Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/7/2003 11:18:43 AM EDT
Would'nt be possible to apply to make a short barreled rifle and register it as an NFa weapon and then only be restricted be the nfa guidlines.
Ex: Taking the muzzle break off an post ban M4 Making the barrel 14.5 inches and then owning a registered SBR being able to put all the evil features on the gun?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:28:28 AM EDT
As far as i know, the answer is a big NO. a post-ban can be registered as a SBR, but still must not have pre-ban features. A fixed stock on an SBR just doesn't look right. Anyhow, if you managed to get a hold of a registered DIAS or LL then i believe you could do whatever, but i'm no lawyer or anything even close for that matter. I'm sure someone on here could clarify much better, but i thought i would add my .02.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:28:45 AM EDT
no
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:48:43 AM EDT
SBR's must comply with the AWB requirements. Full auto weapons are exempt. Write the BATFE if you want the official answer. It will be a longer version of this, but still the same.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:49:57 PM EDT
As the others have stated already the answer is no you couldn't add any evil features to a post-ban rifle even one registered as an SBR. The reason is that an SBR is still a semi-auto rifle which is covered by the AWB.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:56:16 PM EDT
Everyone here is right. If you want all of the evil features then you will have to SBR a pre-ban host gun. I did it about five years ago with a Bushy AR Mario_FAMOInc
Top Top