Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 40 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MRW:
they seem to be a dead company
View Quote

Kinda concerning for someone who is/was about to buy a lower from them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
they have guns and lowers in stock

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
they have guns and lowers in stock

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3097/Screen_Shot_2020-04-27_at_6_58_24_AM-1388726.png
View Quote

Are they the only place that has rifle lowers in stock?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The SCR has a certain beauty to it.  Has anyone put a .458 SOCOM upper on one?

Seems like it would make a nice quick shooting, heavy hitter.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MRW:
they seem to be a dead company
View Quote

I think that is just how they run.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Always wanted an SCR but Geoff is total scum and a liar so no more of my dollars would ever go to him. There are still guys in my MG group today that would love to have a Shrike but they just cannot bring themselves to buy one given what he did to me and so many others.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Moses06:
Holosun HE507C-GR is right at home, but my terrible astigmatism caused me to return it. Might try the Bushnell lil p, or scorpion sights if I can ever find them again.

https://i.imgur.com/OZb2MJQl.jpg

View Quote

@Moses06

I had the same issue with a Primary Arms red dot. Had to return it. Then I discovered a Bushnell Lil P. $150 from Natchez. It's a tiny prism scope. It works. Reticle is clear. And the height is perfect for an SCR. I have not shot with it yet due to ranges being closed for COVID19, but looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:36:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#9]
Have any pictures? I was about to order one, but $10 shipping and $12 tax... ugh.

Originally Posted By batjka104:
@Moses06
I had the same issue with a Primary Arms red dot. Had to return it. Then I discovered a Bushnell Lil P. $150 from Natchez. It's a tiny prism scope. It works. Reticle is clear. And the height is perfect for an SCR. I have not shot with it yet due to ranges being closed for COVID19, but looking forward to it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#10]
i saw someone posted a pic of their in GD and want to see it again. It was SBR + suppressor. Magpul stock.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]
i recall a pistol one

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
The SCR has a certain beauty to it.  Has anyone put a .458 SOCOM upper on one?

Seems like it would make a nice quick shooting, heavy hitter.
View Quote

I have a 458 Socom upper for my SCR.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ohms139:

I have a 458 Socom upper for my SCR.
View Quote

@ohms139

Got any pics?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By vandal:
BRN-180 upper on SCR Lower with SGA stock.

1) Purchase and install SCR SGA stock adapter from BradN.

2) Buy BRN-180 upper from Brownells

3) Cut slot in BRN-180 upper for SCR sear (drill & end mill)

4) Slightly widen slot in BRN-180 upper for SCR hammer (end mill or file)

5) Round off BRN-180 plastic cap "fake bolt protrusion" to match the contour of the plastic cap (file or dremel)

6) Enjoy

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49779112306_9aa3b567ea_z.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49778580128_7f2ef04419_z.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49779111916_5d9322914e_z.jpg
View Quote

This is what the Mini 14 should become.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Are they the only place that has rifle lowers in stock?
View Quote

Is everyone just ordering directly from the site, or are they being carried other places for cheaper?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/17/2020 7:14:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:

@ohms139

Got any pics?
View Quote

I'll post pictures but I won't be able to use it anymore once I do my BRN-180/SGA 870 stock conversion. I guess I'll just have to buy another lower
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Was able to put this one together a couple weeks ago with some help from a few folks in/around here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cracker-MF:
Was able to put this one together a couple weeks ago with some help from a few folks in/around here.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300872/IMG_1044_jpeg-1465586.JPG
View Quote
Both you and Vandal have some great looking SCRs.  I don't know what it is but they really blow my skirt up.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:12:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#22]
Finally got out to the range with the SCR again. Always love shooting this thing, even with the lack luster trigger. I did lighten it up with a spring, but still, mehh. This would be a real gem with a better trigger. Anyone know about some trigger upgrades?

Bking firearms upper, SCR lower.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Is anyone looking to part with theirs? Deer season is fast approaching and I'd like to pick up a .350 Legend to use.

I haven't been getting any responses from FightLite regarding ordering so I'm kinda stuck.

Any other dealers have them in stock?

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:47:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: batjka104] [#24]
Originally Posted By carlschmarl2:

Is anyone looking to part with theirs? Deer season is fast approaching and I'd like to pick up a .350 Legend to use.

I haven't been getting any responses from FightLite regarding ordering so I'm kinda stuck.

Any other dealers have them in stock?

View Quote

@carlschmarl2

FightLite has the lowers in stock on their website. Have you tried ordering one?

Also, This guy seems to have them as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By batjka104:

@carlschmarl2

FightLite has the lowers in stock on their website. Have you tried ordering one?

Also, This guy seems to have them as well.
View Quote

That dude seems to have quite the backorder on them... I appreciate the help!

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 2:40:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#26]
That dude seems to have quite the backorder on them... I appreciate the help!
View Quote

Only the Monte Carlo shows as backordered; the Sporter does not.  I would order the Sporter with the bolt catch, and then if you don't like the Sporter, simply pick an 1100 stock that you like to install.  It only takes basic skills to mod it to fit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:

Only the Monte Carlo shows as backordered; the Sporter does not.  I would order the Sporter with the bolt catch, and then if you don't like the Sporter, simply pick an 1100 stock that you like to install.  It only takes basic skills to mod it to fit.
View Quote

@carlschmarl2
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:

View Quote

I sent you a FB message Carp...

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I sent you a FB message Carp...
View Quote

Answered.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 1:33:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#30]
Extended-Range SCR Pistol, you say?

Attachment Attached File

Our FightLite SCR® Pistol Scabbard is designed to protect and help you carry your Extended-Range SCR® Pistol
View Quote

Looks like a longer buffer system than the pistol, but perhaps shorter than the rifle.  They don't have that option for sale under SCR pistol lowers, but they do have the scabbard there.  Odd.

Link Posted: 8/20/2020 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#32]
The SCR is a joke. There are numerous states that if they actually manufactured it in any real numbers and priced it right every single new gun owner would buy one.

They would have a lock on the market. Instead, you can't even be sure if FightLite is a real, functioning company.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 10:33:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tankdawg0057] [#33]
Originally Posted By Castillo:
The SCR is a joke. There are numerous states that if they actually manufactured it in any real numbers and priced it right every single new gun owner would buy one.

They would have a lock on the market. Instead, you can't even be sure if FightLite is a real, functioning company.
View Quote

Piss poor CS, questionable QC, ignoring people’s comments and complaints on social media, exorbitant prices...what’s not to like?

I still want one.  The above reasons are why I don’t already have one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Hell, they could probably sell or license it to Ruger.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't know about Ruger, but they did grant Jesse James pemission to produce them. It's a non-exclusive agreement, so FightLite could certainly do the same with another company if they didn't want to produce the SCR themselves.

Attachment Attached File

(Melbourne, FL) April 27, 2017 – FightLite® Industries, the small arms division of ARES Defense Systems® Inc. is pleased to announce that Jesse James Firearms Unlimited, LLC entered into a non-exclusive License Agreement with ARES Defense Systems, Inc. at the beginning of 2017 that grants Jesse James (JJFU) certain rights to manufacture firearms under a patent owned by ARES Defense.

Under the general terms of the Agreement, Jesse James is licensed and authorized by ARES Defense to manufacture and sell rifles that rely on some of the technology and the patent common to the ARES Defense and FightLite Industries SCR® (Sport Configurable Rifle).

Source
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By P400:

I don't know about Ruger, but they did grant Jesse James pemission to produce them. It's a non-exclusive agreement, so FightLite could certainly do the same with another company if they didn't want to produce the SCR themselves.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/61196/fullsizerender-2_jpg-1558476.JPG

Source
View All Quotes

(Melbourne, FL) April 27, 2017 – FightLite® Industries, the small arms division of ARES Defense Systems® Inc. is pleased to announce that Jesse James Firearms Unlimited, LLC entered into a non-exclusive License Agreement with ARES Defense Systems, Inc. at the beginning of 2017 that grants Jesse James (JJFU) certain rights to manufacture firearms under a patent owned by ARES Defense.

Under the general terms of the Agreement, Jesse James is licensed and authorized by ARES Defense to manufacture and sell rifles that rely on some of the technology and the patent common to the ARES Defense and FightLite Industries SCR® (Sport Configurable Rifle).

Source

Why would you license to a small boutique manufacturer that’s even smaller than you?  Seems smarter to sell it to Brownells or something to reach a wider audience.  

Gun manufacturers make some of the oddest business relationships.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 10:05:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: P400] [#37]
Originally Posted By Tankdawg0057:

Why would you license to a small boutique manufacturer that’s even smaller than you?  Seems smarter to sell it to Brownells or something to reach a wider audience.  

View All Quotes

Source

I'm guessing it was because a small specialty manufacturer is going after a different market, and would not be in direct competition with Fightlite, who at the time intended to produce more rifles themselves.

It's an awesome design and I don't particularly care who produces them, but damn. Produce them!
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#38]
They need to partner with Brownells and do a BRN-180 setup. Gets you away from using a oddball bolt setup and gives you a pretty damn perfect rifle setup. Also gives you a lot more stock options because then you don't need to worry about the rat tail
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#39]
I enjoy mine.

I asked  them via Instagram if they were going to do regular black ones again as I have over 20 coworkers who would buy one.

Their answer "You can always Have them Cerakoted".  

Link Posted: 8/23/2020 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#40]
They allowed Jessie to produce them after Jessie copied them without permission
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#42]
How difficult is it to fit a 1100 stock?  Does anyone have instructions?  Like everyone else I’m not impressed with those boyd’s ones.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#43]
How difficult is it to fit a 1100 stock?  Does anyone have instructions?  Like everyone else I’m not impressed with those boyd’s ones.
View Quote

It's been a while since I did mine, but it wasn't tough.  Basically, I measured the "nub" on the SCR receiver (3/4" diameter is why sticks in my head, but it might have been 5/8", by about 1/2" long, but don't quote me on either of those.)  Looked in my bits bin and found a Dremel bit that was exactly the right size.  A few minutes later, I had bored out the original hole for about 1/2" deep.  The stock then slid on and mated almost perfectly.  Took a pass with a file to remove two very (and I mean very) slight high spots for it to fit in perfectly.  I imagine that last part is not consistently true, but was a characteristic of my particular stock.  Once I realized that I should have a bearing plate with a wood stock, that took a little more work.  Had to open its hole up to the same diameter, but it was a bit tougher than wood.

Also, a thin-walled socket (19mm, I think) is a necessity to loosen and then tighten the recoil system.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I have owned an early SCR (serial 102X) for years and I love the gun, and I couldn't agree more with you. It's such a joke. They could dominate the ban state market and outsell the Mini-14 hand over fist. They could sell millions in California alone, especially in the run up to the election, price them reasonably and INCLUDE SOME DAMN SIGHTS WITH THE STOCK GUN but they just....won't. They don't seem to care about any of their customers or their products and people could have this as a way better option rather than the current dumb gimped compliance rifles with flipper stocks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:54:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#45]
For anyone who has seen the musical, Hamilton, I often feel about Geoff Herring as Hamilton felt about Burr.  Initially, I was in awe of what he had accomplished (designing SCR and Shrike), but since then, I've just thought, "what are you waiting for?" and "I will never understand you."
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Cracker-MF:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300872/IMG_1044_jpeg-1465586.JPG
View Quote

did you have to make any modifications to run that setup?
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By airmandaniel:

View Quote

You need an upper like the BRN 180 with the recoil spring in the upper to allow the Magpul stock to run on it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By airmandaniel:

View Quote

What BradN said.  I bought an "adapter" from him for it to work with the SCR lower.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I finally found a lower in stock that I wanted and picked it up the other day!

I can't wait to shoot it and use it for deer season.

Has anyone shot a 6.8SPC and/or 350 Legend through it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#50]
How does one put a sling on an original SCR with a Magpul handguard? The stock has a spot for a stud, but how does the other end attach to the handguard?
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 40 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top