Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2003 6:23:08 AM EDT
I am ordering a Carbon Fiber hand guard from Hiperform for my midlength barrel I just got from ArmaLite.  How much longer than carbine length is the gas port/gas block out towards the end?

How much shorter from full length?

How long are standard carbine handguards?

How long are the mid length handguards?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know the specifics, but the front sight is roughly 2.5" forward of a standard carbine.

If no one has responded by this afternoon, I'll measure mine and give you eaxct numbers...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Steve.

Hiperform will make it any length I want.  I thought it was 2" longer than carbine length.  Then I read a post that said it was 2 1/2" longer.  They need to know from me how long I need it and I don't know.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent Rod at HiperForm pictures and measurements of a stock RRA mid-length for a project a couple of weeks ago... Ask him, I am sure he still has them?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fellas.

Gunz:

That is where I'm getting my hand guard from and Rod is the guy I'm talking to.  He asked me what type of lower I was using but that shouldn't matter.  It is an Aramlite "mid length" (16") barrel going on a RRA flat top receiver.  The demension he asked me for was the distance from the front of the receiver to the back of the site base.  As I don't have the receiver yet, I measured from the edge of the flange on the barrel extension that abuts the front of the receiver, to the back of the site base and I get 8 7/8".

Is that 2" longer than regular carbine hand guards or his carbon fiber hand guard for carbines?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top