Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/26/2003 5:55:48 PM EDT
Early in the spring I bought a Bushmaster V-Match used from an individual. It looks like new, not a blemish on it. I bought a B-Square hi rise mount and put a 6-14 power Nikon Buckmaster scope on it.
First day out to the range, it was amazing! Shooting my 52 grain Sierra hpbt Match bullets in 1/4" groups. I was thrilled...Same thing happened next time out to the range...Then things went SOUTH!
I am now getting about 1 inch groups with my reloads and up to 2" with Fed. Eagle 55 fmj factories. I have tried several other factory loads and still over an inch @100yds.
I cleaned barrel thoroughly and no improvement. Tried changing to another scope, but results the same...
Any suggestions?
These same reloads yield 1/4" 100yd groups in my Savage Tactical.

Thanks
Swan hunter
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:19:41 PM EDT
Does it have a Flash suppresor or muzzle break? If they loosen, accuracy will be affected. Other items to consider: Scope mounts. Something causing improper lock up of bolt Loose gas tube/block. Heck I could guess all day and never get it right without seeing the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/26/2003 9:24:12 PM EDT by FrankSquid]
Try increasing your OAL a few thousands at a time. This helped on my RRA. First time to the range I got .5 MOA groups and it steadly increased no matter what I did with the powder charge. I think it maybe because as the throat wears you need to increase the OAL. Good luck! EDITED to add; I agree with gunslinger, loose or crappy scopes and/or mounts are probably the #1 cause of poor groups!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:23:38 AM EDT
I don't know if this will help any, but I'd get a hold of tech support at Bushmaster. I've got a 16" VMatch and the thing is a tack driver (for that genre of rifle). BM's Tech Support guys have (with other issues) treated me like royalty, for what that's worth. I'll bet they'd work with you because I get the distinct impression that they are very sensitive about making their custome's satisfied with their "babies." Just a thought?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:37:23 AM EDT
hey fed-up just wondering what ammo your v- match shoots best.best i can do is 1" at 100 with wal mart 45 gr. win. varmint ammo..thanks..
Top Top