Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:36:15 PM EDT
This e-mail is still going around. I just got it again today:

Got this from a former Marine first sergeant - thought you might be interested in his son's assessment of weapons and enemy tactics in Iraq (the boy is home from his first tour, going back in early 2006, and early re-enlisted for another 4 years.)

I remember that this e-mail/letter was discussed at length here. So, did anyone figure out if this was a real e-mail from a real Marine? It trashes the AR.

1)  The M-16 rifle:  Thumbs down.  Chronic jamming problems with the talcum powder like sand over there.  The sand is everywhere.  Jordan says you feel filthy 2 minutes after coming out of the shower.  The M-4 carbine version is more popular because it's lighter and shorter, but it has jamming problems also.  They like the ability to mount the various optical gunsights and weapons lights on the picattiny rails, but the weapon itself is not great in a desert environment.    They all hate the 5.56mm (.223) round.  Poor penetration on the cinderblock structure common over there and even torso hits cant be reliably counted on to put the enemy down.   Fun fact: Random autopsies on dead insurgents shows a high level of opiate use.

My search fu sucks. Anyone have a link to the original thread? And, again, is this e-mail legit? I never heard.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
we should give them all   bazookas    

problem solved
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, it was verified as being super ghey and nobody cares about little Jimmy's opinion.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

problem solved

Or clone SquadDog.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

problem solved

Hey, it works in Unreal Tournament!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty well de bunked as far as being from a Marine. Forest I think posted something that pretty much tore it apart.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
We need an instant death penalty for the next guy who starts a thread about this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We need an instant death penalty for the next guy who starts a thread about this.

LOL

" I got this email you guys have got to see..."

for a week I think I saw this 10 times in GD and three or four in the tech. forum
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hey, man. Hate the game, not the player. Original thread, please? (ADD: I probably can't find it because I can't search the GD forum because I haven't sent my $20 bucks in. Sorry, I need all my cash for my kid's lukemia treatments ).

I'm doing my best to direct those getting e-mailed this to the real wisdom of the ARFCOM hive mind.

Kill the message, not the messanger.

"JOIN ME, FATHER," Luke said. "I SENSE THE GOOD STILL AT WORK WITHIN YOU."
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, man. Hate the game, not the player. Original thread, please? (ADD: I probably can't find it because I can't search the GD forum because I haven't sent my $20 bucks in. Sorry, I need all my cash for my kid's lukemia treatments ).

I'm doing my best to direct those getting e-mailed this to the real wisdom of the ARFCOM hive mind.

Which one?  There have been so many and I think most got trashed.  You might just want to give up on the  hivemind  crap and go to Snopes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#10]
What is this Snopes of which you speak?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

A hint to the wise.

If you recieve an e-mail, and you think it would make a good topic here, it will be a dupe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Agreed.

That's why I want a link to the "original" discussion of this.

Can't very well go back to the original if my thread was the original.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#13]
If you receive a forwarded email, chances are it is a lie.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you receive a forwarded email, chances are it is a lie.

Do not tell me that. My entire skillset and worldview is based on forwarded e-mails. Your's isn't?

Where is Captain Obvious when we need him?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Before the lock here's a couple of the origionals:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=256721&page=1

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=407465

Dammit, Bandit. How dare you answer my real question. I was having way too much fun being treated like a dumbass. Oh, well.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Before the lock here's a couple of the origionals:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=256721&page=1

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=407465

Damit, Bandit. How dare you answer my real question. I was having way too much fun being treated like a dumbass. Oh, well.

Thanks.

Don't worry it's nothing that any non-freeloading retarded monkey couldn't do.

Feel better now?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Agreed.

That's why I want a link to the "original" discussion of this.

Can't very well go back to the original if my thread was the original.

There have been soooo many threads about this phantom e-mail, posting the list would eat up so much bandwidth the site would shut down.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Duplicate topic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top