Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/17/2006 11:39:31 AM EDT
Driving to Florida tomorrow and plan on hitting Disney while I am there. Florida honors PA's carry license, so I should be good to go in Disney right? Or do they have some sort of higher law?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#1]
go open carry with a knife necklace
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
(Looks into crystal ball) I see a concealable retention holster in your future.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Driving to Florida tomorrow and plan on hitting Disney while I am there. Florida honors PA's carry license, so I should be good to go in Disney right? Or do they have some sort of higher law?

Disney has a posted sign no firearms/weapons. They'll also give you the wand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Just don't bring some Mickey Mouse gun.

roy d....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

roy d....

LOL
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Are you friggin kidding me?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Went to Disney land not too long ago... no wand for me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've taken my family there several times a year, for the past 5 years.  I've never been wanded.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#9]

My opinion (worth what you paid for it) is that if you cannot respect the request of a private property owner, then you should choose to not patronize them with your business.

So my own choice in that situation would be to respect their rules.  But I have no doubt that it's probably pretty easy to get a gun past their "security" (maybe put it in your wife's purse in case they wand your or something).

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nope. Posted above the ticket counter, and somewhere else I saw.

And they wanded me...I must look suspecious or something.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]
If you do it make sure you have cc routine down. Because it will be hot and humid.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Bush Gardens  searches your  "tourist bag"  before you can go in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Official: No guns or other 'evil' stuff at any of the theme parks in Florida.

Read as: if you carry, carry small and concealed, as in TOTALLY concealed. Don't carry your pimped-out Beretta 92, or Colt 1911, or HK SOCOM in a holster that is barely covered by a t-shirt. Carry your .38 snubbie or Kel-Tec in a pocket holster. IF you choose to carry and wear a fanny pack or back pack, etc., expect to have that item searched. Don't draw attention to yourself to let anybody know you're carrying - as in DO NOT wear an AR15.Com shirt, or an NRA hat, etc. I've carried at Busch, Universal, Disney and several other parks and never had any problem.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
go open carry with a knife necklace

LOL
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't been to Disney in a couple of years (I have been 1 or 2 times post-9/11). The last time I went, they were searching bags, but made no attempt to find anything you were carrying on your person.

FWIW, FL has state-level preemption, and no provision for legally-binding "no guns" signs. That means that if they find a gun on you and you aren't in one of the "no carry" places listed in the law, all they can do is kick you out. Of course, if you make any trouble leaving, they might charge you with armed trespass, which is a felony IIRC. The preemption means that Disney can't change the law with regard to guns and CCW.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Official: No guns or other 'evil' stuff at any of the theme parks in Florida.

Read as: if you carry, carry small and concealed, as in TOTALLY concealed. Don't carry your pimped-out Beretta 92, or Colt 1911, or HK SOCOM in a holster that is barely covered by a t-shirt. Carry your .38 snubbie or Kel-Tec in a pocket holster. IF you choose to carry and wear a fanny pack or back pack, etc., expect to have that item searched. Don't draw attention to yourself to let anybody know you're carrying - as in DO NOT wear an AR15.Com shirt, or an NRA hat, etc. I've carried at Busch, Universal, Disney and several other parks and never had any problem.

And for God's sake, make sure it doesn't fly out on a ride!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
i've never been wanded going into disney, but that's not to say that they don't do it.  i havnt been there post-9/11, so they may have upped security.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Legal to carry. I carry a Keltec in my pocket. They do search bags though, so no purse.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
But I have no doubt that it's probably pretty easy to get a gun past their "security" (maybe put it in your wife's purse in case they wand your or something).

They searched all bags and purses when we went a couple of years ago.  No wands or anything though.  If I'd had a gun under my clothes, I would have been in with no trouble.

I say if they say no firearms, then it's their property, and they can do what they like.  And you can call them and tell them how much money their anti-gun policy just cost them.  They probably won't care, but it's better than nothing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#20]
They look in your bags, and they ask you to give some biometrics with your fingers when you run your park pass thru the machine at the turnstile, but I have never seen a wand.  In fact they have a no bag line for the people to just walk right thru with no stuff.

I was there a few months ago, so unless something has just changed, I wouldn't worry.

fish
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Save your money and don't goto Disney.

There are better things to do in Florida than Disney.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So carry one them plastic glocks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

roy d....

Yeah, you don't wanna look Goofy!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I was there last May, no wand, only bag searches. G-23 with me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#25]
You REALLY think you're going to be able to use a firearm inside Disney world? Talk about liabilty waiting to happen. I have a carry permit and I wouldn't even think about firing a shot in a place so crowded.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#26]
There is no legal reason not to carry in Disney.  Florida law doesn't allow businesses to dictate whether you can use your legal CCW permit or not.  The worst they can do is, if they somehow find out you're carrying, they can ask you to leave and have you trespassed off the property by the police if you refuse.  However, if you are carrying and have to use your gun in self defense, you will NOT be charged for carrying in contravention of their signs.
As for wanding...never, not once seen it.  They check bags, but not your person.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#27]
had an pass during 2004

carried in disney dozens of times

be careful not to "thump" it getting in and out of rides
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I say if they say no firearms, then it's their property, and they can do what they like.

You may say that, but Florida law says different.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I was there in Feb. they search bags, no wands. You're planning on carrying in Disney? I thought I was screwed up.....good luck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I was there in Feb. they search bags, no wands. You're planning on carrying in Disney? I thought I was screwed up.....good luck.

Nothing screwed up about it.  Also, it's not hard at all.
Best way is, carry a fanny pack with no gun in it, with your wallet in it or something, through the gates, while your gun is in a deep-cover holster like Thunderwear.  After you go through the gate, where the fanny pack might be opened for observation, go to the bathroom and transfer the gun into the fanny pack and take off the Thunderwear and shove it in a pocket.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#31]
why would you wanna carry in an amusement park?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's the scenario: it's gay day and you're in the bathroom...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Florida law doesn't allow businesses to dictate whether you can use your legal CCW permit or not.

BZZZZT!!!!   WRONG!!!

Any place that posts a clearly visible sign that says no weapons are allowed becomes a 'place of nuisance' under FL law and is therefore off limits.  Don't believe me, call your State Attorney's office.

Have any of you ever sat down with a lawyer and actually read your state gun laws?

Before you ask, yes, I have.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Florida law doesn't allow businesses to dictate whether you can use your legal CCW permit or not.

BZZZZT!!!!   WRONG!!!

Any place that posts a clearly visible sign that says no weapons are allowed becomes a 'place of nuisance' under FL law and is therefore off limits.  Don't believe me, call your State Attorney's office.

I don't believe you and am fairly certain you're wrong.  Places of nuisance are very well defined in Florida law.  You're incorrect.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#35]
That's a "no-go" Ghost Rider! There is NEVER a need to carry in Disney! What the hell??? Are you gonna practice your dryfire on the ghosts in the haunted mansion??? And they'll hit you with the wand anyway... not worth the trouble of walking all the way back to your car.....miles away...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That's a "no-go" Ghost Rider! There is NEVER a need to carry in Disney! What the hell??? Are you gonna practice your dryfire on the ghosts in the haunted mansion??? And they'll hit you with the wand anyway... not worth the trouble of walking all the way back to your car.....miles away...

Yeah, and you'll never need to carry in church either...whatcha gonna do, shoot the preacher?
Ooohh, I forgot, some guy did go nuts in a church in Texas and shoot a bunch of people.  
But no one's ever gone nuts and started killing people in Disney, right?  So I guess it'll never happen, right?  

You sound like a fucking anti.

ETA:  And there is no wand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Seriously, if you have a valid Florida CWP and you want to carry concealed, go right the fuck ahead!

Been there, done that. Never been wanded either. Had my backpack searched, albeit half-assed.

Had my G23 in deep cover on my person and nobody knew jack shit!

There were NO signs to be found. Worst case scenario, you are asked to leave and you should do so.

Packing in Disney has become SOP for me. Crime and criminals are not prevented from entering the Magic Kingdom, therefore packing your peice should be SOP.

Unless you feel your life is not worth saving.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

HS1 What Mickey doesn't know won't hurt him!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and you'll never need to carry in church either...whatcha gonna do, shoot the preacher?
Ooohh, I forgot, some guy did go nuts in a church in Texas and shoot a bunch of people.  
But no one's ever gone nuts and started killing people in Disney, right?  So I guess it'll never happen, right?  

You sound like a fucking anti.

ETA:  And there is no wand.

Yeah...I'm an "ANTI"  

I was joking around a little with the "dry firing at ghosts" thing. You can carry wherever you "fucking" want RikWriter. Just stating the fact that Disney is probably the last place you need to carry.  And sorry, most of the times I've been there it has been as a chaperone for high schoolers on Grad Bash and the like. For the record they ALWAYS USED THE WAND OR WALK THRU DETECTORS in ALL the ORLANDO parks at those events.  And for the record.....Regardless of what you think...if a business has (and I don't remember if they do) a "no firearms" signs then you are to comply or leave the said area. That goes for just about any place. And if you know anything about me from my post on this board you would quickly detract your "anti"-anything as it applies to guns. I am however anti-asswipes... take that ass you wish...
"  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yeah...I'm an "ANTI"  

I have no way of knowing what you are IRL, but your "logic" is the same as the antis.

And sorry, most of the times I've been there it has been as a chaperone for high schoolers on Grad Bash and the like. For the record they ALWAYS USED THE WAND OR WALK THRU DETECTORS in ALL the ORLANDO parks at those events.  

Irrelevant.  They don't use them for normal park entrance.

And for the record.....Regardless of what you think...if a business has (and I don't remember if they do) a "no firearms" signs then you are to comply or leave the said area. That goes for just about any place.

No, it doesn't.  You are incorrect.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BZZZZT!!!!   WRONG!!!

I don't believe you and am fairly certain you're wrong.  Places of nuisance are very well defined in Florida law.  You're incorrect.

BTW, here's what Florida state 823.05 says about "places of nuisance:"
823.05  Places declared a nuisance; may be abated and enjoined.--Whoever shall erect, establish, continue, or maintain, own or lease any building, booth, tent or place which tends to annoy the community or injure the health of the community, or become manifestly injurious to the morals or manners of the people as described in s. 823.01, or shall be frequented by the class of persons mentioned in 1s. 856.02, or any house or place of prostitution, assignation, lewdness or place or building where games of chance are engaged in violation of law or any place where any law of the state is violated, shall be deemed guilty of maintaining a nuisance, and the building, erection, place, tent or booth and the furniture, fixtures and contents are declared a nuisance. All such places or persons shall be abated or enjoined as provided in ss. 60.05 and 60.06.

Nope, nothing in there about being posted as "no guns allowed."
Whoever told you that was full of shit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah...I'm an "ANTI"  

I have no way of knowing what you are IRL, but your "logic" is the same as the antis.

And sorry, most of the times I've been there it has been as a chaperone for high schoolers on Grad Bash and the like. For the record they ALWAYS USED THE WAND OR WALK THRU DETECTORS in ALL the ORLANDO parks at those events.  

Irrelevant.  They don't use them for normal park entrance.

And for the record.....Regardless of what you think...if a business has (and I don't remember if they do) a "no firearms" signs then you are to comply or leave the said area. That goes for just about any place.

No, it doesn't.  You are incorrect.

I think you need a better understanding of premises laws. Other than that...if you choose to consider me a "anti" anything related to guns you can just carry on my friend, Best wishes to you. I'd do a little more research before I jumped to conclusions...

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think you need a better understanding of premises laws.

No need.  I researched this quite thoroughly years ago.  I know the Florida law on the subject.  If someone in Florida posts a "no guns" sign, and if they discover you are carrying (it would have to be because someone told them, since if you flashed the gun you'd be guilty of reckless display and if YOU told them you'd probably be guilty of making a terroristic threat...or possibly of just being stupid) they can ask you to leave.  If you refuse, you can be arrested for tresspass.  However, if you are carrying in a store posted "no guns" and have to use your gun in lawful self defense, you will NOT be prosecuted for carrying in the store.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

roy d....

Yeah, you don't wanna look Goofy!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

What about a Minnie-14?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
.. (maybe put it in your wife's purse in case they wand your or something).

No they'll check your wife's purse, I've never seen them wand people  (I spent 2 weeks there back in January).

You're better off with a IWB and a jackt or untucked shirt.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you need a better understanding of premises laws.

No need.  I researched this quite thoroughly years ago.  I know the Florida law on the subject.  If someone in Florida posts a "no guns" sign, and if they discover you are carrying (it would have to be because someone told them, since if you flashed the gun you'd be guilty of reckless display and if YOU told them you'd probably be guilty of making a terroristic threat...or possibly of just being stupid) they can ask you to leave.  If you refuse, you can be arrested for tresspass.  However, if you are carrying in a store posted "no guns" and have to use your gun in lawful self defense, you will NOT be prosecuted for carrying in the store.

Wow..thanks..That's EXACTLY what I'm saying...If they have a "no guns" sign posted then it's not worth walking back to your car to put it away! Because you CAN be asked to leave if they choose to persue that avenue. And that might SERIOUSLY cause a problem for the dude's family.  Did I EVER say anything other than that....dude...from your post...I think you might be one of those damn "ANTI's!"

I love ya brother(in arms)..we are both in the same fight. I just wouldn't want to tell a fellow ARFCOMER to carry in Disney and end up causing him trouble if he got searched. Sorry if that bothers you.. just trying to help.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Wow..thanks..That's EXACTLY what I'm saying...If they have a "no guns" sign posted then it's not worth walking back to your car to put it away! Because you CAN be asked to leave if they choose to persue that avenue.

Pursue that avenue how exactly?
They don't search your person.  Unless you tell them you're carrying, how will they find out?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#49]
don't handscan
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow..thanks..That's EXACTLY what I'm saying...If they have a "no guns" sign posted then it's not worth walking back to your car to put it away! Because you CAN be asked to leave if they choose to persue that avenue.

Pursue that avenue how exactly?
They don't search your person.  Unless you tell them you're carrying, how will they find out?

Sorry dude, those laws only apply to those that chose to comply with the stated rules. You're right. You happy?

Sandman67, You should be packed to the gills. Make sure you carry a couple million rounds in the car as well. C4 would be a good idea as well. And have you thought about  grenades? They would REALLY add to the celebration parade!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top