Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2003 4:20:38 PM EDT
Is it possible to install a match trigger on a Colt blocked lower(large fire control pins) without removing the sear block. The rifle in question is a Sporter Match Hbar 1994 MFG. The block is the toughest variant I know of. The steel pins are approximately 1/4 inch diameter and are visible from both sides of the lower.

Thanks for reading.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
All the sear blocked Colt lowers I have seen the pin only goes through one side to make it more difficult to remove.

If it's a preban I suggest selling it to someone who won't care and only cares about the Colt name.

Then buy yourself an Older Colt if you must have the name or a nice preban Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes

I have put an Armalite/RRA match trigger in a friends blocked colt. I had to do alittle grinding not much on the block to get the tail of the trigger to clear and drop in.
I don't think a jewel will fit though at all.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes

I have put an Armalite/RRA match trigger in a friends blocked colt. I had to do alittle grinding not much on the block to get the tail of the trigger to clear and drop in.
I don't think a jewel will fit though at all.
View Quote

A Jewel will fit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:01:27 AM EDT
[#4]
JP single stage trigger fits just fine in the sear blocked Colt, at least on mine (1993 Government Target).  A little hard to get it there because of the block, but I didn't have to grind anything off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The Large pin JP single stage trigger kit is designed to drop in the large pin Colt lowers.  you won't have to grind anything.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Colt's accurized trigger is also a direct drop-in, and is much better than a standard trigger. SAWlesales has them in stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top