Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2006 6:46:59 PM EDT
First they were the same; then one of them was modified and lighter; Troys disappeared for a while, but they have returned.  What are the differences now?  On the EE Troys are quite a bit less, in some cases over $50.  Is the difference worth the price?

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Troy would get my money between the two.  Nothing to do with the product.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Samson, I was told it has a slightly better design than the Troy (not sure if there is any truth to that).  Maybe someone that has seen/used both can enlighten us.  Both companies make sweet products.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Go with Troy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put a Troy 12" carbine rail on mine and it is really nice.  No experience with the Samson.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had both and I like the Samson rails better. They have a captured detent pin and seem to go together easier. The last Troy rail I had I had to fight with it to get the lower rail portion on. It had to be situated just right in order to slide together. I wish people would stop bringing up the whole Troy/Samson debate or even eluding to comments about it. The way I see it is that unless you were one of the parties involved you really don't know what happened. Obviously things didn't pan out like some said as Samson is still making rails.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I live the my troy bro, it is rock solid no play at all
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Check out these links and what people have to say.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=273805

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=273139

Yeah I read those before I posted.  I don't see much talk about differences between products though.  The midlength Samson is 13.5 oz.  Nothing on Troy's website about weight, anyone know what theirs weighs?

The rough fit of Troy is noted.

Cheers
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top