Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 7:54:59 PM EDT
Because some dumb little girl hit me and a few other things. I'm getting 1800 bucks this week. About half is accounted for already. Leaves me about 900 bucks to throw at the toy shop. No one is getting a penny unless you have something to sell me. I'd like a scoped accurized M1A or Bolt gun but don't have enough money. So what would you do with it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:55:40 PM EDT
hookers and blow
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:56:15 PM EDT
Tactical Tailor shopping spree.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:57:14 PM EDT
You can get a pretty decent bolt gun for $900.

Then you just have to buy optics :)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MshakeMO:
You can get a pretty decent bolt gun for $900.

Then you just have to buy optics :)

I want a package. I'd like to build a flat top RRA carbine but I don't wanna have to buy 2 kits and I'd have to after I messed the first one up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:02:05 PM EDT
What's the intended purpose for the bolt gun? Hunting?

Ruger M77 All-Weather stainless/synthetic in .270 or 7mm mag.
Redfield Widefield 3x9.

You should have enough change to get some shells too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:02:38 PM EDT
Me? Stash away 500 for the next MH group buy, pick up 10 mags and a case of ammo and a 12 pack of good beer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 8:03:51 PM EDT by DK-Prof]

Roth IRA

... or a couple of CMP garands

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:04:11 PM EDT
Ammo.

Or you could buy some SHTF stuff.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:06:29 PM EDT
Invest it.

Or perpetuate the "faults of one should be paid by others" and go for the big bucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:08:56 PM EDT
tac-16 supressor
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:12:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GoGop:
What's the intended purpose for the bolt gun? Hunting?

Ruger M77 All-Weather stainless/synthetic in .270 or 7mm mag.
Redfield Widefield 3x9.

You should have enough change to get some shells too.

Uhm, killing them 400-700 yards before they can kill me. And punching paper. Huntings covered. A good carbine or a good precision rifle aren't.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:16:44 PM EDT
Invest it for a year or two and then use that money to buy a cool gun. I mean if you know you can have a free XYZ gun in two years, can you not wait those two years so that money can grow in a investment for you?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:19:17 PM EDT
Savage 10F .308 and you will have close to $400.00 left for optics.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:23:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LonePathfinder:
Invest it for a year or two and then use that money to buy a cool gun. I mean if you know you can have a free XYZ gun in two years, can you not wait those two years so that money can grow in a investment for you?

Yeah, I could, but I need a better SHTF weapon than I have right now. I have a decent 12 ga but I need some sort of good carbine or precision rifle, I prefer a carbine but want to get out of it pretty cheap. I've been told I could build an RRA carbine for under 600 but I've never built one before.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:26:23 PM EDT
See if you could get a couple of chicks to double up on you. They like guys with money.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:27:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KillAgain:
See if you could get a couple of chicks to double up on you. They like guys with money.

Thats what I'd do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:28:05 PM EDT
Use it for Bail...After you get arrested for masturbating at a downtown bus stop at noon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

Yeah, I could, but I need a better SHTF weapon than I have right now. I have a decent 12 ga but I need some sort of good carbine or precision rifle, I prefer a carbine but want to get out of it pretty cheap. I've been told I could build an RRA carbine for under 600 but I've never built one before.

Build it, there's nothing to it.

Easy as.... PIE
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 8:32:43 PM EDT by LonePathfinder]

Hey I only got a Mini-14 at the moment. Good enough to keep me alive, and doing it Mr. T style while at it!

Well in that case I would:

Buy a stripped lower for less than ~100 (figure right around 100 with transfers)
Buy a lower parts kit (everything, milspec, no fancy stock, M4 car stock etc)

Buy a prebuilt upper. Hell even buying a complete upper and complete lower is cheaper than the whole rifle and all you are doing is attaching the two together.

RRA complete lower half: 285
RRA UTE car complete upper: 560

Thats 845 right there, already cheaper than the same damn thing put together off their sight. You can shave money buy assemblying your own lower half from a LPK, stock and reciever. Buy a stripped reciever and a LPK and get a used generic stock off EE. Shave a 100 bucks off right there for a quality weapon.

I would still invest it though. If you got this far with what you got (weapon wise), two years or a year really isnt all that long, and could get you an extra couple a hundred so you can afford some goodies like an optic, a light etc. I mean look at it this way. Both options are a free gun. The invest and wait option is a free gun plus free goodies with it.

The third option is a cheap AK and invest the rest for a longer term like five years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:35:54 PM EDT

Hey I only got a Mini-14 at the moment. Good enough to keep me alive, and doing it Mr. T style while at it!

Well in that case I would:

Buy a stripped lower for less than ~100 (figure right around 100 with transfers)
Buy a lower parts kit (everything, milspec, no fancy stock, M4 car stock etc)

Buy a prebuilt upper. Hell even buying a complete upper and complete lower is cheaper than the whole rifle and all you are doing is attaching the two together.

RRA complete lower half: 285
RRA UTE car complete upper: 560

Thats 845 right there, already cheaper than the same damn thing put together off their sight. You can shave money buy assemblying your own lower half from a LPK, stock and reciever. Buy a stripped reciever and a LPK and get a used generic stock off EE. Shave a 100 bucks off right there for a quality weapon.

I would still invest it though. If you got this far with what you got (weapon wise), two years or a year really isnt all that long, and could get you an extra couple a hundred so you can afford some goodies like an optic, a light etc. I mean look at it this way. Both options are a free gun. The invest and wait option is a free gun plus free goodies with it.

The third option is a cheap AK and invest the rest for a longer term like five years.

I haven't gotten along like this. I had to sell a lot of stuff after the divorce <---for missing guns not the divorce. I don't feel comfortable with the option of waiting. I may try to move some around to get some more into the gun fund. I need to magically find someone that has the DEA RRA carbine and needs 50 bucks for crack lol
Top Top