Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of you guys fucking kill me. Why would I want to carry in a theme park? In Disney no less? Oh shit...I don't know....maybe because my life or my family's life could somehow be put in danger and rather than have my johnson in my hand, I would much prefer a firearm. Since when did you all become fortune tellers that you now know where danger will not show up and when it won't? What? because I'm in the Magic Kingdom? please....

I'll be bringing my Kel Tec .380 with me and exercising my God given (and PA license, which Florida reciprocates)  right to carry.

By the way, can all you guys that know the parks are safe please tell me what the next Powerball numbers will be. I could really use the cash
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the best info I have on this.  I was there last Fall and they carefully check all of your bags (even camera bags).  I did not see any metal detectors or wands in use.  I also did not see any "no guns" signs.  I did not carry there and we have at least one member here who is a WDW cast member.  If WDW catches you carrying in the parks they will kick you out and cancel your ticket.  If you have an annual pass this could cost you over $400.  

I don't feel the need to carry because I understand WDW has a large amount of undercover security in all the parks.  However, WDW is a top terrorism target.  I did not have a secure place to store a gun when not in use (I don't want to leave it in my vehicle, and the room safes at WDW have been robbed).  So you have to balance all of those things.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Some of you guys fucking kill me. Why would I want to carry in a theme park? In Disney no less? Oh shit...I don't know....maybe because my life or my family's life could somehow be put in danger and rather than have my johnson in my hand, I would much prefer a firearm. Since when did you all become fortune tellers that you now know where danger will not show up and when it won't? What? because I'm in the Magic Kingdom? please....

I'll be bringing my Kel Tec .380 with me and exercising my God given (and PA license, which Florida reciprocates)  right to carry.

By the way, can all you guys that know the parks are safe please tell me what the next Powerball numbers will be. I could really use the cash

No shit.  Bunch of smartass knowitalls---they remind me of people who think that anyone who goes faster than them on the road is a maniac and anyone who goes slower is an asshole.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
these threads crack me up
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty simple, if you get caught packing your felony fucked, so either obey their rules or dont go
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Pretty simple, if you get caught packing your felony fucked, so either obey their rules or dont go

Pretty simple:  you're wrong.  It wouldn't be a felony, they could only ask you to leave.  If you refused, THEN it would be a felony.  So either know what you're talking about or don't type.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It's hilarious that those who don't see a reason THEY would want to carry get their panties in such a wad that YOU would want to carry.  They need to learn the phrase "live and let live".  

Yes, they DO sound like fucking anti's in that they want to project their prejudices onto you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Dumbest post of the week.

Bob
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#9]
This reminds me of an Ugly Kid Joe song...something like: A killer on the loose?.

A theme park is a place to forget about the real world (same as a book).
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#10]
wow.....just.....wow
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm from Orlando.  Nobody's going to fuck with you at Disney.  It's a kids park.  Keep the gun at home.

And I've never been wanded.  They do search bags though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Look, if the fucking jihad descends on Disney while you and your family are there just hit the tunnels.  You have studied the plans for the tunnels, right?  They run everywhere.  You're just letting your family down if you don't study the plans for the tunnels.

And I fully expect that you'll bring a miniumum of 20 loaded magazines and two identical model pistols.  God for bid the first gun fails and the British tourists overrun your position.  Just remember to save one for yourself.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look, if the fucking jihad descends on Disney while you and your family are there just hit the tunnels.  You have studied the plans for the tunnels, right?  They run everywhere.  You're just letting your family down if you don't study the plans for the tunnels.

And I fully expect that you'll bring a miniumum of 20 loaded magazines and two identical model pistols.  God for bid the first gun fails and the British tourists overrun your position.  Just remember to save one for yourself.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm from Orlando.  Nobody's going to fuck with you at Disney.  It's a kids park.  Keep the gun at home.

Somebody remind me to review that "Remind me not to post in stupid threads" thread in the Team Members forum..... but...

What was the name of that school in Russia a couple years ago that was taken over by Chechan terrorists? Lots of casualties, as I recall. I mean, isn't a school a "kids park" or sorts? Isn't that the kind of place where the bastards make their biggest headlines?

WDW is the sort of place where you MUST carry. If nobody carries there, its the next Luby's Cafeteria waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody remind me to review that "Remind me not to post in stupid threads" thread in the Team Members forum..... but...

What was the name of that school in Russia a couple years ago that was taken over by Chechan terrorists? Lots of casualties, as I recall. I mean, isn't a school a "kids park" or sorts? Isn't that the kind of place where the bastards make their biggest headlines?

WDW is the sort of place where you MUST carry. If nobody carries there, its the next Luby's Cafeteria waiting to happen.

And now for something you'll really like:
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/the_disney_bloodlinept1.htm

Where do people come up with this stuff?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know what is better about this thread:

- People from out of state incorrectly telling state residents how their gun laws work

- People on a firearms board making fun of other people for wanting to carry concealed at a high profile tourist attraction

- CAR-10 having "...I will support and defend the constitution..." under his screenname while he chastises people for wanting to carry a firearm.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Of course Disney has a higher law.  Do you really need to ask?

To answer your thesis question - the consensus is that you don't really need to.  You and others might not like it but that's the consensus.

Do they wand?  Regular Days, regular guests?  NO.  Grad Nights? Hell Yes they do.

Bag checks only.

Lots of overt security, some noticeable covert security if you know what to look for.  Mostly unarmed.

Are theme parks a target? YES.  Do I worry at DL where I work part-time? No, unless I see the extra added security. AmI gonna tell you what that is and what to look for? Nope.

If I really thought it was an iminent threat, I'ld probably take appropriate actions.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I went a couple years ago with some friends who are the family of a well known millionaire (you'd know his name).

Long story short, these people get the royal treatment wherever they go.  So the head of security for the Hilton or whatever hotel we were at on Disney property, is talkin' to one of the people I was with, and they mention I had a concealed weapon.  "Thanks... didn't know they knew cause I didn't tell 'em I carried... must have seen it in the room or something."

So anyway, the security head was cool about it though, despite the fact that I was 21 years old and looked like I was 18.  He just said in a joking manner, "Oh, well please don't flash it, don't want you to get any hassle." Probably just saying that because I'm there with a millionaire's family. [

But anyway... all I ever seen 'em do the past 3 times I went is search people's bags when you go in the park. Nothing more. Never even saw 'em wand anyone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You REALLY think you're going to be able to use a firearm inside Disney world? Talk about liabilty waiting to happen. I have a carry permit and I wouldn't even think about firing a shot in a place so crowded.

I think you may want to re-think that mentality.

Let's assume you're married and you have your wife with you.  She's pregnant, shopping around, and this dude starts hacking away at the crowd with a real sword from the China store at Epcot., and he's screaming "I'm a mall Ninja! I'm a mall Ninja!"

So he's hacking away at the happiest place on earth, , and the sheeple are running everywhere as it would be, and your wife is only 5 feet from this guy and you know once he's done chopping little Jimmy's head off, along with his Goofy hat, he's going to turn around and whack your wife and your unborn child.

And you mean to tell me because of liability reasons you're just going to let her get chopped up?  

Hell no man!  You know as well as I do you'd draw, front-site, press, and to hell with whatever happens to you after that, at least your wife and baby are safe.

Sound extreme?  You hear about the axe wielding nut job 2 days ago in the news?  Same scenario.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:48:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You REALLY think you're going to be able to use a firearm inside Disney world? Talk about liabilty waiting to happen. I have a carry permit and I wouldn't even think about firing a shot in a place so crowded.

Definitely one of the few times I'd even consider carrying a frangible round.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:14:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Disney has a posted sign no firearms/weapons. They'll also give you the wand.

Are you friggin kidding me?

Their business, their rules.  Don't like it?  Don't go.

Do you SERIOUSLY think you are going to need a firearm to draw down on Donald Duck or Mr. Toad?

True, their prices are criminal, but when's the last time some terrorist attacked the Magic Kingdom?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:16:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, their prices are criminal, but when's the last time some terrorist attacked the Magic Kingdom?

It only takes ONCE to get you killed.

But I tend to agree with you in that if you don't like their rules, don't go. DO let them know why you aren't spending any money with them though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:22:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:27:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I tend to agree with you in that if you don't like their rules, don't go. DO let them know why you aren't spending any money with them though.

Agreed.  Listen, I'm not saying that it CAN'T happen.  But what are the odds?  There is "being concerned for your safety/family's safety" and then there is "being paranoid."

I know people who practically carry in their showers.  Who carry (against company rules) at work.  Who have multiple firearms, loaded, in every room of their house.

I have crunched the numbers and have decided that statistically I stand more of a chance of getting arrested/hassled/fired for carrying where I shouldn't than actually needing the firearm to stop an attack.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:30:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you may want to re-think that mentality.

Let's assume you're married and you have your wife with you.  She's pregnant, shopping around, and this dude starts hacking away at the crowd with a real sword from the China store at Epcot., and he's screaming "I'm a mall Ninja! I'm a mall Ninja!"

So he's hacking away at the happiest place on earth, , and the sheeple are running everywhere as it would be, and your wife is only 5 feet from this guy and you know once he's done chopping little Jimmy's head off, along with his Goofy hat, he's going to turn around and whack your wife and your unborn child.

And you mean to tell me because of liability reasons you're just going to let her get chopped up?  

Hell no man!  You know as well as I do you'd draw, front-site, press, and to hell with whatever happens to you after that, at least your wife and baby are safe.

Sound extreme?  You hear about the axe wielding nut job 2 days ago in the news?  Same scenario.

Ok... So we're worried about getting a firearm into Disney and Sammy Son-of-a-bitch has a 42" long  katana...

Reality is, you can't always have your weapon (.gov property) and sometimes you are best without it. Say you shot the guy with the sword, where does the round go after? Or if you miss, does some 12 year old get the luxury of catching it?

I know, this is the same argument that gun grabbers use on the street, but in a damn theme park it has legitimacy. Your ABSOLUTE last resort should be firing and in that case you should be comfortable in your protection without it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:40:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  Listen, I'm not saying that it CAN'T happen.  But what are the odds?  There is "being concerned for your safety/family's safety" and then there is "being paranoid."

What are the odds you'll EVER need your carry gun?  What are the odds you'll ever need your home fire extinguisher?  What are the odds you'll ever need your homeowner's insurance?
Sorry man, but your argument is weak.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yeah, just like no one is going to fuck with you at church, right?  
Someone like you is better off NEVER carrying.  You'll likely never need it, and you certainly don't have the mindset to defend yourself if you assume someplace is safe.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:50:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

What are the odds you'll EVER need your carry gun?  What are the odds you'll ever need your home fire extinguisher?  What are the odds you'll ever need your homeowner's insurance?

It is all about perspective and threat level.  I choose to occasionally carry (like when I walk my dogs, and then more for protection against strays) or in a bad area.  But I don't currently have a firearm within reach - I would have to go to another room.  That means that if suddenly a home invader kicked my door down and rushed in the house, I'd be at his mercy.  I don't carry at work, because if I did and got caught I'd lose my job.

True, I could pack everywhere, all the time, have one next to the toilet, in the shower, etc.  I could carry into a bar, in the courthouse (you know, there are times when courthouses get shot up), at the airport terminal, on the plane (you know, there are times planes get hijacked), etc.

My logic isn't necessarily weak - I just believe that some people here are almost WISHING for a "Draw Down" scenario to occur.  I don't really know why that is.

If you think your family might be in danger by going to Disney, then don't go.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is all about perspective and threat level.  I choose to occasionally carry (like when I walk my dogs, and then more for protection against strays) or in a bad area.  But I don't currently have a firearm within reach - I would have to go to another room.  That means that if suddenly a home invader kicked my door down and rushed in the house, I'd be at his mercy.  I don't carry at work, because if I did and got caught I'd lose my job.

True, I could pack everywhere, all the time, have one next to the toilet, in the shower, etc.  I could carry into a bar, in the courthouse (you know, there are times when courthouses get shot up), at the airport terminal, on the plane (you know, there are times planes get hijacked), etc.

My logic isn't necessarily weak - I just believe that some people here are almost WISHING for a "Draw Down" scenario to occur.  I don't really know why that is.

Your family might be in danger any time you go ANYWHERE, but you can't stop living---you PREPARE, just in case.  That's where your logic falls apart.  It isn't those areas you go where you know to be careful that will get you killed:  it's those areas where you think you're safe and thus let your guard down.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:56:37 AM EDT
[#30]
We spend a bit of time every year in Orlando and have been to just about all of the parks.

The theme parks are far from crime-free.  Especially if you're going to be there after dark, with areas like Universal CityWalk and Downtown Disney.  Of course if you're going to be in those places you need to take into account the FL laws regarding firearms and places that serve alcohol.

Also, the parking lots are less than secure, so walking alone with your family after dark on your way back to your car is a time when you should be paying attention.

Everyone always thinks of these theme parks and thinks of standing in line, kids eating cotton candy, smiles and laughter and fun in full daylight.  That's true, for most of the day.  But crime does happen in and around these theme parks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:04:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been to Disney, Sea World, and Kennedy Space Center any number of times.

Disney and Sea World will inspect your bags. Quickly and with minimum fuss, but they will. I have never so much as SEEN a wand, let alone seen anyone get wanded.

Soon after 9/11, I put my USP40C into my pocket (the shorts had big outside pockets) and just walked through both places.

Kennedy Space Center, OTOH, is like going through an airport screening. Bags and metal detectors. Don't even think about it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.  Bunch of smartass knowitalls---quote]

Hello pot?  this is kettle.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:08:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, besides your weak board-fu, you're also incorrect.  I am not the one telling people what they SHOULD do.  If you don't want to carry at a theme park, fine...don't.  I don't give a shit.  It's the know-it-alls who are telling people they are WRONG to carry at a theme park.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#34]
We went just after 9/11 no metal detectors, but they did look in every bag.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I've carried in Chuck E. Fuckin' Cheese before.

I prefer to have the option to protect my kids.

I haven't carried in the theme parks, but embarrasingly, that is more of a decision based on convenience.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#36]
REALM,

Im confused. How would they have been able to look in your room? Do they randomly search rooms while you are away? I dont understand how that security person would know you had a gun in the hotel room.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:45:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, just like no one is going to fuck with you at church, right?  
Someone like you is better off NEVER carrying.  You'll likely never need it, and you certainly don't have the mindset to defend yourself if you assume someplace is safe.

Just remember, The Lord helps those who help themselves! For those who think you should leave it home, Please do!If you feel you don't need it, don't take it! For those Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts (Don't want to leave the ladies out) You remember the motto,"Be prepared"
If you are going to carry, be shure you have taked appropiate training (I don't mean the NRA safety course) & practice senerio training on a regular basis.

I would rather have & not need, then need & not have!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Advice for visting Dismal World & the Tragic Kingdom:

Carry a 1.5L CamelBak, & a tin of asprin, Tylenol or BC powder

Sunscreen

Sunglasses

Good shoes/socks

Light loose fitting good breathing clothing, think hiking attire, velcro'ed pockets.

Travel light, no unneccessary crap, shed extra keys, crap in your wallet, crap in your pockets, cell phones. Carry a simple disposable camera.

Sub-compact Glock & stay off space mountain with it & use a secure deep concealment holster.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I honestly cannot beleive what I am reading. This has become the most delusional bunch of two bit panty waste sheep I have ever seen. Do you relaly think that its out of the realm of possibility that someone might just decide that for whatever reason they might want to walk into a place like disney and just shoot the place up? I mean, its not like people just walk into resturaunts or anything and start shooting people for no particular reason. Screw you and your sarcastic BS about jihad and crap. Get your freakingt head into the REAL FREAKIN WORLD. There are unstable people out there. There are BAD people out there. Guess you dont think I should carry at Denny's either. AFter all, what the the odds/chances that I'd ever need it there (or anywhere like it).
You people had better get your heads out of your collective defecation orifice. While your on the internet making jokes about jihadi's and ninja's invading theme parks, some nut case somewhere is deciding that he doesnt like the way he was treated somewhere and wants payback. Another one wants to commit suicide but cant do it himself, and figures suicide by cop is the only way, and what better way than to gurantee that than to be caught in the act of shooting up a bunch of people. And dont forget about billy bad ass who likes to beat his wife, who has recently divorced him and gotten custody of the kids, thus pissing him off, so he decides he'll show her and get rid of her and anyone else in his way while she is out for a day with the kids trying to start her life over again and put a little joy back in the kids lives. Oh, but wait, those kinds of things NEVER HAPPEN do they, oh omniscient ones. And innocent people never get caught in the middle do they. Wait, I forgot. Even if it did, places like Disney have all that great security and they will take care of me and protect me, just like my wonderful govt and police do. My how safe I feel now. I can just go merily along my way without a care in the world. Look at the daisy's, my arent they pretty today. La de da de da. God how I wish I could have the all knowing, all seeing, future reading abilities that so many of you seem to have.

We are done. Far too many of you people will hand them over and lick the first pair of boots that walk by. You are a bunch of blowhards behind a keyboard.

It would be one thing if something such as carrying concealed at Disney was illegal. but IT IS NOT. No way, no shape, no form, no how. There is not a single criminal statute that you can be charged with for carrying a concealed weapon with a valid permit. Yes, they can ask you to leave, but thats it. If you dont leave when asked, then that is a completely differnent subject and situation.
And because I know one of you  will say it, NO I am not saying you need to walk around like a paranoid schizophrenic. Just get your heads out of the sand.

Nice rant!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#42]
I was there last weekend with the wife and kids. I did not see any wands but they did look in every bag we had and I didn't notice any "no gun" signs but I assumed they were there somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their business, their rules.  Don't like it?  Don't go.

Do you SERIOUSLY think you are going to need a firearm to draw down on Donald Duck or Mr. Toad?

Yeah, and every passenger on those first two planes on 9/11 knew that hijackings just mean a delay and round trip to foreign country where the hijackers get off.

The reason the 9/11 attacks worked (with box cutters) was cause they SAID they had bombs and they said NO ONE WOULD GET HURT IF PEOPLE COOPERATED.  It hasn't happened again, and it never will. Look how many times something odd has happened in a plane since 9/11 and the passengers DIDN'T just sit back for the ride.

Disney is "the happiest place on earth", and next to a high rise building is probably one of the most densly populated areas for people with their guard down, especially on a nice summer day.

That Air Marshall that shot the guy fleeing the plan a few months ago with his bag... "when was the last time THAT happened prior to that incident?"

Sometimes people here simply amaze me with the double standard thinking.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
REALM,

Im confused. How would they have been able to look in your room? Do they randomly search rooms while you are away? I dont understand how that security person would know you had a gun in the hotel room.

No, no... one of the people I was staying with (the family of the millionaire), casually mentioned to the security head that I had a gun.  They were saying it more in a, "Well we know we're protected," kind of mentality.  No room searches by security... just a blabbing family I was with, and I didn't know the family was aware I was packing until they mentioned it to security.  :)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
why would you wanna carry in an amusement park?

You sheeple will never understand

Why would someone need to carry in a SoCal Denny's

Edit: I carried concealed at Disney last april. They searched my backpack but not my person. And I did not see any wands.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#46]
IRENE!  I SAY AGAIN, FUCKING IRENE!

Are you guys ALWAYS at DEFCON 1?  I swear, most of you are going to have heart attacks from the paranoia-induced stress of thinking you have to carry your firearms 24/7 on the extremely unlikely chance you may need to use it.

More power to you, and I pray to the gods above and below that you never have to use your gun in one of these extremely unlikely scenarios.  But for me, I'd rather live a more laid-back normal life and assess and prepare for threats based on likelihood rather than look at EVERY waking moment, action, person, and building as a haven or hotspot for terrorists and criminals.  Call me naive if you wish.  But hell, it seems to work for me.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No surprise you'd agree with him, given the fact you are the biggest one mocking people for being prepared.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
IRENE!  I SAY AGAIN, FUCKING IRENE!

Are you guys ALWAYS at DEFCON 1?  I swear, most of you are going to have heart attacks from the paranoia-induced stress of thinking you have to carry your firearms 24/7 on the extremely unlikely chance you may need to use it.

Dude, that's just horseshit.  That's like telling someone they're going to die of a heart attack from stress if they carry a fire extinguisher in their car.  Seriously, you need to check yourself here, because it isn't other people that have the problem on this.  I know I am not more stressed out when I carry any more than I am more stressed out when I have a pocket knife.  It's just part of my wardrobe.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I just believe that some people here are almost WISHING for a "Draw Down" scenario to occur.  I don't really know why that is.

1.  Owning multiple fire extinguishers must mean I want a car or house fire.

2.  Having access to an AED must mean I hope someone has a heart attack.

3.  Wearing my seatbelt must mean I want to have a car accident.

4.  I guess owning, possessing and carrying firearms must mean I want to blast someone, right?

If I knew the time, place and manner in which I would be a victim of a violent crime, I would make other plans.  However, I have none of that information and make sure I carry when I am legally permitted to do as such.  Having the means and ability to use force against violence does not mean I desire to use it.  I do not wish for a "Draw Down" scenario to occur and to state as such is a logical fallacy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#50]
You know, if we knew when and where we would be in danger, NONE of us would need to own or carry guns for self defense:  we could just avoid those places and times we knew we would be in danger.  The reason we carry guns is there is NO WAY of knowing when danger will strike.
That doesn't mean you spend every minute in fear, or in condition red; it means you remain prepared.  You have at your disposal the means with which to defend yourself.  There's nothing paranoid about it, it's simply prudent.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top