Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2003 8:09:48 AM EDT
This topic was originally titled:
A Star is Born: Muhammad's AR Coming to a TV Near You Soon

...but now I'm not so sure that this was the gun used.

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Do ya think it would've killed them to at least lock the bolt back on that thing - at least try and show a modicum of firearm safety?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang! I had heard he was using a scope and was curious to know what it was... Its an EoTech!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]
We can clearly see here though, that the AWB is working, as he was forced to use a 10 round mag. Imagine the carnage had he had a 30 rounder. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
So that is the actual AR used?  Has a Yankee Hill three rail gas block on it also.

But I still swear that I saw a clip, when they were captured, of an AR being removed from the car they were in, that had a thumbhole stock on it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait till the Wolfmann from CNN gets ahold if this story...
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder how many threads will get started by people wanting to dress up their next AR like this one...

"Where can I get a gas block like that?" "What length barrel for my DC Sniper clone upper?" etc.

*sigh*
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
No fewer than say the number of people wanting to build a "Kennedy" gun out of an old Carcano.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No fewer than say the number of people wanting to build a "Kennedy" gun out of an old Carcano.
View Quote

I want to build a car to drive over the bridges near my house...ohhh, wrong Kennedy. Never mind.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank god that thing didn't have an evil flash hider!  Otherwise we would've never caught them in the middle of firing it.. oh wait, we didn't.  Well atleast it only had a 10 round mag so they couldn't shoot more than 10 people at a time.. oh wait, they shot 1 at a time.  Well, atleast it didn't have a bayonett lug because I am SURE they would've used it instead of the rifle @ 100+ yards away, right?

Wonder why they didn't use a bolt action rifle?  Because they're sympathetic with the terrorists.  Killing us, yeah they like that.  Getting us to ban our own weapons ownership?  They love that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone else seen that piece of shit the USA Network has crapped out recently? 23 Days Of Fear?

Looks nothing like it does it?

Fucking bastards, I hope they both (beltway snipers)burn either in hell or on the chair. Both would be ideal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Better get ready, EOtech and Yankee Hill will be next in the round of lawsuits. I heard one of them just fired their lawyers and is representing himself.
Morons.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Excuse me if it has already been discussed, but I recall news accounts stating that there was something improper with the records of the dealer that sold this gun, that maybe it was stolen or otherwise un-accounted for. Does anyone know what happened with the dealer?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#14]
More bad press for honest gun owners and more ammo for the liberal democrat gun grabers .when they take away all our guns and the killing and robbing is done with a knife how will we eat a steak ?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Imagine the carnage had he had an [i]Aimpoint[/i]
View Quote

Sorry, couldnt resist [;)]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#16]
So now we know what kind of scope he used.

I still want to know what kind of ammo it was.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

WHY?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Troy,

the rifle used in the movie had a flat top upper, the scope was on the A2 mount attached to the detachable carry handle, and it had an STD FSB.

Their are some pics of the rifle over at www.AWbansunset.com.  

556Cliff
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Tee hee, sorry to Hijack, but I was looking at a link from AWbansunset.com and found this

http://www.banassaultweapons.org/the_problems_and_the_players/

Look at the AK at the bottom.

Is it just me, or does the "preban" look like an Armie Jager [sp?] .22?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Nah thats a [b]pos[/b]! ARMSCOR ak clone

The Armi-Jaeger are much much better quality

The armscor is just a pot metal shell over a tubular receiver.

Ther Armi-Jaeger is basically just a ak with a different mag well and bolt and barrel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Has anyone else seen that piece of shit the USA Network has crapped out recently? 23 Days Of Fear?

Fucking bastards, I hope they both (beltway snipers)burn either in hell or on the chair. Both would be ideal.
View Quote

That movie was garbage.I turned it off after an hour.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Just what law abiding gun owners need a bunch of folks who don't know the first thing about firearms or firarms safety flashing around an AR for the press who know even less about firearms.  I wonder how many people that lawyer swept with the muzzle when he ws parading around teh courtroom.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine the carnage had he had an [i]Aimpoint[/i]
View Quote

Sorry, couldnt resist [;)]
View Quote

Or worse still a Trijicon ACOG....
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I wonder if they even emptied the mag first? DA running around in court with a loaded AR. Too bad it didn't have a pink stock. That would have looked great in court and on TV. Is this the rifle you used to kill all those people? Ya that's it the evil looking pink one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That movie was garbage.I turned it off after an hour.
View Quote

You guys must not have watched the same movie I did.  Like Troy said it wasn't even that bad.  I think they mentioned the name Bushmaster only twice and there wasn't any one part of the movie that got hung up on how evil the gun they used was.  The rifle might not have been an accurate copy of what they used but they didn't portray it in any bad way.  They used a Bushmaster and that's what the movie said.  I thought it was going to be pure garbage too but all it was really about is how these two faggots struck fear into our communities and the police couldn't really do anything about it. It also helped the anti's obtain more ammunition to destroy our rights but what else is new.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wonder if they even emptied the mag first? DA running around in court with a loaded AR. Too bad it didn't have a pink stock. That would have looked great in court and on TV. Is this the rifle you used to kill all those people? Ya that's it the evil looking pink one.
View Quote

[ROFL2] Pink Stock!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#27]
That doesn't look like a Bushmaster. Maybe it is a Gunshow special with a Bushy lower. The barrel looks like a DPMS to me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Maybe Bushmaster will do a [b]DC Sniper Configuration Group Purchase[/b].  Who's in!?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:38:40 AM EDT
[#29]
[url]http://www.newsandobserver.com/collections/print/front_pdf/1-A-Tue-October-21-03.pdf[/url]

The following is from the News and Observer...

Willet is an assistant commonwealth attorney...

[i]"To dramatize the importance of the weapon, Willett began his presentation by pulling a similar rifle, a civilian version of the military's M-16, from a bag, assembling it before the jury. For several minutes, the court-room was silent except for the clicking sound of parts snapping together"[/i]

So where's the real rifle?? Was that the actual one in the first pic of this thread? Nothing but text in this newspaper.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Seems I saww something last night in the news about the lawyer "showing a rifle like the one used in the shooting".

So, if this is not the actual rifle, who's is it? The lawyers own AR? Or did the state buy one and dress it up for the lawyer?

I still say I saw a thumbhole stock on a rifle pulled out of that blue car.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#31]
In an AP story this morning, they printed a photograph from the court room, of Muhhammad handling a "rifle sight telescope".  It appears to be a variable scope with target knobs.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:07:04 AM EDT
[#32]
he used a Bushmaster XM15-E2S A3 according to these websites and countless others:

[url]http://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/article/0,13005,901021111-386925,00.html[/url]
[url]http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=2712[/url]
[url]http://www.columbiapoliticalreview.com/archives/12-02/article005.shtml[/url]
[url]http://www.hk94.com/weblog/index.php?cat=1[/url]
[url]http://tzaddik.us/lilpoh/archives/000638.html[/url]
[url]http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2003/jan/02/world/20030102wor2.html[/url]

also, that he used a 55gr cartridge, for whoever that dude was who wanted to know exactly what kind of ammo....why...

[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/pcwa3s20.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa3s20.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder if they even emptied the mag first? DA running around in court with a loaded AR.
View Quote

Having some personal experience seeing DA's with firearms in court I can say that:

1. The DA's I saw didn't know anything about firearms except what the 'firearm's expert witness' told them.

2. They are smart enough to have the bailiff check the weapon to make sure it's clear before parade-ing the thing around the courtroom.  Which they liked to do for maximum dramatic effect.

I was somewhat amused that the 'firearm's expert' who testified on the stand didn't know why triggers have some distance of travel before dropping the hammer!!!  The guy was all book knowledge.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

[rumor]I heard that they used Wolf ammo and could only get off one shot at a time because their Bushmaster kept jamming.[/rumor]

[peep]

CHRIS

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Is there some kind of problem with wanting to know what kind of ammo he used?  When the shootings were going on, there was quite a bit of speculation around here about that.  

Funny, whenever someone comes back from Iraq or Afghanistan, someone always asks how their weapons performed.  Same thing - despite how this assclown used his rifle, he got good performance out of the ammo, so I want to know what he used.  Big effin' deal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.newsandobserver.com/collections/print/front_pdf/1-A-Tue-October-21-03.pdf[/url]

[i]"To dramatize the importance of the weapon, Willett began his presentation by pulling a similar rifle, a civilian version of the military's M-16, from a bag, assembling it before the jury. For several minutes, the court-room was silent except for the clicking sound of parts snapping together"[/i]

So where's the real rifle?? Was that the actual one in the first pic of this thread? Nothing but text in this newspaper.
View Quote

That can't be a Bushmaster in the picture, it's not purple!  [:D]

Dirk
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Maybe Bushmaster will do a [b]DC Sniper Configuration Group Purchase[/b].  Who's in!?
View Quote

I love black humor.  [image]http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/kill.gif[/image]

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is there some kind of problem with wanting to know what kind of ammo he used?  When the shootings were going on, there was quite a bit of speculation around here about that.  

Funny, whenever someone comes back from Iraq or Afghanistan, someone always asks how their weapons performed.  Same thing - despite how this assclown used his rifle, he got good performance out of the ammo, so I want to know what he used.  Big effin' deal.
View Quote

If it turned out to be Wolf would you go out and buy a bunch of it for self defence?  [:\]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I love black humor.  [image]http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/kill.gif[/image]

View Quote

Black humor or dark humor? [>:/]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

If it turned out to be Wolf would you go out and buy a bunch of it for self defence?  [:\]
View Quote

[rolleyes]

Get all hot and bothered about the optics and the configuration of the rifel, but God forbid you're interested in the ammo.  Whatever.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In an AP story this morning, they printed a photograph from the court room, of Muhhammad handling a "rifle sight telescope".  It appears to be a variable scope with target knobs.
View Quote

This one?

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20031021/i/r296451037.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Conflicting news reports (nahhh, can't be possible).

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/ts/063003sniper&a=&tmpl=sl&ns=&l=&e=13&a=0&t=&prev=12[/url]

"Prince William County Prosecutor James Willett displays the weapon used in the sniper shootings during opening arguments of the trial of sniper suspect John Allen Muhammad at the Virginia Beach Circuit Court."

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#43]
[b]OMG!!! [shock] It's a SEMIAUTOMATIC MACHINEGUN!!![/b]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#44]
[b]Everybody run!!![/b] DA on the loose, DA on the loose, DA on the loose!! [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I used to be a prosecutor, and I can say with a pretty high degree of confidence that I was the only one of about 40 attorneys in my office that even had a clue about which end of the gun the bullets come out of.  At least this guy knew how to put one together.  

Most of the attorneys I worked with didn't even like touching the guns we used as evidence.  I loved it; I used to go hang out in the evidence room at the local PD just to fondle all the guns.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Same thing - despite how this assclown used his rifle, he got good performance out of the ammo, so I want to know what he used.
View Quote

I want to know as well. Granted, a head shot with anything will kill, I want to know for other reasons. How was the forensics capable of determinig all were fired from the same weapon? I've shot hogs in the head with a .30 cal Ballistic tip and there wasn't enough metal to be seen, much less find tool marks. If they used FMJ there would be a good bullet to sample. If soft pointed, less. If a ballistic tip, maybe nothing after striking the skull.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#47]

[rumor]I heard that they used Wolf ammo and could only get off one shot at a time because their Bushmaster kept jamming.[/rumor]

[peep]

CHRIS

[/quote] Thats some funny stuff!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#48]
OH MY GAWD!  In LoginName's post, above his picture is the EVIL BLUE  Magellan GPS MAP 330!!!

I have one of those! And I have a ghillie suit too! And a gun!  I think I'll go hide under my bed.....

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#49]
The attorney put the rifle together in front of the court? Lol. What theatrics. I'm sure it played well on the fears that many people have about these weapons. I'm sure that anyone witnessing this hearing that was undecided on their opinion about Assault weapons has now decided forever against them based on the feeling they had watching that act.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#50]
  Now I seriously doubt that the rifle the DA is holding is the real sniper rifle.

As dangerous as the real one is, I would think they would have to lace it up in a straight jacket, strap it to a dolly and lock a muzzle across it's......muzzle?

After all, AR15's are dangerous and unpredictable and this one has a history.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top