Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:57:50 PM EDT
Are these designed to work with the F-marked FSB or the standard FSB?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:26:15 PM EDT
They were designed for the M4 so I beleive they were designed for the F marked sight base. I run one with an F FSB and it works fine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:52:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sapper326:
They were designed for the M4 so I beleive they were designed for the F marked sight base. I run one with an F FSB and it works fine.

M16A4 and M4.

Pic of the range markings as called out in the zero instructions.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:17:46 PM EDT
Where could one of these sights be purchased?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:24:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1jackal:

Check Ebay or keep your eyes on the E n'E.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:41:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By QUIB:

Originally Posted By 1jackal:

Check Ebay or keep your eyes on the E n'E.

There haven't been any civilian sales and the services are not surplusing them, so any you see just happened to *accidentally* disappear off PVT Snuffy's M4 when he returned from Iraq. I'm not going to rag on people for buying them when they see them already out there, but I really wish soldiers would stop stealing them.

When I got to Iraq there were supposed to be a bunch left behind by the previous unit, but the individuals and their supply people dropped the ball, so I had to provide my own BUIS for a time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:47:32 PM EDT
TAG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:03:42 PM EDT
Phoebus, I'm sure that you saw BUIS for sale in the E & E. If you look in the backround you will notice the NSN on the blue wrapper. You are correct that these where never offered to the civilian sector. I would not purchase one, I don't want a vist from CID.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:38:50 PM EDT
I went out and bought a KAC 300M before the unit got Matechs. I don't like the Matech. it's a lot higher profile, unnecessarily complex (a bitch to get the dust out of for example), and the little spring-loaded apreture arm refuses to stay down after a while and then becomes real easy to damage, like I've seen them snap off at the base. The one time I was issued a rifle with a Matech I swapped my KAC for it and gave the Matech back to the armorer.
Top Top