Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/18/2003 4:20:38 PM EDT
Is it possible to install a match trigger on a Colt blocked lower(large fire control pins) without removing the sear block. The rifle in question is a Sporter Match Hbar 1994 MFG. The block is the toughest variant I know of. The steel pins are approximately 1/4 inch diameter and are visible from both sides of the lower.

Thanks for reading.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:49:12 PM EDT
All the sear blocked Colt lowers I have seen the pin only goes through one side to make it more difficult to remove. If it's a preban I suggest selling it to someone who won't care and only cares about the Colt name. Then buy yourself an Older Colt if you must have the name or a nice preban Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:52:31 PM EDT
Yes I have put an Armalite/RRA match trigger in a friends blocked colt. I had to do alittle grinding not much on the block to get the tail of the trigger to clear and drop in. I don't think a jewel will fit though at all.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:47:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tangeant: Yes I have put an Armalite/RRA match trigger in a friends blocked colt. I had to do alittle grinding not much on the block to get the tail of the trigger to clear and drop in. I don't think a jewel will fit though at all.
View Quote
A Jewel will fit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:01:27 AM EDT
JP single stage trigger fits just fine in the sear blocked Colt, at least on mine (1993 Government Target). A little hard to get it there because of the block, but I didn't have to grind anything off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:42:09 AM EDT
The Large pin JP single stage trigger kit is designed to drop in the large pin Colt lowers. you won't have to grind anything.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:24:09 AM EDT
Colt's accurized trigger is also a direct drop-in, and is much better than a standard trigger. SAWlesales has them in stock.
Top Top