Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/27/2003 5:00:47 PM EDT
I was wondering if the Ace skeleton stock is the same length as the stock butt on a 20" Bushmaster? I'm thinking of changing them out, the skeleton stock is pretty nice looking on the carbines. Has anyone used it on the 20"?

thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:30:15 PM EDT
The ACE ARFX length is shorter than the standard A2 stock, and is near identical to the A1... I have them on both carbine and rifle configurations and it works out great on both... for most people the A2 stock is too long anyway... [url]groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/stocks.msnw[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:44:32 PM EDT
What has worried me about getting one is that I am afraid that I will get some cleaning solvent (CLP) on that foamy part and just be rubbing it all over my cheek. Maybe this is a product of the fact that I might overlube just a bit, but having a greasy pimply(sp?) breakout on my right cheek sounds terrible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:51:51 PM EDT
Na.... closed cell foam, it doesn't absorb oil... [;)] I've started wrapping mine in paracord with a plastic sleeve underneath so I can remove the stock and keep the wrap intact... look sweet...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:58:08 PM EDT
OOoooooohhh! I might have to get one then... Is that you who I have seen post the pics with the paracord around the Ace. I have always thought of those pictures when I think of the Ace stock. I think that looks AWESOME! Reminds me of Strider knives.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:10:49 PM EDT
I have one and I love it, I'm not a fan of the false M4 stocks but I like the way the center of balance is further to the front with them so the ACE is perfect. Regarding the length; the ACE is about the same as the A2 stock with the rubber butt pad attached(mine was included with stock when it arrived from DS ARMS), I like mine better without the pad because it makes it .5 inches shorter.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:15:52 PM EDT
You guys are REALLY starting to hurt my wrist...
Top Top