Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/18/2003 4:21:12 AM EDT
I have a Bushy Dissipator (16") with an Evans break. I would like to add a sight but am still new enough to need some help.

I looked at a Trijicon (3 actually) yesterday and was amazed at the sight picture and clarity. The problem is, which one? My shooting is all 250 yrds and less but I like a little magnification.

To be more specific, what model do you suggest and why? And what does ACOG stand for? Having never owned a scope, how important is it forthe scope to be round specific ( set up for a particular bullet weight)?

Thanks for your help. I have looked on the adds page, I just don't understand what I am looking at.

Butch
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:18:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:29:11 PM EDT
I would go with the 4x32 ACOG, I have a TA01 with a TA51 mount on my flattop RRA uppers......it's a bit bigger then the compact ones, besides what BrightFlashlights siad about them, it also has a bullet drop compensator in it, which is nice if you find a range that has 300 or more meter range lanes. it also gives you a bit more field of view then the compact one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:16:32 PM EDT
As the guys have said above a Trijicon is an excellent choice. If you're looking for something for less money you might have a look at the IOR line maybe a 4X (fixed power) from memory they run about $350-$400.
Top Top