Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 6:23:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 5:06:08 AM EDT by Halfcocked]
I am ordering a Carbon Fiber hand guard from Hiperform for my midlength barrel I just got from ArmaLite. How much longer than carbine length is the gas port/gas block out towards the end?

How much shorter from full length?

How long are standard carbine handguards?

How long are the mid length handguards?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:44:20 AM EDT
Don't know the specifics, but the front sight is roughly 2.5" forward of a standard carbine. If no one has responded by this afternoon, I'll measure mine and give you eaxct numbers...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:06:31 AM EDT
Thanks Steve. Hiperform will make it any length I want. I thought it was 2" longer than carbine length. Then I read a post that said it was 2 1/2" longer. They need to know from me how long I need it and I don't know.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:48:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:57:30 PM EDT
I sent Rod at HiperForm pictures and measurements of a stock RRA mid-length for a project a couple of weeks ago... Ask him, I am sure he still has them?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:59:45 AM EDT
Thanks fellas. Gunz: That is where I'm getting my hand guard from and Rod is the guy I'm talking to. He asked me what type of lower I was using but that shouldn't matter. It is an Aramlite "mid length" (16") barrel going on a RRA flat top receiver. The demension he asked me for was the distance from the front of the receiver to the back of the site base. As I don't have the receiver yet, I measured from the edge of the flange on the barrel extension that abuts the front of the receiver, to the back of the site base and I get 8 7/8". Is that 2" longer than regular carbine hand guards or his carbon fiber hand guard for carbines?
Top Top