Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 11:18:43 AM EDT
Would'nt be possible to apply to make a short barreled rifle and register it as an NFa weapon and then only be restricted be the nfa guidlines.
Ex: Taking the muzzle break off an post ban M4 Making the barrel 14.5 inches and then owning a registered SBR being able to put all the evil features on the gun?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as i know, the answer is a big NO. a post-ban can be registered as a SBR, but still must not have pre-ban features. A fixed stock on an SBR just doesn't look right.

Anyhow, if you managed to get a hold of a registered DIAS or LL then i believe you could do whatever, but i'm no lawyer or anything even close for that matter.

I'm sure someone on here could clarify much better, but i thought i would add my .02.

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#2]
no
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#3]
SBR's must comply with the AWB requirements. Full auto weapons are exempt.

Write the BATFE if you want the official answer. It will be a longer version of this, but still the same.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
As the others have stated already the answer is no you couldn't add any evil features to a post-ban rifle even one registered as an SBR. The  reason is that an SBR is still a semi-auto rifle which is covered by the AWB.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyone here is right.  
If you want all of the evil features then you will have to SBR a pre-ban host gun.  
I did it about five years ago with a Bushy AR
Mario_FAMOInc
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top