Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 5:55:48 PM EDT
Early in the spring I bought a Bushmaster V-Match used from an individual.  It looks like new, not a blemish on it.  I bought a B-Square hi rise mount and put a 6-14 power Nikon Buckmaster scope on it.  
First day out to the range, it was amazing!  Shooting my 52 grain Sierra hpbt Match bullets in 1/4" groups.  I was thrilled...Same thing happened next time out to the range...Then things went SOUTH!
I am now getting about 1 inch groups with my reloads and up to 2" with Fed. Eagle 55 fmj factories.  I have tried several other factory loads and still over an inch @100yds.  
I cleaned barrel thoroughly and no improvement.  Tried changing to another scope, but results the same...
Any suggestions?
These same reloads yield 1/4" 100yd groups in my Savage Tactical.

Thanks
Swan hunter
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have a Flash suppresor or muzzle break?
If they loosen, accuracy will be affected.
Other items to consider:
Scope mounts.
Something causing improper lock up of bolt
Loose gas tube/block.
Heck I could guess all day and never get it right without seeing the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Try increasing your OAL a few thousands at a time. This helped on my RRA. First time to the range I got .5 MOA groups and it steadly increased no matter what I did with the powder charge. I think it maybe because as the throat wears you need to increase the OAL. Good luck!

EDITED to add;

I agree with gunslinger, loose or crappy scopes and/or mounts are probably the #1 cause of poor groups!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if this will help any, but I'd get a hold of tech support at Bushmaster.  I've got a 16" VMatch and the thing is a tack driver (for that genre of rifle).

BM's Tech Support guys have (with other issues) treated me like royalty, for what that's worth.  I'll bet they'd work with you because I get the distinct impression that they are very sensitive about making their custome's satisfied with their "babies."

Just a thought?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
hey fed-up just wondering what ammo your v- match shoots best.best i can do is 1" at 100 with wal mart 45 gr. win. varmint ammo..thanks..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top