BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Long time lurker with a question. I could’ve swore I read some place that this offset rds mount was used used by an individual on a mk12 setup. Is this true? And also my memory is really bad, and I forgot the name of the mount. Matt Burkett or something? If this is out of place and off topic, I can erase the post and post something that is mk12 related. Thanks in advance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:41:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Long time lurker with a question. I could’ve swore I read some place that this offset rds mount was used used by an individual on a mk12 setup. Is this true? And also my memory is really bad, and I forgot the name of the mount. Matt Burkett or something? If this is out of place and off topic, I can erase the post and post something that is mk12 related. Thanks in advance.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/096660BE-B770-453E-854B-5F57C0831E59_jpe-2461321.JPG
View Quote

Several pics with Docters on MK12's from mod 0, 1, and H.  I don't have a pic of Docter on a Burkett mount riding a MK12, but I seem to recall a pic of one on a Mod H.  Maybe someone else has a pic stashed away.  Jeff Gurwitch I believe ran an Insight RDS on a Burkett mount.  And as mentioned, lots of Docters were certainly used - I just don't have a pic of a Docter on a Burkett on a MK12 to share but maybe someone else does.  I could have sworn there's a pic of a Docter/Burkett combo on a mod H floating around.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 5:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Several pics with Docters on MK12's from mod 0, 1, and H.  I don't have a pic of Docter on a Burkett mount riding a MK12, but I seem to recall a pic of one on a Mod H.  Maybe someone else has a pic stashed away.  Jeff Gurwitch I believe ran an Insight RDS on a Burkett mount.  And as mentioned, lots of Docters were certainly used - I just don't have a pic of a Docter on a Burkett on a MK12 to share but maybe someone else does.  I could have sworn there's a pic of a Docter/Burkett combo on a mod H floating around.
View Quote
Thanks for the info.

Thank you!  That's what I was looking for. I remembered reading about it, but hadn't seen the pics.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 6:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]
If anyone is looking for a Docter red dot this one seems like a good deal.

https://www.tacswap.com/post/62d9d53dfd2aa2000bcf8257
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/096660BE-B770-453E-854B-5F57C0831E59_jpe-2461321.JPG
View Quote

There were a few around on 12’s.  I dabbled with one for a while before sticking with scope-mounted.  I still have the mount, but can’t find one of the wings.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dupemaster:

PRI gen 3 I got from midway.

Here.
View Quote

Somewhat different with the openings along the length, a new design maybe?
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:44:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Svensson] [#9]
Found something useful last week. Not a UMSS kit but I'm not complaining.

Anyone know where a man of discerning taste might find an original (late/USMC) case for a Mk12? Is that even possible now? I don't mind wear or damage to the foam. All I've seen for original cases are late mod 0. Thinking of starting another build and need somewhere to put it, not sure if Ringer is doing another run of foam.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have an unmounted PRI Flip Up GB they can measure the OAL for me? And if memory serves me correctly, isn't there a shim when using the GB sight?

I have 1.973" to work with. Douglas barrel from CLE, looks like it might be close. I can't get a good reading on one I have mounted.

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:
Anyone have an unmounted PRI Flip Up GB they can measure the OAL for me? And if memory serves me correctly, isn't there a shim when using the GB sight?

I have 1.973" to work with. Douglas barrel from CLE, looks like it might be close. I can't get a good reading on one I have mounted.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/924/0FsGdC.jpg
View Quote

Mine is on the gun, but best estimate with my caliper is 1.80” until someone can confirm. I do have the shim installed and it cycles fine.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#12]
Finally made some changes.  It hasn't been out in a long time.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Thats some real sweetness!  That FDNY clone is always a pleasure to see.

Messing around with my mod 1 copying Hunterex on the bipod setup

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20220723_145925_jpg-2463110.JPG
View Quote

@teamjawbox

How do like the stud bipod mount in comparison with the KAC bipod adapter mount?

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TW56:

@teamjawbox

How do like the stud bipod mount in comparison with the KAC bipod adapter mount?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20220723_145925_jpg-2463110.JPG

@teamjawbox

Haven't gotten to field it yet.  Just saw Hunterex had gone with that setup on his beautiful mod 1 and really liked the low profile and the aesthetic.  So far I dig it!  Other than the KAC stud nut being a PITA to file down so it would fit (all my tools are packed up so I used a very small file instead of a Dremel ).
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:36:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Blackbird90:

View All Quotes

Here.

I’m not exactly a mk12 aficionado, but I’ve never seen one like it. It mounts directly to the tube on the front end.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#17]

I’m not exactly a mk12 aficionado, but I’ve never seen one like it. It mounts directly to the tube on the front end.
View All Quotes

Here.

It's just PRIs top rail instead of the long tube top rail coupled with the PRI "copy" of the A.R.M.S. #38 SPR rail.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Ounces equal pounds and pounds equal pain.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Is Brownells the only place that currently makes M16A1 marked lower receivers? Even if I found an 80% already marked appropriately I would purchase. I saw Palmetto State had H&R receivers at one point? Any info on these? https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-retro-m16a1-lowers-receiver-gray.html

I just purchased an A2 stock kit, KAC BUIS set, Harris S-BR bipod in a mount. Not sure which mount is on it, I will figure that out when I receive it, but I know it isn't KAC.

So my list of needed items is down to the PRI Charging Handle, KAC Bipod Adapter, Lower Receiver, and a Luth AR ambi safety selector.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DeviantHero:
Is Brownells the only place that currently makes M16A1 marked lower receivers? Even if I found an 80% already marked appropriately I would purchase. I saw Palmetto State had H&R receivers at one point? Any info on these? https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-retro-m16a1-lowers-receiver-gray.html

I just purchased an A2 stock kit, KAC BUIS set, Harris S-BR bipod in a mount. Not sure which mount is on it, I will figure that out when I receive it, but I know it isn't KAC.

So my list of needed items is down to the PRI Charging Handle, KAC Bipod Adapter, Lower Receiver, and a Luth AR ambi safety selector.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Brownells had them made, but the company which made the forgings for them (NoDakSpud) was bought by the same parent company of PSA. The same company also bought the remains of Harrington & Richardson in the great Remington intellectual property auction. NoDakSpud moved to South Carolina and was renamed to Harrington & Richardson. The link you provided was the first batch of 87 receivers which sold out fast. More are coming Soon™.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

The stock kit fell in my lap for free basically, I think it'll be too long for me. I think an A1 stock will be the perfect length, but we will see. Generally speaking, is the A2 frowned upon for mk12s?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:

Brownells had them made, but the company which made the forgings for them (NoDakSpud) was bought by the same parent company of PSA. The same company also bought the remains of Harrington & Richardson in the great Remington intellectual property auction. NoDakSpud moved to South Carolina and was renamed to Harrington & Richardson. The link you provided was the first batch of 87 receivers which sold out fast. More are coming Soon™.
View All Quotes

Thank you for the information, I think this will be what I have to wait on to complete my mk12. I don't want to use just any lower on it
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 7:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#24]

The stock kit fell in my lap for free basically, I think it'll be too long for me. I think an A1 stock will be the perfect length, but we will see. Generally speaking, is the A2 frowned upon for mk12s?
View Quote

In the end it's all user preference.  I think the A2 makes the rifle look "off".

From page 1: Stock: Originally issued with A1 stocks, both solid D and trapdoor E types; as A1 stocks dwindled, A2 were used.

There's a few trapdoor A1's in the EE now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

@Markius-Fox

What were the “Palmetto” H&R A1 lowers priced at?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#26]

@Markius-Fox

What were the “Palmetto” H&R A1 lowers priced at?
View Quote

Mike's thread on here mentioned pricing at $160, I can't say that positively because they sold so quickly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#27]
They went for 160.00 plus tax if applicable, no shipping.  They sold out 87 in about 10 minutes, 13 blems will be listed for sale this week I think.   I bought one, but also have the NDS black A1 lower receiver.  Which would be more correct on any Mk12 build?  Finish is fine, I had just wiped with oil.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jurassic63:
They went for 160.00 plus tax if applicable, no shipping.  They sold out 87 in about 10 minutes, 13 blems will be listed for sale this week I think.   I bought one, but also have the NDS black A1 lower receiver.  Which would be more correct on any Mk12 build?  Finish is fine, I had just wiped with oil.  

https://i.imgur.com/zlAWpPT.jpg
View Quote

I went with one of the last lot of the BRN-16A1, a Brownells marked and sold NDS A1, when they became available a few months back. I like the look of it, but the gray H&R would be cooler or my A1 stock wearing Mod 0. I’m going to rattle can the rifle, so not all that worried, but the gray is sweet looking.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I went with one of the last lot of the BRN-16A1, a Brownells marked and sold NDS A1, when they became available a few months back. I like the look of it, but the gray H&R would be cooler or my A1 stock wearing Mod 0. I’m going to rattle can the rifle, so not all that worried, but the gray is sweet looking.
View Quote

I have a trapdoor a1, and the older version. Which would be more correct?  I got a White Oak SPR 18" BBL coming.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#30]

I have a trapdoor a1, and the older version. Which would be more correct?  I got a White Oak SPR 18" BBL coming.
View Quote

Either / or.   Plenty of Type Ds saw use.  If you get one of these H&R lowers at some point I'd lean toward the Type D. But stocks got replaced so anything goes.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#31]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Either / or.   Plenty of Type Ds saw use.  If you get one of these H&R lowers at some point I'd lean toward the Type D. But stocks got replaced so anything goes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

I went with a salty Type D/no trap door A1 stock along with used receiver extension, screw, and buffer/spring. Figured I wanted the well worn look on the stock before paint and if it’s already jacked up I won’t feel bad when I start putting chips, dings, and dents in the suppressor, upper, and lower.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#32]
That sounds like a plan.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I hope I don’t miss one of the blem lowers so that I can assemble this rifle.

I am going to continue looking for an A1 stock, I will go browse the EE.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#34]
How much wiggle room do you guys have in your fsgb? I swapped a full address onto a new set screw base and had to use the new style through axel (don't know the name) there's a bit of wiggle? Saving orginal base for when JT has time for custom work.

I'm talking wiggle in relation to when the site is popped up
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Marc at Arizona Machine Gun ordnance (AZMGo) has a few extra AEM5's in case anyone is looking. I was able to grab another one today. I kept missing the in stock notifications at the usual dealers.

azgunlord on IG or you can always just call him.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I went with a salty Type D/no trap door A1 stock along with used receiver extension, screw, and buffer/spring. Figured I wanted the well worn look on the stock before paint and if it’s already jacked up I won’t feel bad when I start putting chips, dings, and dents in the suppressor, upper, and lower.
View Quote

I have  a trap door also, but cannot find the aluminum door, has anyone seen them or have one they want to part with?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:29:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#37]
Speaking of the Docter red dots... Have a batch of these which will be available this Saturday at noon for anyone that's interested. A very dedicated cloner on instagram did a run of these Nightforce top cap red dot mounts which were seen at times on Mk12s. They're very true to the originals which are impossible to find nowadays. The first batch is pattered specifically for the Noblex/Docter red dot sights, but any other red dot using the same mounting pattern should fit just fine. The actual footprint/base is sized for a flush side fit for the Docter sights though, so other red dots may slightly over/under hang the edge. The platform itself is 25mm (.985") x 46mm (1.81") for reference and has a slightly radiused front/rear. Bolts up directly with Nightforce 30mm ultralight rings, can't comment on fitment with any other rings however so y'all are on your own for that if you decide to try and use it on something else. Either way, really cool piece of impossible to find kit. Listing will be live shortly on my site, but won't go on sale until Saturday at noon.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Can't wait to get a set of those one day Ringer

Speaking of Nightforce mounts, how are they compare to the ARMS rings for the Mod 1? Would it be worth switching to the Nightforce rings?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
Can't wait to get a set of those one day Ringer

Speaking of Nightforce mounts, how are they compare to the ARMS rings for the Mod 1? Would it be worth switching to the Nightforce rings?
View Quote

From a functionality standpoint, it's pretty straight forward that the Nightforce rings are better than the ARMS rings. The ARMS are well known to sometimes get loose at the dovetail joint between the lever base and the rings, not to mention tension problems that can exist with the levers themselves. That said, most of us are cloning for the history/originality so whatever is technically best isn't always that important, at least in my opinion.

The NF 2.5-10x24 on the other hand is worth every penny in my opinion. I didn't at first, but I've come around to it and I like it better than the Leupold personally.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

From a functionality standpoint, it's pretty straight forward that the Nightforce rings are better than the ARMS rings. The ARMS are well known to sometimes get loose at the dovetail joint between the lever base and the rings, not to mention tension problems that can exist with the levers themselves. That said, most of us are cloning for the history/originality so whatever is technically best isn't always that important, at least in my opinion.

The NF 2.5-10x24 on the other hand is worth every penny in my opinion. I didn't at first, but I've come around to it and I like it better than the Leupold personally.
View Quote

I would love to switch over to a Nightforce but it seems like the clone correct ones are unobtainable for the most part. Maybe I will get some NF rings to switch to for my Leupold till I can find a NF scope at a decent price point.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ringer706:
Speaking of the Docter red dots... Have a batch of these which will be available this Saturday at noon for anyone that's interested. A very dedicated cloner on instagram did a run of these Nightforce top cap red dot mounts which were seen at times on Mk12s. They're very true to the originals which are impossible to find nowadays. The first batch is pattered specifically for the Noblex/Docter red dot sights, but any other red dot using the same mounting pattern should fit just fine. The actual footprint/base is sized for a flush side fit for the Docter sights though, so other red dots may slightly over/under hang the edge. The platform itself is 25mm (.985") x 46mm (1.81") for reference and has a slightly radiused front/rear. Bolts up directly with Nightforce 30mm ultralight rings, can't comment on fitment with any other rings however so y'all are on your own for that if you decide to try and use it on something else. Either way, really cool piece of impossible to find kit. Listing will be live shortly on my site, but won't go on sale until Saturday at noon.

https://i.imgur.com/6hEzBPE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0nmno5i.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/APd0cos.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zNKssWO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/n9O3Fu8.jpg
View Quote

What is your site to purchase these?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:18:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#42]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

What is your site to purchase these?
View Quote

www.modernarmresources.com. They'll get listed this afternoon and will be available tomorrow at noon CST.

ETA: Item is listed, will not be in-stock/available to purchase until the release time.
https://modernarmresources.com/30mm-top-cap-red-dot-mount-nightforce-docter/

ETA II: To answer some questions about which other red dots should fit, below is a good reference page which has some models that share the same mounting pattern. Notably, the Burris FastFire and the Vortex Venom/Viper. The Insight MRDS should also fit as well. This is not a guarantee however, so the final responsibility about fitment for sights other than the Docter Sight II/II+/III is up to you. Please remember this is a specialty repro project that was self-funded by a fellow cloner. He did an incredible job making these, but he's also just a regular guy, not some big manufacturer, so we've gotta be reserved about claims for now.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/#Docter/Noblex_mounting_standard

ETA III: Finally, just to clarify, I did not personally design/produce these mounts, I'm just providing my website as a platform for him to get these out to y'all. He doesn't have a website or anything yet, so if you want to support him/follow him, his instagram account is @aggriv8.

ETA IV: It's an ETA kinda day I guess. Here's a few pics of the mount in use, just in case anyone is curious.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#43]

I have  a trap door also, but cannot find the aluminum door, has anyone seen them or have one they want to part with?
View Quote

@jurassic63

https://ar15sport.com/product/gi-take-off-aluminum-replacement-trap-door-butt-altd/
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Unfortunately out of stock, I've been checking their web page.  I may buy a complete stock.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone have an A.R.M.S. #17 WITH a lever stop they’d part with? Happy to get you into an no lever stop one if you want to correct something on your build as well. Have an EE ad setup for feedback if so. Email me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I know this has probably been said a bunch of times but this threat is long as hell so here I go . Does anyone know where I can get these anodized . I know in this political environment I’m just as likely to get them seized then returned back to me . Thank for all your help guys
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DStepec:
Does anyone have an A.R.M.S. #17 WITH a lever stop they’d part with? Happy to get you into an no lever stop one if you want to correct something on your build as well. Have an EE ad setup for feedback if so. Email me.

Thanks!
View Quote

Pm'd
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Sinfulsilence:
I know this has probably been said a bunch of times but this threat is long as hell so here I go . Does anyone know where I can get these anodized . I know in this political environment I’m just as likely to get them seized then returned back to me . Thank for all your help guys https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/458187/5DF501CC-ED90-49B1-A9EF-1EC4063F2CA1-2471806.jpg
View Quote

I had mine done by the place in Las Vegas, I will look up the name.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Vegas metal finishes ? Think it a newer name
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Got my Otter Creek out of ATF jail.  This is my first suppressor, so I cannot give a reviewed comparison.  

It is nice and quiet though, so no hearing protection needed.  Which means my neighbors don't have to flinch when I shoot anymore.  

I have noticed that when the rifle heats up my POI shifts up a tad.  Probably under an inch at 75 yards.  Hope to take it out to longer ranges next weekend.

Just need a KAC front sight, sling, and a proper 2.5-10X scope.  Can't afford the Leopold or the NF right now so a Vortex or Primary Arms will have to do.  My 5-15X Vortex Viper with Mil-Dots as doe very well.  Hell, was on my MOD0 I originally built 10 years ago and later sold on here.

Not an exact clone, but I'm setting it up for more of a function of fashion, but still being fashionable.

Upper:  Keyhole stripped upper

Compass Lake MK12 BBL from a Douglas blank, 1/8 twist with the Compass Lake chambering.
BCM gas block, but am looking to get a KAC to replace at somepoint.
Allens Engineering Brake and Collor (my MOD0 had an original OPs Inc.
KAC RIS with Titusville FL marking.  Don't care, graduated from Titusville High in '02.
PRI Gas buster CH
BCM Bolt carrier group w/Compass Lake Bolt.

Not pictured:
KAC Rear BUIS
KAC Sling keep.

Lower (cringe alert)
Aero Precision for the tension screw for better upper/lower lock up.
Geissele High Speed Match trigger (adjustable)
A2 handle
VLOT A5 buffer tube, buffer and spring.
B5 SOPMOD stock.

Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top