Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 7:54:59 PM EDT
Because some dumb little girl hit me and a few other things.  I'm getting 1800 bucks this week.  About half is accounted for already.  Leaves me about 900 bucks to throw at the toy shop.  No one is getting a penny unless you have something to sell me.  I'd like a scoped accurized M1A or Bolt gun but don't have enough money.  So what would you do with it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
hookers and blow
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Tactical Tailor shopping spree.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get a pretty decent bolt gun for $900.

Then you just have to buy optics :)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can get a pretty decent bolt gun for $900.

Then you just have to buy optics :)

I want a package.  I'd like to build a flat top RRA carbine but I don't wanna have to buy 2 kits and I'd have to after I messed the first one up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the intended purpose for the bolt gun? Hunting?

Ruger M77 All-Weather stainless/synthetic in .270 or 7mm mag.
Redfield Widefield 3x9.

You should have enough change to get some shells too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Me? Stash away 500 for the next MH group buy, pick up 10 mags and a case of ammo and a 12 pack of good beer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Roth IRA

... or a couple of CMP garands

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Ammo.

Or you could buy some SHTF stuff.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Invest it.

Or perpetuate the "faults of one should be paid by others" and go for the big bucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
tac-16 supressor
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What's the intended purpose for the bolt gun? Hunting?

Ruger M77 All-Weather stainless/synthetic in .270 or 7mm mag.
Redfield Widefield 3x9.

You should have enough change to get some shells too.

Uhm, killing them 400-700 yards before they can kill me.  And punching paper.  Huntings covered.  A good carbine or a good precision rifle aren't.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Invest it for a year or two and then use that money to buy a cool gun.  I mean if you know you can have a free XYZ gun in two years, can you not wait those two years so that money can grow in a investment for you?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Savage 10F .308 and you will have close to $400.00 left for optics.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Invest it for a year or two and then use that money to buy a cool gun.  I mean if you know you can have a free XYZ gun in two years, can you not wait those two years so that money can grow in a investment for you?

Yeah, I could, but I need a better SHTF weapon than I have right now.  I have a decent 12 ga but I need some sort of good carbine or precision rifle,  I prefer a carbine but want to get out of it pretty cheap. I've been told I could build an RRA carbine for under 600 but I've never built one before.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#15]
See if you could get a couple of chicks to double up on you.  They like guys with money.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
See if you could get a couple of chicks to double up on you.  They like guys with money.

Thats what I'd do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Use it for Bail...After you get arrested for masturbating at a downtown bus stop at noon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I could, but I need a better SHTF weapon than I have right now.  I have a decent 12 ga but I need some sort of good carbine or precision rifle,  I prefer a carbine but want to get out of it pretty cheap. I've been told I could build an RRA carbine for under 600 but I've never built one before.

Build it, there's nothing to it.

Easy as....   PIE
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey I only got a Mini-14 at the moment.  Good enough to keep me alive, and doing it Mr. T style while at it!

Well in that case I would:

Buy a stripped lower for less than ~100 (figure right around 100 with transfers)
Buy a lower parts kit (everything, milspec, no fancy stock, M4 car stock etc)

Buy a prebuilt upper.  Hell even buying a complete upper and complete lower is cheaper than the whole rifle and all you are doing is attaching the two together.

RRA complete lower half: 285
RRA UTE car complete upper: 560

Thats 845 right there, already cheaper than the same damn thing put together off their sight.  You can shave money buy assemblying your own lower half from a LPK, stock and reciever.  Buy a stripped reciever and a LPK and get a used generic stock off EE.  Shave a 100 bucks off right there for a quality weapon.

I would still invest it though.  If you got this far with what you got (weapon wise), two years or a year really isnt all that long, and could get you an extra couple a hundred so you can afford some goodies like an optic, a light etc.  I mean look at it this way.  Both options are a free gun.  The invest and wait option is a free gun plus free goodies with it.

The third option is a cheap AK and invest the rest for a longer term like five years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey I only got a Mini-14 at the moment.  Good enough to keep me alive, and doing it Mr. T style while at it!

Well in that case I would:

Buy a stripped lower for less than ~100 (figure right around 100 with transfers)
Buy a lower parts kit (everything, milspec, no fancy stock, M4 car stock etc)

Buy a prebuilt upper.  Hell even buying a complete upper and complete lower is cheaper than the whole rifle and all you are doing is attaching the two together.

RRA complete lower half: 285
RRA UTE car complete upper: 560

Thats 845 right there, already cheaper than the same damn thing put together off their sight.  You can shave money buy assemblying your own lower half from a LPK, stock and reciever.  Buy a stripped reciever and a LPK and get a used generic stock off EE.  Shave a 100 bucks off right there for a quality weapon.

I would still invest it though.  If you got this far with what you got (weapon wise), two years or a year really isnt all that long, and could get you an extra couple a hundred so you can afford some goodies like an optic, a light etc.  I mean look at it this way.  Both options are a free gun.  The invest and wait option is a free gun plus free goodies with it.

The third option is a cheap AK and invest the rest for a longer term like five years.

I haven't gotten along like this. I had to sell a lot of stuff after the divorce <---for missing guns not the divorce.  I don't feel comfortable with the option of waiting.  I may try to move some around to get some more into the gun fund.  I need to magically find someone that has the DEA RRA carbine and needs 50 bucks for crack lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top