Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 4:05:35 PM EDT
I lightly chipped one of my teeth, and my tooth also feels loose. Will that looseness eventually tighten up after a while?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine did.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
From what i was told if a tooth becomes loose and is put back into place within several minutes, most of the time it will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I lightly chipped one of my teeth, and my tooth also feels loose. Will that looseness eventually tighten up after a while?

I have finally decided this week that I believe that dentist are closely tied to the Mofia.  Two cavities filled 3 days ago and it still feels like someone has beat my face with a 2x4.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
i actually had my front tooth knocked out about 3 years ago, it was jammed back in there in the ambulance while i was unconscious. still there and works fine. i wouldnt worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
In general, the tooth will tighten-up. Depending on the tooth, you may need to take it out of occlusion (sometimes, you need to stop functioning on a joint in order to promote healing, the periodontal ligament which holds the tooth in place is like a joint). So, you may need to see a dentist (to grind the tooth out of occlusion -- ie. out of function).

If the tooth was badly traumatized, it may die. But it's better to have a dad tooth (with root canal therapy) than no tooth.

ETA - a light chip --- your tooth should be fine. See a dentist if the looseness persists or gets worse. Worst case would be if the tooth were fractured where you couldn't see it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.lakesidebilliardsupply.com/locktite.jpg

Oh that reminds me....

There was a guy at the plant, who was off in the head....

Well he had a loose tooth, and decided to "fix" it himself.

He mixed up some Epoxy Patch, the stuff comes in 2 tubes, you mix equel parts, well he did and applied to his tooth.

He was off work for several weeks, the stuff just about killed him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Light chip, less than a millimeter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top