Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/14/2003 5:53:02 PM EDT
What is the general opinion of these stocks? are they more durable?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:07:24 PM EDT
I like mine. Polymer telestocks are a bit lighter. Poly stocks rattle a bit less. Poly stocks aren't as cold in the cold weather. Alluminum stocks are nice to smash someones teeth in with [:D]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:36:33 PM EDT
I only have aluminum, I don't have any plastics. The main problem I have with the aluminum is that it will rip the hair right out of your face. I don't know if plastic has the same problem, but it sucks. It's also noisy. Other than that, I like them. I'll be getting a plastic one soon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:21:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/14/2003 8:21:50 PM EDT by billclo]
I've used both the aluminum and plastic ones. I liked the lighter weight (saved 8 oz) of the plastic one, plus it's much more comfortable to use in cold weather. Having your face stuck up against a below freezing aluminum stock isn't fun. I did try some bicycle innertube tied onto the aluminum stock, and it helped, but it was kinda funky looking, and it didn't stay in place too well. I haven't tried it, but I doubt that smashing someone in the face with an aluminum stock is such a great idea. You are likely to have a busted up stock, or break the pin that keeps the stock from changing position. Whoops.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:24:40 PM EDT
I've read somewhere (maybe here) that when the two are shot or subjected to the same force, the aluminum will shatter while the plastic will crack or leave a nice hole.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:14:49 PM EDT
I haven't tried it, but I doubt that smashing someone in the face with an aluminum stock is such a great idea. You are likely to have a busted up stock, or break the pin that keeps the stock from changing position. Whoops.
View Quote
Actually, nothing broke surprisingly. Looking back Its a good thing it wasn't plastic.
Top Top