Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 4:02:40 PM EDT
Here is a pic of a SPR in the government-funded (a.k.a. free) PC game America's Army.  I wish I had a real SPR, but until I get out of college, playing with this one in-game will have to do.

I know this isn't exactly AR-related but I just wanted to point out how accurately it resembles the real thing.  It seems like every year games get more and more real.  I dunno what type it is, but glancing at MSTN's page, I would say it resembles a Mk12 Mod0 SPR.

(Also posted is a pic of a real SPR and some M4's in the game.)

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The real deal doing the real deed:

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/p72fb9789ffe68fcc008a8a485feb2c2c/faeabf99.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
LUMPY
I never heard of thes people before. Where do I get one of these things. It is Def. a MK12 Mod O. just like the one in the lower photo of a real one. PRI front sight and tube. ARMS SPR rail and #40 rear sight and what I can't understand is why they have an ARMS #22M68 throw lever ring holding a fake Leupold scope, plus the FaKE OPS supressor. All of it is fake but good for show and tell at a boy scout meeting.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The single scope ring....priceless.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I agree that some aspects of it are cheesy, but, for a video game, it is pretty accurately detailed.  Maybe Wes can comment on its believeability since I think he knows SPRs better than anyone.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LUMPY
I never heard of thes people before. Where do I get one of these things. It is Def. a MK12 Mod O. just like the one in the lower photo of a real one. PRI front sight and tube. ARMS SPR rail and #40 rear sight and what I can't understand is why they have an ARMS #22M68 throw lever ring holding a fake Leupold scope, plus the FaKE OPS supressor. All of it is fake but good for show and tell at a boy scout meeting.
Jack
View Quote

[b]JACK,

PAY ATTENTION AND READ A LITTLE CLOSER.  TAKE NOTE I DID NOT POST THE COMPUTER GENERATED V-I-D-E-O G-A-M-E IMAGES.  MATTLD DID.  GO FIGURE IT LOOKS FAKE...IT IS[/b]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
LoL.  I figured people would like to look at the pics, not get concerned with how fake the pics of a piece of software looks.  Personally, like I said before, I am impressed with the reality of the models.  It is a fun game, and if anyone is into PC games, America's Army is worth trying.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top