Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/6/2006 10:50:15 PM EDT
Behold

400-grain solid brass, boat-tail, projectial. Muzzle velocity of Mach 3, stays supersonic past 2500 yards, 1/2 inch MOA or better.....

Commies ban the .50 cal and get fucked with an even more powerful cartridge

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
That is awesome!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That guy really is the best thing to happen to gun owners this century.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

Wish I had the $$$$ to support him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
BARRETT FUCK YEAH!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]

A big fuck you CA libtards and gun-grabbers!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1. God bless him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
That's going on top of the birthday list.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
so what case did they use to develop this .416barrett? Is it just a necked down .50BMG case or what
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
.50BMG necked down to .40 caliber. That'll come in handy.

And a big UP YOURS to the gun grabbing Caliban!

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I just looked at the Barrett site, where did you find that?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#12]
If they're as good a rifle as claimed (and there's no reason to doubt), I hope the military buys them by the trainload.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
.50BMG necked down to .40 caliber. That'll come in handy.

And a big UP YOURS to the gun grabbing Caliban!

ITS NECKED DOWN??? HOLY SH*T!!! Now they are gonna have to worry about people taking down satellites with it!!!

Barrett has some set of balls on him.. Wish all gun manufacturers would follow his lead.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Wonder what the barrel life is on it......

Speaking of, whats the barrel life of a .50??
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Counting seconds till the governator signs the next ban bill.

Good on ya, Ronnie. I wish I could buy one just to say FU to Kalifornistan.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

American Rifleman
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#17]
tagged to find out the price
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

American Rifleman

Ah, I see.

That reminds me, I'm a NRA life member and I haven't seen an American Rifleman in months. Time to make a phone call.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#19]
he is also smart that he realizes that CA is a HUGE market in the gun world.  if you cut out CA i bet you lose 50% of your sales.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Counting seconds till the governator signs the next ban bill.

Good on ya, Ronnie. I wish I could buy one just to say FU to Kalifornistan.

How? what is he gonna do? BAN 40 cal ammo too? I dont think he will or can... ANOTHER BAN in CA?

But then again... .. You may be right.

You gotta love Barretts perseverance though
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
he is also smart that he realizes that CA is a HUGE market in the gun world.  if you cut out CA i bet you lose 50% of your sales.

Dude I need to see statistics or Im going to have to say " lay off the crack"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, what is the price on these?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm *very* skeptical Kalifornia accounts for that many sales. In fact, I bet Kalifornia is a small, very small, majority of gun purchases.
I could be completely wrong, but I'd be suprised if Kalifornia accounted for even 5% of gun sales for any 1 manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm *very* skeptical Kalifornia accounts for that many sales. In fact, I bet Kalifornia is a small, very small, majority of gun purchases.
I could be completely wrong, but I'd be suprised if Kalifornia accounted for even 5% of gun sales for any 1 manufacturer.

yeah i guess the fact tha CA pretty much caused stag to run out of lowers in 5 days shows no buying power whatsoever.

it is a HUGE market, trust me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah i guess the fact tha CA pretty much caused stag to run out of lowers in 5 days shows no buying power whatsoever.

I'm even more skeptical.
Do you have some links for these claims?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem is that a lot of our por gunners are escaping to AZ!!! HOW THE F**K HAVE YOU BEEN MAN??

Remember Pang1179 at Burro Cyn? He also escaped to AZ as well last month.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#27]
well, i found the 2004 numbers from the state of ca

"sales of firearms during 2004 increased to 315,065 from 290,376 in 2003"
www.ag.ca.gov/newsalerts/2005/05-018.htm
"remain at an all time low"

ok, now to find the numbers of other states..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and there was a UFO behind the hale bop comet. "trust me"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#29]
well if they do ban it then he will just have to neck down the 50bmg to 22cal.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope he remembers not to sell it to the state...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
well, i found the 2004 numbers from the state of ca

"sales of firearms during 2004 increased to 315,065 from 290,376 in 2003"
www.ag.ca.gov/newsalerts/2005/05-018.htm
"remain at an all time low"

ok, now to find the numbers of other states..

But remember that companies like Barret sell to most the entire world. You still have to tell us that california is half of all their sales
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That's going on top of the birthday list.

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#33]
cali population is 33.8 million.  dont assume they all hate guns.

i just aint finding any other compilation of state firearms sales for the rest of the US.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Problem is that a lot of our por gunners are escaping to AZ!!! HOW THE F**K HAVE YOU BEEN MAN??

Remember Pang1179 at Burro Cyn? He also escaped to AZ as well last month.

been doing great.. yeah, i saw that he is comin here for school.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
cali population is 33.8 million.  dont assume they all hate guns.

i just aint finding any other compilation of state firearms sales for the rest of the US.

I think Troy did a sales by manufacturer thread on AR15 sales. It was in the AR15 section, and was quite some time back. I thought it might have been stickied but it wasnt. The crappy thing is is that i was subscribed to the thread but removed it earlier tonight of all times.

If memory serves, then entire sales of guns to Kali represents 4 times the AR15's sold by Colt alone. Now your talking every gun sold in Kali vs one model of firearm by one manufacturer....Granted, a large manufacturer but none the less........
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I will say this about the gun buying power of Cali....

Have you ever hunted in Ca?

There is some GREAT HUNTING there and believe it or not, there are ALOT of hunters, from Coyote hunting clubs to a very serious SCI CLUB and many other hunting orgs. Many hunters like to shoot rec firearms too, like the rest of us residing outside of Ca.

I know do ALOT of hunting, and talk to even more hunters at the SCI shows and I will say this, Ca buys more guns then most would think, no I dont have stats, but I am there and if you hunt, especially in the region like AZ, NV, OR and Wa State, then you already knew this, hell hunters love to buy guns just like the ARFCOM crowd, hell everyone gets sick of hunting with the ole 30-30 grandaddy passed down....  Im glad Ron B has went out of his way to create a propritary round which will basically stick it to the friggin Liberals in Ca.  I bet that 416 round would be AWESOME on high plains boars in Ca.  Oh god, I get giddy just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I just kindof wish that Serbu and Barrett had chosen to go with the same round.

Serbu went with the .510 DTC.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#38]
God I love it when Ronnie gets bored and kicks these fuckers in the nuts...again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I will say this about the gun buying power of Cali....

Have you ever hunted in Ca?

There is some GREAT HUNTING there and believe it or not, there are ALOT of hunters, from Coyote hunting clubs to a very serious SCI CLUB and many other hunting orgs. Many hunters like to shoot rec firearms too, like the rest of us residing outside of Ca.

I know do ALOT of hunting, and talk to even more hunters at the SCI shows and I will say this, Ca buys more guns then most would think, no I dont have stats, but am there and if you hunt, especially in the region like AZ, NV, OR and Wa State, then you already knew this.  Im glad Ron B has went out of his way to create a propritary round which will basically stick it to the friggin Liberals in Ca.  I bet that 416 round would be AWESOME on high plains boars in Ca.  Oh god, I get giddy just thinking about it.

I'm not saying Kali doesnt buy guns, not by any stretch.
I'm simply saying I would be suprised if gun sales in Kali were higher then any other area in the country. Trust me, Kali isnt the only place with good hunting.
So I wont argue that Kali buys its fair share of guns. But I doubt its any higher then any other place in the country, and I'm pretty damnedf skeptical kali would account for 50% of sales for any 1 manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Can't ban something you don't understand, liberals.

Nicely done Ronnie!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#43]
If someone wants to know the answer to the Calif sales question. Why doesnt someone just ask Ronnie this weekend??
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#44]
$3,718.21
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
If someone wants to know the answer to the Calif sales question. Why doesnt someone just ask Ronnie this weekend??

HA, good point, Im leaving for shot tomorrow, I will ask him about how much of his sales percentage comes from Ca.  I also want a 416 for hog hunting...so I can ask a legit question before I ask him the Ca one.  I will post back here thurs or friday on what I get per a reply from him.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:35:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Trust me, Kali isnt the only place with good hunting.

Damn right, I love those Nebraska Whitetails and Mulies

I almost went to KU Law School, just because of the sheer hunting oppertunities...however Texas edged em out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:43:26 AM EDT
[#47]
You just gotta love Ronnie Barrett.

- rem
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I almost went to KU Law School, just because of the sheer hunting oppertunities...however Texas edged em out.

Nebraska does have nice deer.
better then those large dog varieties found in Texas.......
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:09:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nebraska does have nice deer.
better then those large dog varieties found in Texas.......

HAHA yea...Yea Texas deer dont come close to Ne or KS deer, I was born in Wichita, KS and lived in NE for 6 years.  I will say this, those corn feed animals sure do get big.

My problem is, NE doesnt have hogs...yet.  I went to Texas for the hogs and I cant get enough, esp with a big bore AR.  Must try this 416 on one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Can't ban something you don't understand, liberals.

No, but they can keep banning things until they get it right.

Just wait till they ban based on muzzle energy, effectively killing anything in the range of a .50

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top