Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/23/2006 12:48:13 PM EDT
New member here; Always a right-thinking 'Okie' gal.

Here in the last few days I've read two or three threads about the Oklahoma City bombing (1995).

I was here. I felt the blast. One of my coworkers/ friends was IN the blast (*bad*). I remember so clearly going downtown, seeing the wreckage. The gentleman in my life at the time was a VN veteran, and he told me what that smell was when the air hung low. As if I needed telling. hall
So many people asked me so many things. Yes I read the books, from black helicopters and back to common sense.

Finally I started telling people "I know one thing for certain. I shall never know the Truth. Truth with a capital 'T'. That; I shall never know. Now let me get on with my life. Good old Ocham's Razor: The simplest route, the least convoluted reasoning. That is all I can endorse. Good day."

If anyone here is interested in that day, I can tell you what I know, and what I do NOT know.

But something within me wants to know. How could it not?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:55:21 PM EDT
I have spent a lot of time in OKC (Norman, really) and I get a huge lump in my throat everytime I go see the Murrah building Memorial, for some reason I always remember a vibrant part of OKC where the Murrah building was but after the attack that part of town feels quiet, sullen and lonely. my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:56:14 PM EDT
My office was damaged in the blast, and I had a very close friend just a block away (NE), several other friends in the immediate area.

1 We will never know the full truth about Waco, the progenitor or OKC bombing.

2 We will never know the full truth about the OKC bombing either, I think they got the right guy, but there were a lot more people involved.
Top Top