Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:27:15 PM EDT

One thing that really struck me was all the American flags they were all waving at the march (see link for pictures of the march).

To me, seeing illegal aliens waving American flags was like seeing carjackers polishing their stolen cars. Showing off that which was obtained illegally is nothing to cheer or support. These illegal aliens who marched in the streets and made demands on our country have no clue what America is about and have no regard for one of the most important founding principles of this nation - that being that 'No man is above the law'.

Yet there they were, unapologetic lawbreakers, flaunting their illegitimate presence here and spitting in the eye of all legal immigrants who play by the rules, pay their dues, follow the law and wait their turn for the PRIVILEGE to come here.

Why must we respect and obey THEM when they won't respect or obey US? Who are THEY to come here by the millions, defy our rules, disregard our laws and then make demands of US!? As I stood and watched their two-hour procession of contempt, I heard one clear message through it all, "I don't care about your laws, just gimme what I want NOW!"

Contrary to their catchy yet brash slogan "Somos America" (We are America), illegal immigrants are not "America". They are PART of America, a very small part - about five percent to be exact, with the vast majority being of Hispanic ethnicity. They are also significantly distinct from most of America, both culturally and linguistically. They were all chanting in Spanish during the march. Every speech at the podium was mostly in Spanish. I was never such a minority among minorities as I was in the middle of that procession (and I grew up in Detroit).

Over a hundred thousand people in that march and, except for the contrived appearance of all those American flags (deliberately dispensed by the march organizers), for all I could tell I could have been in the heart of Tiujuana for all I could see and hear for miles around me. For any singular ethnic group such as what we saw in Phoenix to declare that "We are America" is just pure ethnocentric egoism.

Would a march of 100,000 caucasians unashamedly declaring that "We are America" be met with such silent credence by the press? "Somos America"!? No pienso tan. Not by a long shot.

Which brings me again to the symbolism they tried so hard to put over with those American flags. How could they honestly wave an American flag which represents equality under the law when they've lied, cheated and stolen their way into this country - and then proudly try to justify that fact and "demand" we treat them as being above the law? How does a law-breaker have the gall to "demand" anything from those against whom he's offended?

From where does such an insolent and brazen mentality arise? There are LEGAL ways for tens of thousands of immigrants to come here every year - why do these illegal alien protesters think they're above the law!? Have they no concept or respect for the rule of law? Have they no shame?

Speaking of shame, to hear Ted Kennedy declare to the mobs of law-breakers marching on Washington that "I look across this gathering and I see the future of America" not only sickens me, but seriously makes me wonder - is this really the future of America?

Is the future America going to be one filled with people proudly showing off their stolen goods, all the while fraudulently waving the flag that symbolizes such once-noble ideals as a nation under the rule of law where no one is above the law? And certainly not millions of them above the law.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]

I agree with every word of what you wrote.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The only reason they even HAD the US flag is because of the uproar when the mexican flag was handed out for the LA riot/ demonstration.   the organizers figured that wasn't  a good move and bought the US flags.   maybe  --never mind.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The only reason they even HAD the US flag is because of the uproar when the mexican flag was handed out for the LA riot/ demonstration.   the organizers figured that wasn't  a good move and bought the US flags.   maybe  --never mind.

exactly.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
As was said, these people didn't come out waving US flags - they were GIVEN US flags by organizers and told to put up their Mexican flags for now so they could win public opinion when the media showed the clips. There will be time for flying the Mexican flags in the US once they've won the war.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'll say it anyhow- there should have been saboteurs in those marches burning the US flag.    Then we could have seen what they marchers really wanted.    It would have been interesting to see how the media would handle it, to say the least.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As was said, these people didn't come out waving US flags - they were GIVEN US flags by organizers and told to put up their Mexican flags for now so they could win public opinion when the media showed the clips. There will be time for flying the Mexican flags in the US once they've won the war.

Yep.

I actually watched the organizers with my own eyes handing out flags from a barrel of them along the beginning of the march.

It was all sooooo contrived, but it looked sooooooo good on the idiot box.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Alot of people who fly the flag here woke up without them that morning and inthe days leading up to that morning. Coincedence? I think not.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Alot of people who fly the flag here woke up without them that morning and inthe days leading up to that morning. Coincedence? I think not.

Interesting.

Like I said, seeing illegal aliens waving American flags is like seeing carjackers polishing their stolen cars.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd actually would be sympathetic if they marched with American flags on the Mexican side of the border and werent here in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I think they defile our flag just by touching it.

They'll win the soft war with tactics like this, because our country is full of liberal scum that enjoy seeing our country being sold out to the fucking commies.

The hard war is the one that they'll lose, because we're the ones with the guns...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#11]
it makes me sick to see people using flags for political purposes, especually ILLEGAL poilitcal purposes.  the flag is a symbol.  it is not a tool, it is not a weapon, and it does not take sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top