Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2003 5:53:02 PM EDT
What is the general opinion of these stocks? are they more durable?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine.

Polymer telestocks are a bit lighter.

Poly stocks rattle a bit less.

Poly stocks aren't as cold in the cold weather.

Alluminum stocks are nice to smash someones teeth in with [:D]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I only have aluminum, I don't have any plastics.

The main problem I have with the aluminum is that it will rip the hair right out of your face. I don't know if plastic has the same problem, but it sucks.

It's also noisy.

Other than that, I like them. I'll be getting a plastic one soon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used both the aluminum and plastic ones. I liked the lighter weight (saved 8 oz) of the plastic one, plus it's much more comfortable to use in cold weather. Having your face stuck up against a below freezing aluminum stock isn't fun.

I did try some bicycle innertube tied onto the aluminum stock, and it helped, but it was kinda funky looking, and it didn't stay in place too well.

I haven't tried it, but I doubt that smashing someone in the face with an aluminum stock is such a great idea. You are likely to have a busted up stock, or break the pin that keeps the stock from changing position. Whoops.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've read somewhere (maybe here) that when the two are shot or subjected to the same force, the aluminum will shatter while the plastic will crack or leave a nice hole.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]

I haven't tried it, but I doubt that smashing someone in the face with an aluminum stock is such a great idea. You are likely to have a busted up stock, or break the pin that keeps the stock from changing position. Whoops.
View Quote

Actually, nothing broke surprisingly. Looking back Its a good thing it wasn't plastic.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top