Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:57:50 PM EDT
Are these designed to work with the F-marked FSB or the standard FSB?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They were designed for the M4 so I beleive they were designed for the F marked sight base. I run one with an F FSB and it works fine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They were designed for the M4 so I beleive they were designed for the F marked sight base. I run one with an F FSB and it works fine.

M16A4 and M4.

Pic of the range markings as called out in the zero instructions.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Where could one of these sights be purchased?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Check Ebay or keep your eyes on the E n'E.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check Ebay or keep your eyes on the E n'E.

There haven't been any civilian sales and the services are not surplusing them, so any you see just happened to *accidentally* disappear off PVT Snuffy's M4 when he returned from Iraq.  I'm not going to rag on people for buying them when they see them already out there, but I really wish soldiers would stop stealing them.

When I got to Iraq there were supposed to be a bunch left behind by the previous unit, but the individuals and their supply people dropped the ball, so I had to provide my own BUIS for a time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
TAG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Phoebus, I'm sure that you saw BUIS for sale in the E & E.  If you look in the backround you will notice the NSN on the blue wrapper.  You are correct that these where never offered to the civilian sector.  I would not purchase one, I don't want a vist from CID.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I went out and bought a KAC 300M before the unit got Matechs. I don't like the Matech.  it's a lot higher profile, unnecessarily complex (a bitch to get the dust out of for example), and the little spring-loaded apreture arm refuses to stay down after a while and then becomes real easy to damage, like I've seen them snap off at the base.  The one time I was issued a rifle with a Matech I swapped my KAC for it and gave the Matech back to the armorer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top