Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:01:22 PM EDT
Was helping my son move to his new house (yes, I bought him a new house with part of my settlement money) and took a bunch of old junk to the trash dump.  Was off-loading the crap and noticed something off to the side of the truck beside a busted up old chest of drawers.

I kicked the front of the busted up drawer over and, lo-and-behold, an old colt revolver.  It is in absolutely beautiful condition.  Wonderful patina and bluing.  It's a keeper !!!  Put it in my truck and kicked around the old chest for any other treasures.  Found a bunch of old personal papers.  The previous owner must have missed it when he threw away the chest.

My lucky day.

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Umm, you know better dammit...

PICS!!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, that happens to me all the time.

rummaging around the dump, find old furniture with weapons inside.  So far I have found an AR, two AKs, an RPG, and a russian suitcase nuke.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

rummaging around the dump, find old furniture with weapons inside.  So far I have found an AR, two AKs, an RPG, and a russian suitcase nuke.  

You only found ONE suitcase nuke!?!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That nuke is mine BTW.... Ill IM you my address so you can send it back...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
was probably a murder weapon that someone discarded to rid themselves of the evidence
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Since you're rich now and can afford to buy one why not raffle it off to a lucky ARFCOM member?

GR
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By lawdog

My lucky day.

lawdog

must be
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a once in a lifetime thing for sure.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
FieroLoki:
That nuke is mine BTW.... Ill IM you my address so you can send it back

I already shipped it to a post office in Iran.  Your can pick it up there in a few weeks, if you walk around with a vacuum cleaner for about two years
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
tag for pics
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#11]
lawdog: Congrads  The Colt gods must've been watching you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Well lets see it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Or you could do the honorable thing and Try to find the owner and return it. you said that there was personal papers in the drawers as well.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Obviously you'll want to get a cop friend to run the serial number just in case.

<envy dripping from my pores>
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#15]
or you guys could just search for other lawdog threads
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#16]
The original owner lives in south florida.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This guy is a verified

Has your truck load of money arrived at your doublewide?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Umm, you know better dammit...

PICS!!!!

Yep, won’t believe a word till I see some pics!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I bet the cops would love to get that murder piece back.  Its wanted in a suspected shooting for sure.

just me ing
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm fairly new here but even I have read enough "Lawdog Stories" to know that this....

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Dig around some more... maybe you'll find the dead, semi-nude, bullet ridden corpse of the previous gun owners wife buried amongst the hidden treasures.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Or you could do the honorable thing and Try to find the owner and return it. you said that there was personal papers in the drawers as well.

No being in a dump means intent to disguard, finders keepers....stupid hurts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nnooooooo........

Getting caught with a stolen gun hurts.

Or even worse, getting caught with a murder weapon hurts even more....in the butt
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I never did find any guns in a landfill but I sure found a bunch fishing from all those 'boating accidents' I keep readind about here. all kidding and aside. I wonder how many guns were lost due to the hurricanes. I seen whole houses washed away. some of them with people in them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Was helping my son move to his new house (yes, I bought him a new house with part of my settlement money) and took a bunch of old junk to the trash dump.  Was off-loading the crap and noticed something off to the side of the truck beside a busted up old chest of drawers.

I kicked the front of the busted up drawer over and, lo-and-behold, an old colt revolver.  It is in absolutely beautiful condition.  Wonderful patina and bluing.  It's a keeper !!!  Put it in my truck and kicked around the old chest for any other treasures.  Found a bunch of old personal papers.  The previous owner must have missed it when he threw away the chest.

My lucky day.

lawdog

Right.

On 1/13/06 you posted this:

Not bragging... really... I'm not. I got hurt on-the-job (disabled) and I'm to receive a whole lot of money real soon (don't ask 'cause I ain't sayin' how much... but it is ALOT!!!!).

What would you do with a truckload of $$$$$ ???? Buy gold? Invest in a bunch of class III stuff?? Buy stocks/bonds?? Invest in a business venture??? Buy one of every kind of cool rifles/pistols?? Maybe give a big contribution to the church/poor ???

I've never been in this situation before in my life and it kind of scares me. I like my house, car and motorcycle so I don't want or need any modes of transportation. Help me decide what to do with it, please. (settlement papers are being drawn up and should be disbursed in about 30-45 days).

lawdog (white trash with money)

...and today you've already bought a house and are moving in?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Troll formula: mix one part clean_cut + one part blaze-of-glory; stir shit well; post.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#30]

You guys are soooooo suspicious and think everyone is a liar.  I went to my bank and talked with a loan officer.  They agreed to give me a line of credit based upon the settlement that is to be done soon with the stipulation that the proceeds will be deposited in my new bank account there.  They confirmed the settlement and amount with my lawyers.  I was issued a letter of credit.

I can't discuss the terms of the settlement (confidentiality agreement) but suffice it to say that the amount exceeds $2.5M with 40% going to my attorneys.  Once settlement papers are signed the check from the insurance co. has to be deposited into the laywers trust account for 10 days to give the check time to clear (like a well-known insurance co. is going to write a bad check!!).  Once the 10 days are past then the funds are to be transferred to my Wachovia account.  

I bought my only son a new home and I'm going to pay off all my debts and get myself a few new "toys".  The rest will be invested for me by a wealth manager.

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#31]
So you are going to end up with roughly 1.3 million.....and you are digging in a dump?

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You guys are soooooo suspicious and think everyone is a liar.  I went to my bank and talked with a loan officer.  They agreed to give me a line of credit based upon the settlement that is to be done soon with the stipulation that the proceeds will be deposited in my new bank account there.  They confirmed the settlement and amount with my lawyers.  I was issued a letter of credit.

I can't discuss the terms of the settlement (confidentiality agreement) but suffice it to say that the amount exceeds $2.5M with 40% going to my attorneys.  Once settlement papers are signed the check from the insurance co. has to be deposited into the laywers trust account for 10 days to give the check time to clear (like a well-known insurance co. is going to write a bad check!!).  Once the 10 days are past then the funds are to be transferred to my Wachovia account.  

I bought my only son a new home and I'm going to pay off all my debts and get myself a few new "toys".  The rest will be invested for me by a wealth manager.

lawdog

good for you if this is true.  now can you buy a $10.00 camera and post some damn pics of this gun?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lawdog

good for you if this is true.  now can you buy a $10.00 camera and post some damn pics of this gun?

It is not true he is a LIAR.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Wont believe it till i see some pics. If its true and you dont have a camera you can send me the gun ill take pics and post them .
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#35]
tag
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

want some tylenol
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I wasn't "digging" in the trash at the landfill.  My kid threw away a bunch of old stuff to move.  I may be "loaded" but I'm not a stuck-up, snotty, a##-hole who thinks they are better than everyone else.  Yes... I take trash to the dump just like everyone else does.  I'm not a "hoity-toity"... I liked helping my kid.

As for the Colt, I read several of the replies and thought it was a good idea to talk to the police.  I took it to the precinct nearest to my house and they are to run the serial number for stolen and to see if they can locate the owner.  If it isn't stolen and no one claims it, they said I get to keep it.  When it is returned to me (if it is) then I'll show some pics.

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#38]
A work related injury that got you 2.3 million dolla? was larry h. parker your atty?

No way in hell you got that much money from a work related injury that still has you typing on the net. NO WAY.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn you sarge!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Model number and pics?  Or bullshit?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#41]
It is not true he is a LIAR.

You are just jealous XDBACKUPGUN.  Even if I was lieing (which I'm not) you could never prove it so quit ing my posts.

lawdog

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

lawdog

Do you honestly wonder WHY people are suspicious?

It was 10 DAYS ago that you posted that you were going to get a lot of money, and you are now saying that you just couldn't WAIT for a month to spend it, so you went to all the trouble of getting a bank loan and line of credit, just so you could run out and search for a house, and find a house, and buy a house, and get the title papers done, and start to move in  - all in 10 days??  

For 99.9% of bank loans, lines of credit, home purchases and title papers, it takes a little more than 10 days total to do what you are describing.

And - with all of your incredible wealth, you want us to believe that you (with a work disability) would HAUL GARBAGE to the dump yourself.  Why not pay someone to do it?  

It would have to be a pretty damn severe injury to be worth $2.5 in a SETTLEMENT, not a judgment - so I find it hard to believe that you are just running around, loading and unloading stuff off a truck.

But, what do I know - perhaps it was a severe brain injury

That said - I'm not calling you a liar - I'm just saying it is entirely reasonable for people to be suspicious.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#43]
No way in hell you got that much money from a work related injury

Tactical, you don't even know the details so shut the hell up...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
No way in hell you got that much money from a work related injury

Tactical, you don't even know the details so shut the hell up...

I don't need to know the details to know what wc pays out since I worked in the field for several years.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#45]
The papers must have a name on it...............so you should find the owner and return it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

lawdog

Those gift tax returns are a bitch, aren't they? Make sure you get it filed on time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#47]
But, what do I know - perhaps it was a severe brain injury

Professor, you are exactly right.  I have sympathetic and parasympathetic nerve damage from exposure to either cyanide or a combination of cyanide and carbon disulfide.  I have chronic pain, parastesia and numbness.  My medical doctor has diagnosed me with bi-polar type 2 disorder as a result of the chemical exposure.  I have excellent lawyers, thus, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#48]
The cards never lie, and they say....

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#49]
OK... to PROVE you are all full of bull-sh*&t, and that I'm not lying, when I get my settlement check, I'm going to post a copy (naturally, I'll have to redact the name of the insurance co. and bank account number).  Even then you cynical bastages probably still won't believe but that's your problem, not mine.  Till then....

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top