Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2006 6:22:38 PM EDT
The ones where the actor from Fargo...dressed all in white with a shaved head, with a blonde bombshell on his arm, destroys pimped out ricers owned by urban youths before unveiling a shiney new white VW GTI then touting German engineering. (Holy run on sentance, batman!)

I think they are great.  My jewish friend thinks they are the most racist thing he has ever seen. He hates the symbolism. German car, white clothes, white car, shaved head, blonde white female...destoying colorful "pimped out cars driven by multicultural urban youth types.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Your friend needs to have his auto unpimped.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Racist how?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
They are awesome!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Racist?
How?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
What does your friend being Jewish have to do with it? I am Jewish, and I find them funny as hell. So do the other Jewish people with whom I have happened to see the commercial.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#6]
what is the racist part?

funny commercials.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I love them!  Politically incorrect, but not in a way that most typical lefties would probably spot.  I love the rice rocket put on the trebuchet and smashed.

German engineering in da house ya!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Your friend is uber-sensitive.  

What does he find funny?....this should be good...

To me the "white" symbol is just plain, as in plain old good.  Not the good in the moral sense but in quality.  All show and no go is the multi-color pimpsters.

The crazy way he looks at it misses the fact that the "white power" folk usually dress in black.

The shaved head is just symbolic of the german "gang" versus the "urban" hip-hop "gang".  Shaving your head is pretty normal and tame in this day and age.

What's he got against blondes, or did he notice that they had blue eyes too.!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The ones where the actor from Fargo...dressed all in white with a shaved head, with a blonde bombshell on his arm, destroys pimped out ricers owned by urban youths before unveiling a shiney new white VW GTI then touting German engineering. (Holy run on sentance, batman!)

I think they are great.  My jewish friend thinks they are the most racist thing he has ever seen. He hates the symbolism. German car, white clothes, white car, shaved head, blonde white female...destoying colorful "pimped out cars driven by multicultural urban youth types.

I found the commercials mildly amusing before I read your friend's take.

Now I am head over heels in love with the commercial. Your friend sounds like one of those assholes who thinks 8 ball is a racist conspiracy too... one player takes out all the coloreds while the other takes out the half-breeds until ol' blackie remains for dessert.

Add the "Klansmen holding the Veni Vidi Vicci banner" on the pack of Marlboros and you have a full house.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Deutchland in der house, ja?

Funny shit, that!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#13]
You friend has sand in his mangina?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

He's still a little sensitive about that whole holocost thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Anything that is really funny is bound to offend somone.

A German exec actually had some really funny takes on
MSNBC the other night.  

He was saying that it was all a send up of German uptightness
as contrasted with American culture....The whole
campaign is actually brilliant.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Tell him to lighten up francis.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#17]
This is a fake ad.  It looks very real but it's not.  VW is pissed and is considering suing the guy.

adsoftheworld.com/node/45/play

Maybe this has gotten around in the Jewish community and got their antennae vibrating?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Anything that pokes fun at rap/hip-hop/thug culture is great to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Abso-farfignuten-tly love them
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Funny stuff
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Uh, who has a shaved head in the commericals?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Even though I don't like VW, I still think they are funny!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is he in Israel killing Palestinians on a daily basis and doing his damndest to prevent the next holocaust? Somehow I doubt it.

Those commercials are great. They make fun of ricers, and that is good.

Someone needs to ridicule the dimwits with their "Dubs" next. But that's another topic.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Your friend is a TARD! How in the world could anyone be offended by these commercials? He really needs counseling!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I like the new radio commercials for VW much more than the TV commercials.

Dealer: "Hey, did you know that this car was featured in the movie [deleted]?"

"German VW engineer" w / requisite accent: "Really? That can't be. This car's not fast, and it's making me furious."
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#26]
sure there might be an underlying racial symbolism, but "un-pimpin" RICERs is a BIG +
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Fuck your friend.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The MOST RACIST thing he has ever seen??  

Has he been blind and deaf his whole life, and watched the VW commercial right after he regained his vision and hearing?

I guess if you really, really stretch it, and make all kinds of unreasonable assumptions, perhaps some slight "racism" could possibly be symbolically inferred from those commercials.  Although even then, it seems to be more about the clean germans being hostile to urban CULTURE, and nothing to do with race.  But that's still a HUGE stretch.

But the "most racist"?  Wow - your friend has an unusual and unique perspective, that's for sure.

Or, alternatively, he's a complete idiot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I'ts great - screw that pimped out ghetto wanna be ricer crap
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#30]
In the words of the Guiness inventors, "Brilliant!"
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#31]
They are fucking hilarious.
They aren't "people of color" who are having their cars trashed, it looks like dumb suburbanite kids to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Hell, the actor isn't even German! I think he's from Sweden. Somebody find out what his name is and look up his screen appearances. Just a fookin' commercial! Tell your Jewish friend he's being stupid.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The ones where the actor from Fargo...

Holy crap, is that the same guy? I thought he was actually German (that's a pretty good fake accent).

BTW, I love those commercials. Pretty much anything that blatantly trumps old-style German "uptight" engineering over the modern "gangsta" rice-burner culture is awesome in my book.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Me-thinks that some people read FAR too deep into things. They're funny, plain and simple.  tell your friend to quit being a cry-baby fuck-tard and enjoy life a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Hell, the actor isn't even German! I think he's from Sweden. Somebody find out what his name is and look up his screen appearances. Just a fookin' commercial! Tell your Jewish friend he's being stupid.

Just looked it up.  His name is Peter Stormare and he is from Sweden.

www.imdb.com/name/nm0001780/
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he has a small number tatooed on his arm I can understand,  if not have him reach into his pants and see if he really has a dick/balls.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
This is a fake ad.  It looks very real but it's not.  VW is pissed and is considering suing the guy.

Maybe this has gotten around in the Jewish community and got their antennae vibrating?

That is some funny shit right there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#39]
First off, I like the woman.

Oh, and the commercials are fine. (no racism at all either)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

That's GREAT!

VW should pay the guy and use that ad here in the US.  Every ARFCOMER would then go out and buy a Polo.

BC
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just looked it up.  His name is Peter Stormare and he is from Sweden.

www.imdb.com/name/nm0001780/

Wait a second.  If you look at this actor's filmography you see he was once in a movie about Hitler.   Am I the only one who see's the vast right wing (racist) conspiracy envisioned by your friend?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Does anyone have any info on the Hot chic?????
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Racist?
How?

Apparently, realism is racism...if you're white.

Stormare has range.  He played the Russian Cosmonaut in that abortion of a movie called Amrageddon.  He and Steve Buscemi were the only reasons to watch that piece of trash.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#44]
So.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Being from CA it does not suprise me that commercial would hit home with you.

If  by "hit home" you mean I found it funny and see VW's as slightly less Gay, then yes. They are still chick cars.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#46]
well, the unpimp ze auto vids are great but so are these for a different reason:

Joyride with Helga

Joyride with Helga II
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:04:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
well, the unpimp ze auto vids are great but so are these for a different reason:

Joyride with Helga

Joyride with Helga II

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#48]
your friend is an asshole that needs to get a life.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Tell him to get over himself.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top