Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2001 9:21:16 PM EDT
I was at a local gun store and handled a CZ75B.  Damn that pistol fit great in my hand!!  They had one in .40cal($425) and the standard 9mm($365).  These pistols seams quit nice and was wondering what you guys thought about them.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
A Czech version
of an EAA Witness
which is the American name of a Tanfoglio.

Check out the fine pistols produced
at the Tanfoglio site.
It's the Euro version of the 1911
when it comes to popularity, customizing
and competition.
[url]http://www.tanfoglio.it[/url]

Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice. I really like the CZ's. I don't have a 75, but do have a 97 (.45 ACP).

One of my favorites.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Recently I did a lot of research and looking for a new CCW.  I finally decided on a CZ 75 PCR (9mm), the compact with decocking feature.

Next on my list is a .40 75b in 2 tone and a .40 compact  which is due in Jan. 02.

CZ's were regarded by most people I spoke with as reliable, accurate and well built.  The original 75B feels great. Sort of like a HiPower but a better balance and grip.   HiCap mags are pretty easy to get for the 9mm. (.40s only come in 10rnds). The cocked and locked abililty give it an option most DA/SA auto just don't.  I prefer the decocker though.  personal choice as I learned on SIGS.

The PCR is off to have a Robar NP3 treatment and when it returns will have a custome carry holster made by a local shop.

As for cost, etc the single best place for price is CZ connection.
[url]http://pdmall.com/CZC/czpage~2.htm[/url]
Of course you should really use it as a benchmark if your retailer comes close.  The .40 you mention seems high to me if it the polymer coated (blued, not plastic like a Glock).

Also check out CZ USA.
[url]http://www.cz-usa.com[/url]

All in a all a GREAT pistol.  I can recommend one highly!

Zaz

"I have given up trying to understand people in favor of mocking them."
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A Czech version
of an EAA Witness
which is the American name of a Tanfoglio.
View Quote

..um....it's the other way around.  The Tanfoglio is the clone.

[;)]

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one in 9mm Para.  The chamber is a bit tight, so it won't take my handloaded 9s, but works fine on factory load ammo.  The plastic grips are not chemical resistant to Hoppe's 9.  It disolved/melted a tad when I got some cleaning solvent on my hands, and then I handled the CZ.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
This Lady Force is kinda cool, and it's available in .45 ACP. I prefer white to pink but I like the different color options.
[url]http://www.tanfoglio.it/html/ladyforce-anim.htm[/url]
[img]http://www.tanfoglio.it/immagini/Lady_force_pink.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was at a local gun store and handled a CZ75B.  Damn that pistol fit great in my hand!!  sgtar15
View Quote

YOU ALSO NOTICED?!!

Some yrs ago I came across a new "Czechoslovakia made" (when still communist) CZ-75 at my local shop. The thing felt so good in my hand I bought it for this alone.
Over the subsequent 8 yrs. it has proven itself very well--esp. for the money.

The CZ is a fine pistol; very well built (i.e. tough) and engineered (i.e. ergonomics).
Dual SA/DA capability and no unnecessary gadgetry like decockers.

Also, to reiterate what ZAZOU said, the Italian Tanfoglio is one of *many* copycats of the CZ-75...the CZ is the real McCoy.

It real does function even better than it feels!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Too bad EAA didn't continue to market the pink panther pistols as "The Bitch."  Would've been a funny if non-PC marketing ploy.

BTW, I beg to differ on the superiority of the CZ's "feel" compared to the Hipower.  I personally prefer the Hipower, although the CZ format is a beaut.  Some of my more accomplished pistol shooting friends swear by the pointability of the 1911 format.  They may have a point.

Lessee in the CZ 75 clone stable:

1) Baby Eagle series
2) Sphinx pistols
3) Tanarami (spp?)
4) Tangfolio
5) SA P-9 series, which was manuf. by one of the Italian companies.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:16:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey Troy, you're up late.  You ever plan on coming up to Sac Valley for a shoot??  If so, maybe I can test out your CZ when you do. [:D]

sgtar15

PS Thanks for the info guys.  I am putting the pistol on my list.  Trigger was great, balance great, fit & finish was great.  Overall first impression was better then with my Sig P228!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:56:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Let me know...I know in the meeting section they are looking at October for a shoot.  Or just e-mail me when you will be in the area, maybe PTHFNDR will join us.

Later

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:20:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I also have one. Very nice pistol. Also I cannot say enough about CZ-USA'a customer service. I bought a military CZ75B. It's supposed to ship w/ 2 mags a 10rder and a 15rder. Mine didn't have the 15rder. I live in Pa. where there is no reason why I shouldn't have had one w/ it. So I gave them a shout. They asked me the serial # and to send the the offensive 10 rd mag. The sent me 2 15rders in it's place. WOW was I happy [:D]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the CZ-75B.  Great pistol, it makes me wish I had 4 arms so I could hold 4 of them at a time.  The prices sound a bit high but Iseem to recall you are in the PRK?  

At a recent Virginia gun show the CZ-75 in .40cal was $300, and the 9mm was about $350.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top