Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:10:55 PM EDT
I've pretty much been a fierce competitor as long as I can remember. No matter how trivial the game or competition, I end up putting everything I can into it and being extremely pissed if I'm on the losing end. If I end up the winner, I don't gloat or brag or anything, but am happy with the victory.

Case in point....tonight we had a basketball game (intramural) and I ended up being furious at my team for pretty much givin up when we were down by 5 with a minute to go. I didn't scream at anyone or anything, but finished up the game (we lost ) and walking back without saying a word to anyone.

Yes yes, I know, it's just a game, but I guess it's in my nature to be ridiculously competitive.

Anyone else like this?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm more fiercely competetive than you are!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm more fiercely competetive than you are!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah i have few friends and many enemy's on the track. git-r-done or get the black flag one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
We played the game called scene it at my bosses house one night.  I flew off the handle when my team didn't win.  I go overboard with my competivness sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm the king of fiercely competitive......

Came in 1st,3rd and 5th in a local circle jerk competition
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm very passive and uncompetitive.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]
These two ARFCOM tools can't seem to let the competition go...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437647
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm the boss, no compettition here
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm generally very laid back, but it burns my ass that I have finished either 4th or 5th (out of 500 riders) EVERY TIME I ride in this big local bike race - which is the only bike race I ride in.  Three years in a row now, I have tried to make it onto the podium, and every freakin' year I'm just barely out of medal contention!!  Last year, and the year before, I was freaking 4th place!!

But this is going to be the year !!!!     (... yeah, that's what I said last year, and the year before)

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#10]
It depends really. Sometimes yes, other times, well Yes

Like My Friends who Are HALO junkies...I try and get so Pissed because they always kick my ass. Oh well they are screen watching Bitches
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm generally very laid back, but it burns my ass that I have finished either 4th or 5th (out of 500 riders) EVERY TIME I ride in this big local bike race - which is the only bike race I ride in.  Three years in a row now, I have tried to make it onto the podium, and every freakin' year I'm just barely out of medal contention!!  Last year, and the year before, I was freaking 4th place!!

But this is going to be the year !!!!     (... yeah, that's what I said last year, and the year before)

You'll get it this year. Just start training!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]
When I was younger (20's) I only played for fun.  Now I HAVE to win and will play until I do so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
My relay team came in 6th in the "Big Boys Relay" when I was in 5th grade.  Didn't really bother me, though.  

I don't have a competitive bone in my body.  

I have the ribbon around here, somewhere....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I might be if I actually cared about anything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll admit I'm probably too competitive and often a perfectionist.  It can be good sometimes, but can also lead to unwarranted or particularly harsh self-criticism.  Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm fiercly competitive with myself if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I keep a running score of how many times i've beat my fiancee at ping-pong up on a big sheet of paper stapled to the wall in our living room.....it's currently at 24-4.

I'm very, very competitive.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#18]

I had a buddy in the army who broke up with his girlfriend (and refused to drive her home, so she had to walk to the bus station) because she couldn't answer a trivial pursuit question that he thought was easy - and so they lost a game to another couple.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I had a buddy in the army who broke up with his girlfriend (and refused to drive her home, so she had to walk to the bus station) because she couldn't answer a trivial pursuit question that he thought was easy - and so they lost a game to another couple.

Now that right there is the heart of a champion.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
These two ARFCOM tools can't seem to let the competition go...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437647

I WILL Win!!

<-----I guess I AM a bit competitive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top