Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2003 4:21:12 AM EDT
I have a Bushy Dissipator (16") with an Evans break.  I would like to add a sight but am still new enough to need some help.

I looked at a Trijicon (3 actually) yesterday and was amazed at the sight picture and clarity.  The problem is, which one?  My shooting is all 250 yrds and less but I like a little magnification.  

To be more specific, what model do you suggest and why?  And what does ACOG stand for?  Having never owned a scope, how important is it forthe scope to be round specific ( set up for a particular bullet weight)?

Thanks for your help.  I have looked on the adds page,  I just don't understand what I am looking at.

Butch
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the 4x32 ACOG, I have a TA01 with a TA51 mount on my flattop RRA uppers......it's a bit bigger then the compact ones, besides what BrightFlashlights siad about them, it also has a bullet drop compensator in it, which is nice if you find a range that has 300 or more meter range lanes. it also gives you a bit more field of view then the compact one.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
As the guys have said above a Trijicon is an excellent choice.  If you're looking for something for less money you might have a look at the IOR line maybe a 4X (fixed power) from memory they run about $350-$400.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top