Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2002 8:07:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2002 8:14:34 PM EDT by sherm8404]
Cuz your .45 is on you or within your reach? My rifles have trigger locks and ammo in seperate locked containers. Add a few kids to the mix, the nosy 3-7 year old types and see if you want to leave loaded rifles around. Sherm
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:16:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:28:00 PM EDT
I see your schwartz is bigger than mine!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:42:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By texastactical: How many of you keep your rifles with a round chambered?
View Quote
Me. Since I don't have any kids. None that I know of yet [;)] I keep a pistol and rifle and/or shotgun loaded at all times, and secreted in different places in the apt. So call me nutty [whacko]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:46:05 PM EDT
becouse the chances of needing a rifle over a handgun in a home defense situation are alot smaller then needing a handgun
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:49:11 PM EDT
glock and kel-tec - loaded and one in the chamber at all times (at office, car, home, etc.) mossberg - cruiser ready (@ home) ar15 - rifle and ammo stored away from each other
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:22:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:40:05 AM EDT
I keep handguns loaded because if I need them, I want them ready without delay for defense. If I need the rifle, I'll have to go get it, and chambering a round is no appreciable delay. Further, I usually have somewhere between 5 and nine rounds available in the handguns, where the rifle is usually kept with a pair of 30 round magazines. One out of five is a real reduction, one out of sixty one is no big deal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:45:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader:
Originally Posted By texastactical: How many of you keep your rifles with a round chambered?
View Quote
Me. Since I don't have any kids. None that I know of yet [;)] I keep a pistol and rifle and/or shotgun loaded at all times, and secreted in different places in the apt. So call me nutty [whacko]
View Quote
Okay, you're nutty. Seriously, I don't like to keep one in the chamber of a rifle because you can't decock them. I just don't like that constant stress on the parts. No, I don't like cocked and locked 1911's either for the same reason, not safety. Not knocking, just not for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:01:07 AM EDT
Have a loaded AR in the safe and a loaded mossberg stored in the bedroom. Because my school is in a crappy neighborhood, I've got to be on my toes at all times. Can't put a country boy in the city and expect him not to get "nervous"! Keving67
Top Top