Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/22/2003 4:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 4:03:31 PM EDT by mattld]
Here is a pic of a SPR in the government-funded (a.k.a. free) PC game America's Army. I wish I had a real SPR, but until I get out of college, playing with this one in-game will have to do.

I know this isn't exactly AR-related but I just wanted to point out how accurately it resembles the real thing. It seems like every year games get more and more real. I dunno what type it is, but glancing at MSTN's page, I would say it resembles a Mk12 Mod0 SPR.

(Also posted is a pic of a real SPR and some M4's in the game.)

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:16:27 PM EDT
The real deal doing the real deed: [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/p72fb9789ffe68fcc008a8a485feb2c2c/faeabf99.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:30:48 PM EDT
LUMPY I never heard of thes people before. Where do I get one of these things. It is Def. a MK12 Mod O. just like the one in the lower photo of a real one. PRI front sight and tube. ARMS SPR rail and #40 rear sight and what I can't understand is why they have an ARMS #22M68 throw lever ring holding a fake Leupold scope, plus the FaKE OPS supressor. All of it is fake but good for show and tell at a boy scout meeting. Jack
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:44:15 PM EDT
The single scope ring....priceless.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:49:41 PM EDT
Yeah I agree that some aspects of it are cheesy, but, for a video game, it is pretty accurately detailed. Maybe Wes can comment on its believeability since I think he knows SPRs better than anyone.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:58:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 3rdtk: LUMPY I never heard of thes people before. Where do I get one of these things. It is Def. a MK12 Mod O. just like the one in the lower photo of a real one. PRI front sight and tube. ARMS SPR rail and #40 rear sight and what I can't understand is why they have an ARMS #22M68 throw lever ring holding a fake Leupold scope, plus the FaKE OPS supressor. All of it is fake but good for show and tell at a boy scout meeting. Jack
View Quote
[b]JACK, PAY ATTENTION AND READ A LITTLE CLOSER. TAKE NOTE I DID NOT POST THE COMPUTER GENERATED V-I-D-E-O G-A-M-E IMAGES. MATTLD DID. GO FIGURE IT LOOKS FAKE...IT IS[/b]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:17:47 PM EDT
LoL. I figured people would like to look at the pics, not get concerned with how fake the pics of a piece of software looks. Personally, like I said before, I am impressed with the reality of the models. It is a fun game, and if anyone is into PC games, America's Army is worth trying.
Top Top