Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2001 9:21:16 PM EDT
I was at a local gun store and handled a CZ75B. Damn that pistol fit great in my hand!! They had one in .40cal($425) and the standard 9mm($365). These pistols seams quit nice and was wondering what you guys thought about them. sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:30:41 PM EDT
A Czech version of an EAA Witness which is the American name of a Tanfoglio. Check out the fine pistols produced at the Tanfoglio site. It's the Euro version of the 1911 when it comes to popularity, customizing and competition. [url]http://www.tanfoglio.it[/url]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:31:48 PM EDT
Very nice. I really like the CZ's. I don't have a 75, but do have a 97 (.45 ACP). One of my favorites.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:41:36 PM EDT
Recently I did a lot of research and looking for a new CCW. I finally decided on a CZ 75 PCR (9mm), the compact with decocking feature. Next on my list is a .40 75b in 2 tone and a .40 compact which is due in Jan. 02. CZ's were regarded by most people I spoke with as reliable, accurate and well built. The original 75B feels great. Sort of like a HiPower but a better balance and grip. HiCap mags are pretty easy to get for the 9mm. (.40s only come in 10rnds). The cocked and locked abililty give it an option most DA/SA auto just don't. I prefer the decocker though. personal choice as I learned on SIGS. The PCR is off to have a Robar NP3 treatment and when it returns will have a custome carry holster made by a local shop. As for cost, etc the single best place for price is CZ connection. [url]http://pdmall.com/CZC/czpage~2.htm[/url] Of course you should really use it as a benchmark if your retailer comes close. The .40 you mention seems high to me if it the polymer coated (blued, not plastic like a Glock). Also check out CZ USA. [url]http://www.cz-usa.com[/url] All in a all a GREAT pistol. I can recommend one highly! Zaz "I have given up trying to understand people in favor of mocking them."
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:47:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2001 9:48:03 PM EDT by zazou]
Originally Posted By gardenWeasel: A Czech version of an EAA Witness which is the American name of a Tanfoglio.
View Quote
..um....it's the other way around. The Tanfoglio is the clone. [;)] Zaz
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:14:01 PM EDT
I have one in 9mm Para. The chamber is a bit tight, so it won't take my handloaded 9s, but works fine on factory load ammo. The plastic grips are not chemical resistant to Hoppe's 9. It disolved/melted a tad when I got some cleaning solvent on my hands, and then I handled the CZ.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:43:03 PM EDT
This Lady Force is kinda cool, and it's available in .45 ACP. I prefer white to pink but I like the different color options. [url]http://www.tanfoglio.it/html/ladyforce-anim.htm[/url] [img]http://www.tanfoglio.it/immagini/Lady_force_pink.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:03:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: I was at a local gun store and handled a CZ75B. Damn that pistol fit great in my hand!! sgtar15
View Quote
YOU ALSO NOTICED?!! Some yrs ago I came across a new "Czechoslovakia made" (when still communist) CZ-75 at my local shop. The thing felt so good in my hand I bought it for this alone. Over the subsequent 8 yrs. it has proven itself very well--esp. for the money. The CZ is a fine pistol; very well built (i.e. tough) and engineered (i.e. ergonomics). Dual SA/DA capability and no unnecessary gadgetry like decockers. Also, to reiterate what ZAZOU said, the Italian Tanfoglio is one of *many* copycats of the CZ-75...the CZ is the real McCoy. It real does function even better than it feels!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:06:13 PM EDT
Too bad EAA didn't continue to market the pink panther pistols as "The Bitch." Would've been a funny if non-PC marketing ploy. BTW, I beg to differ on the superiority of the CZ's "feel" compared to the Hipower. I personally prefer the Hipower, although the CZ format is a beaut. Some of my more accomplished pistol shooting friends swear by the pointability of the 1911 format. They may have a point. Lessee in the CZ 75 clone stable: 1) Baby Eagle series 2) Sphinx pistols 3) Tanarami (spp?) 4) Tangfolio 5) SA P-9 series, which was manuf. by one of the Italian companies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:05:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:16:34 AM EDT
Hey Troy, you're up late. You ever plan on coming up to Sac Valley for a shoot?? If so, maybe I can test out your CZ when you do. [:D] sgtar15 PS Thanks for the info guys. I am putting the pistol on my list. Trigger was great, balance great, fit & finish was great. Overall first impression was better then with my Sig P228!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:56:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:58:41 AM EDT
Let me know...I know in the meeting section they are looking at October for a shoot. Or just e-mail me when you will be in the area, maybe PTHFNDR will join us. Later sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:20:54 AM EDT
I also have one. Very nice pistol. Also I cannot say enough about CZ-USA'a customer service. I bought a military CZ75B. It's supposed to ship w/ 2 mags a 10rder and a 15rder. Mine didn't have the 15rder. I live in Pa. where there is no reason why I shouldn't have had one w/ it. So I gave them a shout. They asked me the serial # and to send the the offensive 10 rd mag. The sent me 2 15rders in it's place. WOW was I happy [:D]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:35:53 AM EDT
I love the CZ-75B. Great pistol, it makes me wish I had 4 arms so I could hold 4 of them at a time. The prices sound a bit high but Iseem to recall you are in the PRK? At a recent Virginia gun show the CZ-75 in .40cal was $300, and the 9mm was about $350. GunLvr
Top Top