Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/21/2006 4:05:35 PM EDT
I lightly chipped one of my teeth, and my tooth also feels loose. Will that looseness eventually tighten up after a while?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:06:59 PM EDT
Mine did.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:08:43 PM EDT
From what i was told if a tooth becomes loose and is put back into place within several minutes, most of the time it will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:10:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By g3shooter:
I lightly chipped one of my teeth, and my tooth also feels loose. Will that looseness eventually tighten up after a while?

I have finally decided this week that I believe that dentist are closely tied to the Mofia. Two cavities filled 3 days ago and it still feels like someone has beat my face with a 2x4.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:24:57 PM EDT
i actually had my front tooth knocked out about 3 years ago, it was jammed back in there in the ambulance while i was unconscious. still there and works fine. i wouldnt worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:26:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:38:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 4:42:21 PM EDT by another_shooter]
In general, the tooth will tighten-up. Depending on the tooth, you may need to take it out of occlusion (sometimes, you need to stop functioning on a joint in order to promote healing, the periodontal ligament which holds the tooth in place is like a joint). So, you may need to see a dentist (to grind the tooth out of occlusion -- ie. out of function).

If the tooth was badly traumatized, it may die. But it's better to have a dad tooth (with root canal therapy) than no tooth.

ETA - a light chip --- your tooth should be fine. See a dentist if the looseness persists or gets worse. Worst case would be if the tooth were fractured where you couldn't see it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:44:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tomislav:
www.lakesidebilliardsupply.com/locktite.jpg

Oh that reminds me....

There was a guy at the plant, who was off in the head....

Well he had a loose tooth, and decided to "fix" it himself.

He mixed up some Epoxy Patch, the stuff comes in 2 tubes, you mix equel parts, well he did and applied to his tooth.

He was off work for several weeks, the stuff just about killed him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:13:52 PM EDT
Light chip, less than a millimeter.
Top Top