Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 12:48:13 PM EDT
New member here;  Always a right-thinking 'Okie' gal.

Here in the last few days I've read two or three threads about the Oklahoma City bombing (1995).

I was here.  I felt the blast.  One of my coworkers/ friends was IN the blast (*bad*).  I remember so clearly going downtown, seeing the wreckage.  The gentleman in my life at the time was a VN veteran, and he told me what that smell was when the air hung low.  As if I needed telling. hall
So many people asked me so many things.  Yes I read the books, from black helicopters and back to common sense.  

Finally I started telling people "I know one thing for certain.  I shall never know the Truth.  Truth with a capital 'T'.  That;  I shall never know.  Now let me get on with my life.  Good old Ocham's Razor:  The simplest route, the least convoluted reasoning.  That is all I can endorse.  Good day."

If anyone here is interested in that day, I can tell you what I know, and what I do NOT know.  

But something within me wants to know.  How could it not?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have spent a lot of time in OKC (Norman, really) and I get a huge lump in my throat everytime I go see the Murrah building Memorial, for some reason I always remember a vibrant part of OKC where the Murrah building was but after the attack that part of town feels quiet, sullen and lonely. my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
My office was damaged in the blast, and I had a very close friend just a block away (NE), several other friends in the immediate area.

1 We will never know the full truth about Waco, the progenitor or OKC bombing.

2 We will never know the full truth about the OKC bombing either, I think they got the right guy, but there were a lot more people involved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top