Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sukhoi - MAKS 2005… yowza!!!!

Those are some pretty fucking manuverable fighters, but that's why they're always crashing.

I go to alot of airshows and I never see our guys doing any of that crazy ass shit in a fighter. Percision pases and formations yes, but they don't treat F-18's like acrobatic planes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anybody know where there is a downloadable link?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dont be a pilot in russia. If your plane fucks up and crashes,you will go to jail.

Wish my Dad had broadband,he'd tell us what went wrong.(He used to be on the Danish AF aerobatic team flying F-86D Sabrejets. If you fuck-up bad here,and its your fault,you should end up there too. Think of that B-52 PIC,how he was allowed to even fly.escapes me.

I think most US pilots would have ridden it in to make sure it didn't hit the crowd.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think most US pilots would have ridden it in to make sure it didn't hit the crowd.

I think you shouldn't have skipped posts in this thread.  

vito said "Soviet fighters have a superb auto-eject system."

Those pilots did ride that jet in.  The jet just spit them out before it started tumbling.

I'd like to know more about these auto-eject systems and what it would've taken to sense the impending disaster and get the pilots out in this situation.

Corey
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anybody know where there is a downloadable link?

Here ya go…

When I tried that link, it only downloaded a GVP link, not a file.  Does anybody have any help or advice for the doubly disadvantaged.  I have dialup, + retardation working against me but really need to see this.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I say screw all of you laughing at this.  After being at the Ramstien air show and seeing what that did to people was awful.  That will be something they never forget, I know I don't.

I finally got the nerve to go to the first airshow since that happened last year, and I still flinched watching the Blue Angels.

Steven

edit: spelling
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Those pilots did ride that jet in.  The jet just spit them out before it started tumbling.

I'd like to know more about these auto-eject systems and what it would've taken to sense the impending disaster and get the pilots out in this situation.

Corey

I seem to recall that people in the West started taking serious notice of Russian ejector seats after the Paris air show in 1989 when the pilot walked away from an ejection at about 200 feet with the aircraft pointing straight down at the ground. There was suddenly a lot of interest in mating the Russian systems in non-Russian aircraft. Well, the idea behind Paris is to sell your wares, it's an expensive way of marketing ejection seats, but definitely effective.

Note the chute hasn't opened yet. Russian paratroops tend to be one swing and you're on the ground, it seems that the fighter jocks are about the same way.

NTM
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sukhoi - MAKS 2005… yowza!!!!

Damn!!!!!  Sukhoi is making some gorgeous aircraft......that was a great link!!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top