Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 9:04:59 PM EDT
I've been thinking of getting a railed forend for my carbine. The Troy MRF-C seems to be what I want:  Free floating, continuous top rail for my flattop, ladder rails instead of teeth rails.  Any pros/cons to this model or experiences? How heavy is it? ( I have a 16" fluted HBAR). A good price/vendor would help too. Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:11:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have nothing bad to say about the Troy rail, but keep in mind it is the very expensive version of what you're looking for.

Midwest Industries offers a comparable unit, the MI #20 for much less.  Check out bravocompanyusa for the details.  No, this isn't an advertisement, just an opinion from an informed shopper.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:35:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
You may realize the same issues that I did with Troy and end up going with a Samson.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
This is where I got mine; mounts plus is a great company.  FYI, mine is a 9" though.

www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/swat_tactical_gear/SMC-C00-007
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You may realize the same issues that I did with Troy and end up going with a Samson.  

?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had both and I like the Samson rails better. They seem to install easier and they have a captured detent pin so no risk of losing it.
ETA: Samson's front flip sight is the cats behind also! Much better than the Troy (IMHO)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have it on my RRA car

it kicks ass man it is tight no play , build quality is second to none

you wont be disapointed
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies, although I am curious about the issues with Troy rails. Care to elaborate? The Troy MRF-C is $9 cheaper than the Samson from mountsplus, and the Troy comes with 3 Tangodown rail covers.  I'm not seeing why the Samson is better yet. The Troy and Samson appear to be the same.  The Midwest Industries version is not free floating, and I'm not too fond of the exposed hex heads.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top