Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2003 5:00:47 PM EDT
I was wondering if the Ace skeleton stock is the same length as the stock butt on a 20" Bushmaster? I'm thinking of changing them out, the skeleton stock is pretty nice looking on the carbines. Has anyone used it on the 20"?

thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The ACE ARFX length is shorter than the standard A2 stock, and is near identical to the A1...

I have them on both carbine and rifle configurations and it works out great on both... for most people the A2 stock is too long anyway...

[url]groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/stocks.msnw[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What has worried me about getting one is that I am afraid that I will get some cleaning solvent (CLP) on that foamy part and just be rubbing it all over my cheek. Maybe this is a product of the fact that I might overlube just a bit, but having a greasy pimply(sp?) breakout on my right cheek sounds terrible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Na.... closed cell foam, it doesn't absorb oil... [;)]

I've started wrapping mine in paracord with a plastic sleeve underneath so I can remove the stock and keep the wrap intact... look sweet...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
OOoooooohhh! I might have to get one then...

Is that you who I have seen post the pics with the paracord around the Ace. I have always thought of those pictures when I think of the Ace stock. I think that looks AWESOME!

Reminds me of Strider knives.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and I love it, I'm not a fan of the false M4 stocks but I like the way the center of balance is further to the front with them so the ACE is perfect. Regarding the length; the ACE is about the same as the A2 stock with the rubber butt pad attached(mine was included with stock when it arrived from DS ARMS), I like mine better without the pad because it makes it .5 inches shorter.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are REALLY starting to hurt my wrist...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top