Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 5:59:01 PM EDT
can you do it if you are not an FFL? i understand the law, i just want to be sure it is the same with VA. never shipped a rifle there before, and i wanna stay on the safe side..................
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i understand the law, i just want to be sure it is the same with VA.

The law is Federal, yes you can send a firearm from yourself to an FFL in Virginia.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
To whom are you shipping it? As a rule it is leagal for the owner of the rifle to ship it to a qualified receipient (ffl holder, manufacturer,etc). It is also possible to be an illegal act depending on who is on the receiving end. Need to be more specific.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i understand the law, i just want to be sure it is the same with VA.

The law is Federal, yes you can send a firearm yourself to an FFL in Virginia.

that was what i thought, but when i received the FFL, they had instructions attatched to send a copy of my (non-existant, obviously) FFL with the rifle. should i just send the rifle anyways, and see what happens?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
To whom are you shipping it? As a rule it is leagal for the owner of the rifle to ship it to a qualified receipient (ffl holder, manufacturer,etc). It is also possible to be an illegal act depending on who is on the receiving end. Need to be more specific.

sorry bout that, the rifle is traveling from me (citizen) to an FFL in virginia
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
that was what i thought, but when i received the FFL, they had instructions attatched to send a copy of my (non-existant, obviously) FFL with the rifle. should i just send the rifle anyways, and see what happens?

Some FFL's do not want to receive firearms from non-licensees.  I would suggest you contact your buyer to get it figured out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
There are no laws preventing the owner from shipping a rifle to a FFL holder. Some FFL holders however, will not accept shipments from an non FFL.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
shit, i had a bad feeling about this all along. the shit head still hasn't paid me, its hard as hell to get a hold of him, and he told me his FFL was giving him shit to begin with. this sucks. why did i sell that rifle. fuck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top