.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/922/QCw3yR.jpg

View Quote

That looks amazing!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonder how 6mm ARC might fair in this...
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By carlschmarl2:

I finally found a lower in stock that I wanted and picked it up the other day!

I can't wait to shoot it and use it for deer season.

Has anyone shot a 6.8SPC and/or 350 Legend through it?
View Quote

https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/my-350-legend-thread-scr-rifle-too.274996/
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I was looking at the cheaper Vortex II Crossfire (1-4 30mm) scope to put on top of 350 upper for deer hunting.

What profile rings are you guys going with?

Do you think the low profile will fit the scope, or will the medium height be too high for a decent cheek weld with a Monte Carlo stock?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Before:

After:

View Quote

That's fucking sexy as hell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
been following this thread for a bit, but haven't seen much feedback or reviews on the scr pistol. anyone have one and what are your thoughts ? any recommended mods?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#12]
One I built up for a friend

IMG_20200228_082932_676 (1) by Jacob Brightman, on Flickr" />

IMG_20200228_082932_675 by Jacob Brightman, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Before:

After:

View Quote

Why are you selling?

https://www.armslist.com/posts/12657691/tri-cities-tn-rifles-for-trade--fightlite-scr
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:13:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#15]
Looks like 14.5 or 16"

Anyone have a link on lowers in stock? Would like to get my hands on another.

How mine is currently set up. Rear sling strap is quite secure. It made me nervous at first but I was able to tighten it up just fine. Love these irons too.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#16]
Here's another with my PA 2x Prism. Moved the rear sight to the front.

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]

350 Legend upper... I need a Mlok stud for the standard style sling other than using my bright green 550 cord.

Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Moses06:
View Quote

Saw one on GB that closes in 10 days or so.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked up one of the Ares Gen. 1s with the heavy trigger - does anybody know of a way to upgrade it to the lighter Gen. 2 trigger?

I can't seem to get in contact with FightLite customer service for help
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By L0WK3Y:
I picked up one of the Ares Gen. 1s with the heavy trigger - does anybody know of a way to upgrade it to the lighter Gen. 2 trigger?

View Quote
I sent one into the factory for the trigger upgrade.  I don't recall if they were Ares or Fightlite at the time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

You aren't going to. It is a completely F'ed up business.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

View Quote

That sucks! It's also not the stock profile I was after...and I have little hope of seeing new-production models on shelves any time soon

I may be wrong, but the OEM Rem 870 stocks look like they have too much of a lip at the end to accept the SCR's flat rear plate

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Unless you want to to drill the hole for the recoil tube you can't use an 870 stock. The stocks for the 1100 work with a little fitting at the end plate.

That sucks! It's also not the stock profile I was after...and I have little hope of seeing new-production models on shelves any time soon

I may be wrong, but the OEM Rem 870 stocks look like they have too much of a lip at the end to accept the SCR's flat rear plate

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Sgt_Gold:
Unless you want to to drill the hole for the recoil tube you can't use an 870 stock. The stocks for the 1100 work with a little fitting at the end plate.

View Quote

Dang, I guess I’ll give that a try...short of finding somebody who added a wood stock and is willing to part with a sporter stock (here’s to hoping!) that sounds like my best option.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

View Quote

This is what's holding me back.  I like the idea of this, and have come close to ordering one several times, but the way the company is managed and their lack of information/communication is really off-putting.  They seem to have plenty of time to spam their Instagram with MCR pics.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:53:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonia] [#26]
weird double tap
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm a huge "must be able to get spare parts" kind of a guy and since the company is so hard to get in touch with, I'm really thinking about getting rid of my pistol lower...

Sad since they have such an innovative product.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BradN:
I'm a huge "must be able to get spare parts" kind of a guy and since the company is so hard to get in touch with, I'm really thinking about getting rid of my pistol lower...

View Quote

It is a little frustrating.  The bolt carrier (w/ strut), which is proprietary and most likely to wear, is available.  I have two lowers, so spending $200 on an extra carrier makes some sense.  For just one lower, it would be hard to swallow.  The recoil assembly and trigger are not available, which is concerning.  I really wish that I had bought another lower back when they were more affordable.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:07:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: L0WK3Y] [#29]

View Quote

Looks like the patent doesn't expire until 2030 so it'll be at least a decade until we'd see aftermarket replacement parts and/or models from other manufacturers.

If I could improve the trigger and get a sporter stock, I'd be happy as a clam - but hesitant to run it hard for fear of irreparable breakage...

What are the chances they come out strong with better customer service and availability in 2021?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Looks like the patent doesn't expire until 2030 so it'll be at least a decade until we'd see aftermarket replacement parts and/or models from other manufacturers.

If I could improve the trigger and get a sporter stock, I'd be happy as a clam - but hesitant to run it hard for fear of irreparable breakage...

What are the chances they come out strong with better customer service and availability in 2021?
View Quote

Good luck. It is strange. They could have a monopoly of rifle sales in ban states, but instead focus on their belt fed idea. Maybe chasing govt contracts?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Brownells had a new product video a few weeks ago that featured the SCR, so not sure if they're planning on ramping up production again or what.

New Products: FightLite, Sionyx, CMMG & Magpul
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:51:13 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Calling bullshit here. If I know you (and I do) you’ll just build a new one of whatever breaks and it’ll be an improved part when done.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Techna:

Calling bullshit here. If I know you (and I do) you’ll just build a new one of whatever breaks and it’ll be an improved part when done.
View Quote

Yeah, you are probably right...
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:43:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Stupid question but does anyone have a photo of how the recoil tube attached to the receiver?  Im tweaking a file right now to hopefully 3D print something similar.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Moses06:
Looks like 14.5 or 16"

How mine is currently set up. Rear sling strap is quite secure. It made me nervous at first but I was able to tighten it up just fine. Love these irons too.

https://i.imgur.com/Ga6aydKh.jpg
View Quote

@Moses06

Where did you buy the rear sling strap?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By batjka104:

@Moses06

Where did you buy the rear sling strap?
View Quote

@batjka104

Ebay is where I found mine, but its a VTAC buttstock sling adapter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Viking-Tactics-VTAC-MK3-BUTTSTOCK-Sling-ADAPTER-BLACK-NEW/281893469750?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#37]
This is a dumb question, but for those of you who have swapped stocks - am I correct in understanding that a 12ga will fit better than a 20ga?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#38]
This is a dumb question, but for those of you who have swapped stocks - am I correct in understanding that a 12ga will fit better than a 20ga?
View Quote

I've never tried a 20 ga stock, but since they are different and the only modification that a 12 ga one needs to fit is to open up the front of the existing hole a little bit, it doesn't seem worth trying one ... unless you've got a really cool 20 ga stock that you want to try.  Challenges are always fun, even if sometimes disappointing.

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:48:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SockToy] [#39]
View Quote

But... why did you buy a rear sling strap? I thought the stock had a threaded stud hole? Looks from the pics like @carlschmarl2 is using it there too.
Are they only on some stocks? I'm confused - ordering parts for mine (Which has yet to arrive) and Im wondering whats needed at the back end

I guess I could just wait for it to arrive...

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:16:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#40]
Originally Posted By SockToy:
But... why did you buy a rear sling strap? I thought the stock had a threaded stud hole? Looks from the pics like @carlschmarl2 is using it there too.
Are they only on some stocks? I'm confused - ordering parts for mine (Which has yet to arrive) and Im wondering whats needed at the back end
I guess I could just wait for it to arrive...
Cheers
View Quote

Fell out within the first few days of owning the rifle, never to be seen again, lol. Figured the strap was easier than getting another another stud.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I was thinking be careful what you wish for.  If Ruger or Brownells license these, they will no longer be under the radar for all you guys in banned states.  Who knows what “assault ban” is coming down the pike as well.  I like mine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bosshoff:
I was thinking be careful what you wish for.  If Ruger or Brownells license these, they will no longer be under the radar for all you guys in banned states.  Who knows what “assault ban” is coming down the pike as well.  I like mine.
View Quote

They essentially don’t exist right. If another company started making them that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Before:

After:

View Quote

That looks great! Where did you source the handguard from? And is the buttstock a new custom piece, or did you modify something else for it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#44]
My work in progress, got it in trade today. I’ll get an extended rail without the front sight base and sling swivel cutouts, I had this rail sitting around.

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:17:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SockToy] [#45]

For anyone who, like me, was searching for info on the SCR and found this thread, here's what I ended up learning:

Vortex Razor II-E HD on Farrell low rings; the stock is /low/ compared to an AR buffer tube, so you want the scope sitting as low as possible to get good cheek weld/sight box. Aadmount flip caps. They're good.

Upper is a Gibbz G4 side charger (left handed, as Im left eye dominant, so I shoulder on left shoulder). You want a side charger, because a low scope is going to get in the way of a standard charging handle. I had a Stag left handed BCG modified to work with it.

Coda Evolution carbon handguard and Proof Carbon 16" wylde barrel (223/556 compatible). You want things forward of the upper as light as possible because your hand is further back than with a pistol grip, so extra weight at the far end is a bigger lever, destabilising your grip.

To stay NY legal, I had a thread protector with target crown manufactured, then the threads ground off the barrel and the protector pinned & welded. In NJ there are some muzzle devices that would have been legal, pinned, but not in NY. Wilson combat tube & JP adjustable gas block (mid length).

Blackwood USA handstop just because it's pretty to bring some wood forward ;p

And a modlite PLHv2 / DS07. Used Arisaka mounts for the light & the forward sling mount. I had to tap threads into the stock for the rear sling mount.

edit: And apparently the magpul BAD lever works, which I have on order now - for a leftie like me that may mean I can mag release, charge, and bolt release all with my right hand - yeah!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#46]
https://i.imgur.com/YoT6tRq.png

For anyone who, like me, was searching for info on the SCR and found this thread, here's what I ended up learning:

Vortex Razor II-E HD on Farrell low rings; the stock is /low/ compared to an AR buffer tube, so you want the scope sitting as low as possible to get good cheek weld/sight box. Aadmount flip caps. They're good.

Upper is a Gibbz G4 side charger (left handed, as Im left eye dominant, so I shoulder on left shoulder). You want a side charger, because a low scope is going to get in the way of a standard charging handle. I had a Stag left handed BCG modified to work with it.

Coda Evolution carbon handguard and Proof Carbon 16" wylde barrel (223/556 compatible). You want things forward of the upper as light as possible because your hand is further back than with a pistol grip, so extra weight at the far end is a bigger lever, destabilising your grip.

To stay NY legal, I had a thread protector with target crown manufactured, then the threads ground off the barrel and the protector pinned & welded. In NJ there are some muzzle devices that would have been legal, pinned, but not in NY. Wilson combat tube & JP adjustable gas block (mid length).

And a modlite PLHv2 / DS07. Used Arisaka mounts for the light & the forward sling mount. I had to tap threads into the stock for the rear sling mount.
View Quote

That’s a beauty. I like how many handles and balances with the ACOG. Might desire more magnification down the road, but for quick shots at 100-200 yards on steel gongs it works nicely. I may put a different upper on it once I have the flash hider removed and the thread cap permanently affixed. Or, I might just have the delta ring cut off and install a free float handguard. Haven’t decided if I want to put money into altering this upper or just do a swap altogether. Problem is what will I do with this upper?

I ordered some rail covers to fill in the empty spacers on the rail for aesthetics. If that removes the cringe factor on the looks for me I might just call it a day. They are due in tomorrow. I also ordered an Allen picatinny sling stud and a nice sling for it.

Group was solid with the mini ACOG. First shot pulled high left as I wasn’t sure how the gun was going to react in terms of trigger pull and recoil on the rest. The next three shots were all in the 10 ring at 100 yards.

I really like this rifle!

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Interesting seeing the difference in yours and mine. Looks like they skeletonised the trigger, and returned to a slightly monte carlo lift in the stock. Mine also came with the bolt catch out of the box. Wonder if there's other changes.

I love the nutmeg stock, but I bet your polymer is WAYYYY lighter. That'd be nice ;p

I have the opposite problem to you. Spare stripped lower floating around (sadly, not fightlite). Thinking perhaps a thorsden grendel.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Nice group Hiram!

The triggers aren't that bad.  No they are not a <3# AR trigger but, with practice, you can learn to shoot a heavier trigger well.  

I think Fightlite is using Boyd's stocks on their factory wooden and or laminate models.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#49]
Originally Posted By 70runner:

That's precisely what was done, with the help of a retired machinist who has a garage full of Bridgeports and such.  Here's the dissected Stag.

https://i.imgur.com/fhxQ4Cg.jpg?1

Biggest challenge was location of strut pivot holes.  The SCR carrier has some reinforcement around the pivot holes which doesn't exist on the Stag.  Machinist who did it for me said he could move the hole location up at bit, ~.030, to gain a bit of reinforcement.  I was concerned about FP clearance.  He said he could machine the FP if needed.  He ended up raising the holes about .010, relative to the SCR, so no FP milling was necessary.  In this pic you can see the reinforcement.

https://i.imgur.com/c4H2QEq.jpg?2

The difference in reinforcement around the pivot pin holes remains an area of concern in terms of long term viability.  One suggestion was to build up the Stag area with a welder.  The machinist said he'd worry about the effect this would have on the carrier's hardened steel.  The force applied to the pivot hole by the pivot pin is maximum at gas expansion, against the forward semicircle of the pivot hole.  This area on the Stag is comparable to the SCR.  I contacted Fightlite about the reinforced area, but they wouldn't let me talk to their engineer.  Anyway, after about 50 rounds I don't see any signs of deformity in the Stag carrier around the pin holes as yet.    

https://i.imgur.com/iLcVdPl.jpg?1

Here's the Stag with strut.

https://i.imgur.com/qHeHiHm.jpg?1

View Quote

Looking at this conversion makes wonder if a similar modification to CMMG's roller delayed blowback bolt carrier could convert the SCR to fire 9mm? Combined with a compatible upper and CMMG's 9mm PMag inserts, this would be all you need to turn the SCR into a PCC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#50]
https://i.imgur.com/YoT6tRq.png

edit: And apparently the magpul BAD lever works, which I have on order now - for a leftie like me that may mean I can mag release, charge, and bolt release all with my right hand - yeah!
View Quote

What did you have to do with the BCG?  Would I be able to use the OEM BCG with the Gibbz side charger?
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 41 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top