Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:59:01 PM EDT
can you do it if you are not an FFL? i understand the law, i just want to be sure it is the same with VA. never shipped a rifle there before, and i wanna stay on the safe side..................
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:01:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 6:02:17 PM EDT by SHIVAN]

Originally Posted By mtechgunman:
i understand the law, i just want to be sure it is the same with VA.

The law is Federal, yes you can send a firearm from yourself to an FFL in Virginia.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:02:48 PM EDT
To whom are you shipping it? As a rule it is leagal for the owner of the rifle to ship it to a qualified receipient (ffl holder, manufacturer,etc). It is also possible to be an illegal act depending on who is on the receiving end. Need to be more specific.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:04:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SHIVAN:

i understand the law, i just want to be sure it is the same with VA.

The law is Federal, yes you can send a firearm yourself to an FFL in Virginia.

that was what i thought, but when i received the FFL, they had instructions attatched to send a copy of my (non-existant, obviously) FFL with the rifle. should i just send the rifle anyways, and see what happens?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:04:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MisterC:
To whom are you shipping it? As a rule it is leagal for the owner of the rifle to ship it to a qualified receipient (ffl holder, manufacturer,etc). It is also possible to be an illegal act depending on who is on the receiving end. Need to be more specific.

sorry bout that, the rifle is traveling from me (citizen) to an FFL in virginia
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:05:48 PM EDT

that was what i thought, but when i received the FFL, they had instructions attatched to send a copy of my (non-existant, obviously) FFL with the rifle. should i just send the rifle anyways, and see what happens?

Some FFL's do not want to receive firearms from non-licensees. I would suggest you contact your buyer to get it figured out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:06:51 PM EDT
There are no laws preventing the owner from shipping a rifle to a FFL holder. Some FFL holders however, will not accept shipments from an non FFL.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:10:47 PM EDT
shit, i had a bad feeling about this all along. the shit head still hasn't paid me, its hard as hell to get a hold of him, and he told me his FFL was giving him shit to begin with. this sucks. why did i sell that rifle. fuck.
Top Top