Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:49:31 PM EDT
Ok... So in NY we had a very mild Feb. day, 50 degrees and sunny. So I got through with work a little early and decided to take my truck and get it washed, so I drive 10min. out of my way to the self serv car wash and find the line wrapped around the parking lot. I get in line and wait my turn (about 15min.) Well I have $30 in cash on me, a $10 and a $20, bummer, all I need is $5 in quarters to clean the rig. So I say "fuck it" and toss in the $10..... The damn machine spits out 3 quarters and makes a bad noise.... Red out of service light pops on... SHIT! The fucker ate $9.75 of mine and now I am stuck with the $20. No way in hell I am trying that in the only other quarter machine working.

So I pull out of the bay and drive down the street to a gas station where I but a coke and get change. Back to the line at the car wash.. Yeah, I know at this point I should have cut my losses and gone home but I was pissed and stubborn. I wait my 15min. and ironically pull in the same bay. Get up to the machines and get my money... Going good.

I ge to washing my truck thinking about all the car wash stories and chuckling to myself about all you tools on ARFCOM and my luck so far..... The freaking hose to the soap brush gets hung up on my bumper... I give it a yank and I hear "CRACK" Shit, I snapped a piece of plastic on the bumper cover...

I couldn't help but laugh. The stories here at ARFCOM just may have saved me from having a stroke today. You should have seen the looks on the people waiting in line. They must have thought I was crazy, I just busted my truck and I am standing there laughing. I also ended up getting soap in my eye to top off my wonderful car wash experience.

$14.25 car wash
        +
A broken bumper cover
        +
Soap in my eye
--------------------

= My 5000 post

Thanks ARFCOM for the 3 1/2 years of good times. Keep em comming.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Congrats on 5000 Z!

eta: Angels are going to KICK Yankee ass this season...

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on 5K!

But

no drawing down? You should have drawn down on the quarter machine...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok... So in NY we had a very mild Feb. day, 50 degrees and sunny. So I got through with work a little early and decided to take my truck and get it washed, so I drive 10min. out of my way to the self serv car wash and find the line wrapped around the parking lot. I get in line and wait my turn (about 15min.) Well I have $30 in cash on me, a $10 and a $20, bummer, all I need is $5 in quarters to clean the rig. So I say "fuck it" and toss in the $10..... The damn machine spits out 3 quarters and makes a bad noise.... Red out of service light pops on... SHIT! The fucker ate $9.75 of mine and now I am stuck with the $20. No way in hell I am trying that in the only other quarter machine working.

So I pull out of the bay and drive down the street to a gas station where I but a coke and get change. Back to the line at the car wash.. Yeah, I know at this point I should have cut my losses and gone home but I was pissed and stubborn. I wait my 15min. and ironically pull in the same bay. Get up to the machines and get my money... Going good.

I am washing my car thinking about all the car wash stories and chuckling to myself about all you tools on ARFCOM and my luck so far..... The freaking hose to the soap brush get hng up on my bumper... I give it a yank and I hear "CRACK" Shit, I snapped a piece of plastic on the bumper cover...

I couldn't help but laugh. The stories here at ARFCOM just may have saved me from having a stroke today. You should have seen the looks on the people waiting in line. They must have thought I was crazy, I just busted my truck and I am standing there laughing. I also ended up getting soap in my eye to top off my wonderful car wash experience.

$14.25 car wash
        +
A broken bumper cover
        +
Soap in my eye
--------------------

= My 5000 post

Thanks ARFCOM for the 3 1/2 years of good times. Keep em comming.  

i thought the max is only $5 bills for quarter machines? I never saw one that took $10?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
-5 for no draw down.

+10 for msking car wash post 5k.

Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#5]
When in a carwash, always remember to- Draw Down!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

i thought the max is only $5 bills for quarter machines? I never saw one that took $10?

These two machines were good up to $20
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You should have drawn down on the quarter machine...

I almost forgot... This old timer behiend me with a Navy hat on saw me lose my $$ in the machine. He looks at me and says, "Only one way to get that back........ With a sledge hammer"

I chuckled.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#9]
What kind of carwash story is this ? No college aged girls on all fours and bending over while vacuuming out their cars' floorboards.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats.  on the 5k.  

I usually wait till spring time to wash my car.  All that spring rain cleans the car off real nice  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#11]
What?  No draw down??  Pshhh.  Next time, wash your truck at home.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ahh, CA vs. NY... it's kinda like choosing between Trotsky and Stalin.

In any case, you should have Drawn Down on the soap brush.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Congrats on 5000 Z!

I love the little competition we have.... Never change D, you rock!!
Now that I got the mushy shit out of the way... The Yanks are going to kick the snot out of those west coast losers. Want to bet?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
.... and toss in the $10..... The damn machine spits out 3 quarters and makes a bad noise.... Red out of service light pops on... SHIT! The fucker ate $9.75 ...  

Having a hard time following your math
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#15]
DUPE!!!!      

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=420373

Congrats on 5K  !
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Now that I got the mushy shit out of the way... The Yanks are going to kick the snot out of those west coast losers. Want to bet?

Game ON!

Same bet as last year...whichever team goes furthest is the winner.

Pic on GD with the winning teams hat or jersey, and a 6 pack of beer?

BRING IT!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.... and toss in the $10..... The damn machine spits out 3 quarters and makes a bad noise.... Red out of service light pops on... SHIT! The fucker ate $9.75 ...  

$10 - (3x.25) = $9.25

Sorry teaher.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$10 - (3x.25) = $9.25

Sorry teaher.

You did that on purpose didn't ya?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Oh, you're a real Yankees fan?

I guess there's no accounting for taste.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Game ON!

Same bet as last year...whichever team goes furthest is the winner.

Pic on GD with the winning teams hat or jersey, and a 6 pack of beer?

BRING IT!!

Best season average if neither makes it into post season. Best post season average if they both make it. If one makes it and the other doesn't they win automatically.  

Posted jersey pics and a 6er to the winner. Deal.

For all those that don't know of last years bet.... Don't ask.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$10 - (3x.25) = $9.25

Sorry teaher.

You did that on purpose didn't ya?

I'll never tell
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that I got the mushy shit out of the way... The Yanks are going to kick the snot out of those west coast losers. Want to bet? hr

Oh, you're a real Yankees fan?

I guess there's no accounting for taste.

If only y'all figgered out it was the World Champion Chcago White Sox who will repeat again, then we wouldn't have to ahve the discussions...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

But I may tell anyway...

For those who don't know...This was tacked in GD!!

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=399033

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I may tell anyway...

One of the darker moments of my life.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I may tell anyway...

You're a Duckies fan?!   awww how cute!    
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You're a Duckies fan?!   awww how cute!    

YES! The team colors are really pretty....

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Just because it was funny as hell.......
This was the pic assoiated with the above link

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Interesting.

Where I come from, good car wash stories involve tight white t-shirts and lots of suds.

But this was still entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:38:27 AM EDT
[#29]
congrats, hope post 6000 turns out better for ya
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Interesting.

Where I come from, good car wash stories involve tight white t-shirts and lots of suds.

But this was still entertaining.

HA, it's pretty cold up here still for something like that but hey, a man can wish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top