Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/17/2002 8:43:46 PM EDT
Say I got a 80% 1911 I completed it myself, but I am in a financial pinch, is it okay to sell for that purpose only? you know not as a business and stuff... or is the only one who can sell guns made by themselves are class 7 FFL's? can someone clarify this?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:59:45 PM EDT
While it may draw unwanted attention...it is perfectly legal to sell a home-finished receiver as logn as you are not doing it as a business for profit... Technically, there are no more legal requirements for finishing a receiver than there are for assembling a kit on a finished receiver...Both are considered Manufacturing/Making by the ATF.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 6:00:21 PM EDT
if the reciever is still only 80 percent, you may sell it, but if it is done you can never sell it
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:43:18 AM EDT
Yes, you can sell it as long as you comply with your state and local laws. (Which shouldn't present much of a problem in Texas.) Don't sell it to anyone that you know to be a convicted felon, illegal drug user, or crazy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 8:25:21 AM EDT
I love how the ATF makes people think stuff that is perfectly legal is illegal. As I said...there are no more restrictions on selling a gun built with an 80% Receiver than there are on selling a gun built with a 100% Receiver and a Parts Kit. ATF considers both to be manufacturing and subject to the same laws and restrictions regarding selling as a business for profit.
Originally Posted By avengeusa: if the reciever is still only 80 percent, you may sell it, but if it is done you can never sell it
View Quote
Top Top