Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 8:07:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Cuz your .45 is on you or within your reach?

My rifles have trigger locks and ammo in seperate locked containers.

Add a few kids to the mix, the nosy 3-7 year old types and see if you want to leave loaded rifles around.

Sherm
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I see your schwartz is bigger than mine!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How many of you keep your rifles with a round chambered?
View Quote

Me. Since I don't have any kids. None that I know of yet [;)] I keep a pistol and rifle and/or shotgun loaded at all times, and secreted in different places in the apt. So call me nutty [whacko]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
becouse the chances of needing a rifle over a handgun in a home defense situation are alot smaller then needing a handgun
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
glock and kel-tec - loaded and one in the chamber at all times (at office, car, home, etc.)

mossberg - cruiser ready (@ home)

ar15 - rifle and ammo stored away from each other

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I keep handguns loaded because if I need them, I want them ready without delay for defense.

If I need the rifle, I'll have to go get it, and chambering a round is no appreciable delay.

Further, I usually have somewhere between 5 and nine rounds available in the handguns, where the rifle is usually kept with a pair of 30 round magazines. One out of five is a real reduction, one out of sixty one is no big deal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many of you keep your rifles with a round chambered?
View Quote

Me. Since I don't have any kids. None that I know of yet [;)] I keep a pistol and rifle and/or shotgun loaded at all times, and secreted in different places in the apt. So call me nutty [whacko]
View Quote
Okay, you're nutty.  Seriously, I don't like to keep one in the chamber of a rifle because you can't decock them.  I just don't like that constant stress on the parts. No, I don't like cocked and locked 1911's either for the same reason, not safety.  Not knocking, just not for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Have a loaded AR in the safe and a loaded mossberg stored in the bedroom.  Because my school is in a crappy neighborhood, I've got to be on my toes at all times.  Can't put a country boy in the city and expect him not to get "nervous"!

Keving67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top